Khemia

Sponsorship agencies?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Heya,

I know that if I apply for a K1 visa, my boyfriend and I have to have a sponsor since he doesn't earn enough money for the USCIS to accept it. However, we also have a lot of money saved up, which would mean that we could survive without me getting unemployment help or anything. So basically, a sponsor wouldn't have to pay for anything, but we still need one and my boyfriend doesn't know anyone who could do it.

Are there maybe any agencies who help people? Or is there any other way to find a sponsor maybe?

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if this question was asked before, but I couldn't find anything when I searched for it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Heya,

I know that if I apply for a K1 visa, my boyfriend and I have to have a sponsor since he doesn't earn enough money for the USCIS to accept it. However, we also have a lot of money saved up, which would mean that we could survive without me getting unemployment help or anything. So basically, a sponsor wouldn't have to pay for anything, but we still need one and my boyfriend doesn't know anyone who could do it.

Are there maybe any agencies who help people? Or is there any other way to find a sponsor maybe?

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if this question was asked before, but I couldn't find anything when I searched for it.

There are no visas for girlfriends so do not let your FIANCE know about the boyfriend you have.

He can qualify using assets such as the money you have saved.

Your fiance will ALWAYS be your "sponsor", he can get a co-sponsor if needed. There are no agencies doing this commercially. I have heard of churches or other organizations who will help find co-sponsors. You must be sponsored by your fiance and co-sponsored by another individual. "Agencies" cannot be a co-sponsor, it must be a person.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

There are no visas for girlfriends so do not let your FIANCE know about the boyfriend you have.

He can qualify using assets such as the money you have saved.

Your fiance will ALWAYS be your "sponsor", he can get a co-sponsor if needed. There are no agencies doing this commercially. I have heard of churches or other organizations who will help find co-sponsors. You must be sponsored by your fiance and co-sponsored by another individual. "Agencies" cannot be a co-sponsor, it must be a person.

Yes, I didn't quite mean my co-sponsor to be an agency, but rather that one person from an agency or something like that would be the co-sponsor. Well, thanks for the info since we didn't quite understand that he is the sponsor in any case. It sounded like the sponsor would have to be someone who earns enough money (which isn't the case for my... fiance :D). Also, it didn't sound like the USCIS would accept saved up money, since the form you have to fill out as a sponsor doesn't really mention it.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes, I didn't quite mean my co-sponsor to be an agency, but rather that one person from an agency or something like that would be the co-sponsor. Well, thanks for the info since we didn't quite understand that he is the sponsor in any case. It sounded like the sponsor would have to be someone who earns enough money (which isn't the case for my... fiance :D). Also, it didn't sound like the USCIS would accept saved up money, since the form you have to fill out as a sponsor doesn't really mention it.

Might I suggest you carefully read the form one more time. I think you'll find the statement in bold above to be false.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Might I suggest you carefully read the form one more time. I think you'll find the statement in bold above to be false.

You really need to read the forms carefully, that is correct. Most of your questions will be answered.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Heya,

As others have said, you can use cash assets to qualify. Look at section 7 of the I-134. The general rule is that assets offset income at a 1:3 ratio for an immediate relative (a fiance would usually be considered an immediate relative), or a 1:5 ratio for anyone else. For example, if your fiance is $5000 short on income then he'd need $15,000 in assets to offset the shortage.

BTW, unemployment payments in the United States are not a benefit that everyone who is unemployed is eligible to collect, like in some European countries. In the US, they are payments from an insurance policy which is funded by your employer when you're working. You wouldn't be eligible to collect unemployment payments until you've worked for a while in the US. There are additional restrictions, such as you can collect if you're laid off, but not if you quit or get fired. As a new immigrant, there are very few taxpayer funded benefits you would be eligible for.

You're going to need a joint sponsor twice; first for the consulate interview, and again for the green card application. One reason for providing a clearly qualified sponsor at the consulate is to satisfy them that you'll have a clearly qualified sponsor when it comes time to apply for the green card. Consulates won't issue a visa to an intending immigrant if they think they'll end up stuck in the US, unable to get a green card because they don't have a qualified sponsor. The I-864 affidavit that a sponsor signs for the green card application is binding contract with potentially long term consequences. The sponsor is agreeing to provide financial support for the immigrant, if necessary, and to reimburse the government if the immigrant collects means tested benefits. This is a big favor to ask from a friend or family member. It's too much to ask from a stranger. There are no organizations or agencies that provide a service of finding joint sponsors because someone who doesn't know and trust you and/or your fiance would never do this.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.