Spoon

A few logistial questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am still waiting on my NOA2 but I like to plan ahead. I have been getting a lot of good info from this site but I it also gave me some ideas that I wanted to run past the community.

1. Proof of ongoing relationship - I am in the really lucky position of being able to travel to see my fiance quite a bit. Since we have filed, I have seen her twice and we have two more trips planned. My question is with all the talk of Skype and phone records, can I send my fiance in to the interview armed with a copy of my passport stamps and photos of us on all our adventures? Would it be better to have both phone records and travel records? My thought is that if we are meeting on a regular basis, that should trump almost any other form of evidence.

2. Assuming we get approved (*crosses fingers*) after the interview, how long does it take to get the package and the actual visa from the consulate?

3. Does going to the interview make any difference (bad or good)? I know I cannot be with her when she is being interviewed but I would like to be there for support and to celebrate our hopefully good news. In conjunction with my second question, I also would like to get her packed up and come back over with her as soon as we can. After we get the visa, is there any reason we can't jump on a plane and come home?

4. What's the process for getting through immigration at the POE? I know she has to give the CBP officer her packet and they open it, but I wanted to know how long it would take. I would love to be with her assuming that we fly to the US together so I am also curious if that is an issue or not. Waiting for two hours at the airport when she came over on a tourist visa when she was being grilled was not fun and if I can't travel back with her, I would like to be prepared.

Thanks for the help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

i only know the amswer to one question and thats about the interview. bring absolutely everything that is proof of relationship, even if there are not many phone records. just bring everything you can! best of luck, we're waiting for our NOA2 aswell :)

October 8th- Sent off K-1 visa package

October 21st- Received email saying we have been assigned to CSC

October 28th- Waiting on NOA1

October 29th- NOA1 received!!!

March 16th 2011- Received email saying petition for fiance has been approved and that NOA2 is in the mail!

April 12th 2011- Waiting on lettter with interview date from Dublin Embassy. Medical scheduled for 26th April

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am still waiting on my NOA2 but I like to plan ahead. I have been getting a lot of good info from this site but I it also gave me some ideas that I wanted to run past the community.

1. Proof of ongoing relationship - I am in the really lucky position of being able to travel to see my fiance quite a bit. Since we have filed, I have seen her twice and we have two more trips planned. My question is with all the talk of Skype and phone records, can I send my fiance in to the interview armed with a copy of my passport stamps and photos of us on all our adventures? Would it be better to have both phone records and travel records? My thought is that if we are meeting on a regular basis, that should trump almost any other form of evidence.

Your photos together, passport stamps, and e-tickets should be plenty - especially since you have met several times which is more than is required. We had no phone records and it didn't matter.

2. Assuming we get approved (*crosses fingers*) after the interview, how long does it take to get the package and the actual visa from the consulate?

your wife's passport, with visa inside, will come to her via DHL in 5 or 6 days after her interview

3. Does going to the interview make any difference (bad or good)? I know I cannot be with her when she is being interviewed but I would like to be there for support and to celebrate our hopefully good news. In conjunction with my second question, I also would like to get her packed up and come back over with her as soon as we can. After we get the visa, is there any reason we can't jump on a plane and come home?

Going to the interview makes no difference, and she can get on the plane with you as soon as she has her visa.

4. What's the process for getting through immigration at the POE? I know she has to give the CBP officer her packet and they open it, but I wanted to know how long it would take. I would love to be with her assuming that we fly to the US together so I am also curious if that is an issue or not. Waiting for two hours at the airport when she came over on a tourist visa when she was being grilled was not fun and if I can't travel back with her, I would like to be prepared.

I didn't fly with my wife, but I did not wait long at the airport for her to come out. She had no problems and little delay at POE.

Thanks for the help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks for the help

1. Send it all, let them sort it out. I am sure you will have plenty but I am not going to be the one to tell you what NOT to send or take.

2. Usually 2-3 days, they will tell you 7-10 days

3. In Russia they will not let you in. In Ukraien they did and I went. I suggest you go. I doubt it will make a difference in the decision and I won;t try to tell you it will...but it makes a HUGE difference for your fiancee who is very scared and worried. Go if you can. She can bring your passport in to show you are present, FWIW. You also do not want to miss the "sucessful visa interview party" afterwards!

4. She goes through the same process you do. She presents her passport and her visa envelope. They look it over and stamp her I-94 (she will fill out the I-94 when she arrives at the POE) and that's about it. We had more problems with the dog and cat Alla brought than with Alla and Pasha. It is possible she may get a secondary interview, but so can you and so can anyone else. In general it is no different than any other entry to the US, that is why they put the package together for you and tell you NOT TO OPEN IT!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Pretty much as others have said. I did just what you are asking. I went over for her interview and although I could not go in I was glad I was there as there was a misunderstanding about hew daughters K-2 and I was able to get it worked out while I was there.

1. Send it all, but the extra visits are a big plus.

2. 2-3 days to get the passport with visa and package, depending on where she lives as it is delivered by DHL. We had ours held at the DHL in Moscow as we were worried it might not arrive in her town in time.

3. As I said above. Sure helped in our case.

4. Depends on where your POE is. Ours was Atlanta. Went through citizens line together, they sent us to a second location where we waited over three hours, then about 10 minutes of an officer actually doing some work before we were out of there. I was with her the entire time.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.