John*&*his*GG

Tourist visa?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, My girlfriend is originally from the Philippines living in Amman, Jordan, as a nurse, on a work visa. I was wondering how possible would it be for her to visit me in St. Louis Missouri, Usa?

Also what can we do to see that successful?

Hi, My girlfriend is originally from the Philippines living in Amman, Jordan, as a nurse, on a work visa. I was wondering how possible would it be for her to visit me in St. Louis Missouri, Usa?

Also what can we do to see that successful?

When she applies for a B2 visa at the US Consulate/Embassy that has jurisdiction over Jordan, she should bring :

- letter of employment (stating period of employment, salary, job, job description, when she's expected to be back, etc., etc.)

- employment contract

- pay stubs

- apartment lease in Amman (or property deed if she has a house/land there)

- proof of ownership (car)

- bank accounts

- any other documents that can be used as evidence of compelling reason to return to Amman, Jordan

She may or may not be granted a B2 visa.

Applying for a B2 visa for the Christmas holiday is good timing as it's very common for people to visit during this time or take a break during this time. The IO will most likely ask her where she's going to stay, with whom, who is she going to visit,.... When she says she's going to stay with her boyfriend, the IO may or may not think that she's going to stay in the USA. It all depends on how strongly she can convince (by way of supporting docs) the IO that she has more reason to go back to Jordan than to stay in the USA.

I was able to get a B1/B2 visa while I was in Canada even though I had a boyfriend in the USA. While the IO did ask a lot of questions about where we're planning to live if/when we marry, the IO did say at the end that "there is no intent to marry during your trip to the US (main stated purpose was to attend and present at a science conference)."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When she applies for a B2 visa at the US Consulate/Embassy that has jurisdiction over Jordan, she should bring :

- letter of employment (stating period of employment, salary, job, job description, when she's expected to be back, etc., etc.)

- employment contract

- pay stubs

- apartment lease in Amman (or property deed if she has a house/land there)

- proof of ownership (car)

- bank accounts

- any other documents that can be used as evidence of compelling reason to return to Amman, Jordan

She may or may not be granted a B2 visa.

Applying for a B2 visa for the Christmas holiday is good timing as it's very common for people to visit during this time or take a break during this time. The IO will most likely ask her where she's going to stay, with whom, who is she going to visit,.... When she says she's going to stay with her boyfriend, the IO may or may not think that she's going to stay in the USA. It all depends on how strongly she can convince (by way of supporting docs) the IO that she has more reason to go back to Jordan than to stay in the USA.

I was able to get a B1/B2 visa while I was in Canada even though I had a boyfriend in the USA. While the IO did ask a lot of questions about where we're planning to live if/when we marry, the IO did say at the end that "there is no intent to marry during your trip to the US (main stated purpose was to attend and present at a science conference)."

Will bank accounts, and proof of employment be enough? She really doesn't have anything else. No car and She lives in a flat/hostel with other nurses.

The odds are very high she will be denied a visa. The US does not want filipinos coming to the US on tourist visa because too many have overstayed them. They will only grant them if they can be SURE that the person will come back to the philippines. They require property/land ownership and/or millions of pesos in the bank. You can try, but do not be surprised if you are turned down for the visa as almost all are.

07-28-2009 : Met online

10-14-2009 : Met for the first time in Cebu, had to go back 11-1-2009

01-14-2010 : Moved to Cebu

02-25-2010 : Married

10-14-2010 : DCF I-130 at Manila Embassy

10-21-2010 : Additional requested supporting evidence received at embassy

11-05-2010 : I-130 application approved

11-11-2010 : Received Packet 3 via Fed Ex with MNL Case #

11-18-2010 : Packet 3 (DS-230 and Interview request) received at embassy

11-22-2010 : Calling to try and get an interview date set!

12-16-2010 : Medical completed in Manila at St. Lukes

12-17-2010 : Flying back to the US to prepare for Maricel's arrival

01-12-2011 : Interview Set

01-12-2011 : APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-20-2011 : Receive Visa

01-25-2011 : CFO Seminar completed - ready to go!

02-12-2011 : Leave Manila

02-13-2011 : POE at Houston, TX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.