tom&tanya

Learning English

136 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

omg, this is the funniest thread ever :rofl:

well, being a russian woman i feel like i ve missed a bit on a part that my fiance is native russian and we wear tapochki/tapki (slippers) with no second thought on it ha ha.

im afraid to ruin your beliefs that its sort of a cult, but the reason as simple as clean floor at cleannes-freaks-russian-ladies dom (house/home) :star::innocent:

'russian' in a meaning russian speaking :)

Edited by Milushka

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

zayebal is a verb. Completely different from dolboyob, which basically means jackass/@$$hole. My online translator thing gave me dickhead/f***head.

Thanks eekee. I never heard yours before. The one I put out there I have heard used as a adjective. Vika doesn't really curse much, but her best GF's husband asked me what it meant. Vika laughed pretty hard when I asked her.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I imagine that she is saying DOLBOYOB.

Never once even heard that word. Waaaay too tame for my wife to use. That'd be like her saying ####### instead of sh!t. Although, she has started pulling a Ralphie and saying "fudge" instead of THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!

**gasp** never to her husband!!! Maybe zayabal though :lol:

I hear that one quite a bit.

i never thought i'd see the day when slim was whipped. :cry:

You still haven't seen it.

Although... I pick my battles a bit more now than I used to.

the reason as simple as clean floor

Tapochki make your floor no cleaner than wearing shoes.

I tell my wife "the vacuum cleaner makes clean floor too" but apparently tapochki are a lot easier than vacuuming.

Vika doesn't really curse much

My wife could make a sailor blush.

her best GF's husband asked me what it meant.

There is no way I'd be cursed at or talked about without knowing what it meant.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

According to my stepdaughter my wife innocent.gif , being a good Ukrainian country girl, almost never curses. Hmmmm, I'm not so sure .....

This morning she was watching TV and said: Oh Pleeeze Tom Pleeze, I Vant this crem. (Cindy Crawford wrinkle cream of some sort) Oh Tom, Sank you, Sank you, Pleeeze! blink.gifblush.gif

K-1 / K-2 Timeline:
02/02/2010 - Sent I-129F
02/04/2010 - NOA1
05/06/2010 - NOA2
07/13/2010 - Consulate Interview - APPROVED
07/17/2010 - POE (JFK)

07/30/2010 - MARRIED!

AOS-EAD Timeline:
08/29/2010 - AOS-EAD sent
09/08/2010 - NOA1
09/17/2010 - Biometrics
11/06/2010 - EAD card received
11/08/2010 - AOS interview - GC's APPROVED
11/19/2010 - Green Cards Arrived

After two amazing years together....

ROC Timeline:
08/10/2012 - ROC sent
08/14/2012 - NOA1
08/27/2012 - Biometrics

05/01/2013 - ROC - APPROVED

05/06/2013 - Green Cards Arrived

Citizenship:

08/31/2013 - N-400 sent

09/04/2013 - NOA1

09/27/2013 - Biometrics

10/08/2013 - In-Line

11/13/2013 - Interview

12/13/2013 - Oath -- Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks eekee. I never heard yours before. The one I put out there I have heard used as a adjective. Vika doesn't really curse much, but her best GF's husband asked me what it meant. Vika laughed pretty hard when I asked her.

Well, it depends on the context. If your wife said, "Ty mne zayebal!," it is the same as "nadoyel"--I am f*$king sick of you, you're being f&%king annoying. If you wanted to say it to your wife, you'd say, "Ty mne zayebalA!," and then you'd go sleep on the couch. If someone says "Vsyo zayebis'," however, that's like saying "Everything is cool/ok." Don't worry, vsyo zayebis'!

It does not surprise me that Slim's wife could make a sailor blush, but it's very rare to find a woman who swears in Russian with any regularity.

Первый блин комом.

Well, it depends on the context. If your wife said, "Ty mne zayebal!," it is the same as "nadoyel"--I am f*$king sick of you, you're being f&%king annoying. If you wanted to say it to your wife, you'd say, "Ty mne zayebalA!," and then you'd go sleep on the couch. If someone says "Vsyo zayebis'," however, that's like saying "Everything is cool/ok." Don't worry, vsyo zayebis'!

My buddy called me and said his wife (I have called her several uncomplimentary names here before), was mad at him again. She was rolling her eyes and saying ZA-YA-BAL! I think he mowed some flowers or something. Of course he didn't pronounce the word correctly - so I had to try several times while Vika asked questions, then went into a hysterical laughing fit, and called his wife to make sure. Sure enough.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Oh Pleeeze Tom Pleeze, I Vant this crem. (Cindy Crawford wrinkle cream of some sort) Oh Tom, Sank you, Sank you, Pleeeze!

Are you familiar with the word pazhalsta?

Well, it depends on the context. If your wife said, "Ty mne zayebal!," it is the same as "nadoyel"--I am f*$king sick of you, you're being f&%king annoying.

