Eli the Barrowboy

When entering the US through Dublin

3 posts in this topic

Hey there,

Our daughter is entering the US on Wednesday and is coming through Dublin so that will be her point of entry so to speak.

I know quite a few UK people do the Dublin route and I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate of how long she should allow herself and what to expect ... she's young and nervous and will be traveling solo.

She is arriving at the airport (providing the bus gets there on time) at 8.30am and her flight is at 1pm. I'm assuming that gives her time to get checked in, get through the horrendous security and then get to the US Immigration section.

So, any help or additional info would be much appreciated by us both. I am compiling the info for her into a dossier alo9ng with things like how to connect in Chicago (from memory of a trip two years ago).

Thanks.

R.

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

My god, that's enough time to get checked in and take a wee nap before the flight!

That being said, there is a new terminal at Dublin. It sounds like she is just going to miss it's opening.

http://www.dublinairport.com/at-airport/latest-news/211010.html

She'll check in and go through security. She will then proceed to the area for gates outbound to the US. She'll need her ESTA information and they will send her downstairs to go through US immigration. Much shorter lines here than clearing immigration at O'Hare.

Shortly before the flight lands at O'Hare, the flight attendants will instruct the passengers on which route to take through the terminal to by-pass immigration. The way will also be clearly marked after she has disembarked. She will collect her bags for customs. If she has another domestic flight after customs, she will re-check her bags with that airline.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

My husband went through Dublin on to Chicago with a K-1, and he says it took about 30 minutes to go through the customs/immigration bit, including standing in line. They don't mess around in Dublin, he said. Dead simple! He went into the little secondary room, but only briefly.

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.