My wife says that in Russian and English. She says it in Russian several times and then just to make sure I understand she goes ahead and translates it into English for me just in case I may've missed something. She repeats the English too just to be sure.

It does not surprise me that Slim's wife could make a sailor blush, but it's very rare to find a woman who swears in Russian with any regularity.

Almost every single Russian girl I've met curses like a sailor. Worse, probably.

Then again, most of the girls I've met aren't extactly (as my wife would say) "high sophisticate and development culture. They like so stupid and not intelligent, event not respect themselves or nobody."

"They're your friends!"

My wife only swears in English...and I'm not sure she knows it. She just repeats the words I use under certain circumstances. :)

My wife does the same thing but she knows better - she just doesn't care. It doesn't carry the same sting, I guess. When we're out in a crowded restaurant and she's dropping F-bomb after F-bomb I just sit there and think to myself, "oh man, I hope they can't understand because of her accent."

My buddy called me and said his wife (I have called her several uncomplimentary names here before), was mad at him again. She was rolling her eyes and saying ZA-YA-BAL! I think he mowed some flowers or something. Of course he didn't pronounce the word correctly - so I had to try several times while Vika asked questions, then went into a hysterical laughing fit, and called his wife to make sure. Sure enough.

I don't even pretend to be fluent in Russian or any other language. But, if I had a woman calling me things and talking to her friends about me, you're darn tootin I'd learn that language PDQ. It baffles me that there are dudes out there whose wives and girlfriends will sit there and say disparaging things about them and they just smile and nod. "Yep, I'm hittin that."

Yeah, you and everyone else she talks about.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

It baffles me that there are dudes out there whose wives and girlfriends will sit there and say disparaging things about them and they just smile and nod. "Yep, I'm hittin that."

Yeah, you and everyone else she talks about.

Erum..... big red flag?

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Erum..... big red flag?

I think they don't care. As long as the girl is waaaay out of their league yet still agrees to have sex with them every now and then, they're good.

Русский форум член.

I think they don't care. As long as the girl is waaaay out of their league yet still agrees to have sex with them every now and then, they're good.

:no:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

omg, this is the funniest thread ever :rofl:

well, being a russian woman i feel like i ve missed a bit on a part that my fiance is native russian and we wear tapochki/tapki (slippers) with no second thought on it ha ha.

im afraid to ruin your beliefs that its sort of a cult, but the reason as simple as clean floor at cleannes-freaks-russian-ladies dom (house/home) :star::innocent:

'russian' in a meaning russian speaking :)

Don't ruin our fantasies! And if your fiance is Russian you will miss out half the fun! :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

My wife only swears in English...and I'm not sure she knows it. She just repeats the words I use under certain circumstances. :)

Ditto. And the only word she says comes out like "shirt!" You can guess. And she says "is it REALLY a bad word? Very bad?" I answered "not when it sounds like shirt"

Though one day another woman cut her off on a busy street, she nearly hit her and Alla launched into the most vile Russian I ever heard! Then she pulled over crying and apologizing for her crude behavior. I had to take over driving she was so upset. I cannot even begin to repeat everything but their were lots of "Blats" and "Tovag mahts" and such. :lol:

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

According to my stepdaughter my wife innocent.gif , being a good Ukrainian country girl, almost never curses. Hmmmm, I'm not so sure .....

This morning she was watching TV and said: Oh Pleeeze Tom Pleeze, I Vant this crem. (Cindy Crawford wrinkle cream of some sort) Oh Tom, Sank you, Sank you, Pleeeze! blink.gifblush.gif

Yes, rare indeed. Alla is a good girl, nearly never swears (an exception noted above) and does not tolerate it in her husband. It is a sign of being uneducated and basically "trash". It is OK for men to act "like men" when women are not around. Funny how they seem to accept that men "do things" (smoke, drink, swear, look at women, etc.) just do not do it around them!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

It is OK for men to act "like men" when women are not around. Funny how they seem to accept that men "do things" (smoke, drink, swear, look at women, etc.) just do not do it around them!

Still another reason they are so awesome! kicking.gif

K-1 / K-2 Timeline:
02/02/2010 - Sent I-129F
02/04/2010 - NOA1
05/06/2010 - NOA2
07/13/2010 - Consulate Interview - APPROVED
07/17/2010 - POE (JFK)

07/30/2010 - MARRIED!

AOS-EAD Timeline:
08/29/2010 - AOS-EAD sent
09/08/2010 - NOA1
09/17/2010 - Biometrics
11/06/2010 - EAD card received
11/08/2010 - AOS interview - GC's APPROVED
11/19/2010 - Green Cards Arrived

After two amazing years together....

ROC Timeline:
08/10/2012 - ROC sent
08/14/2012 - NOA1
08/27/2012 - Biometrics

05/01/2013 - ROC - APPROVED

05/06/2013 - Green Cards Arrived

Citizenship:

08/31/2013 - N-400 sent

09/04/2013 - NOA1

09/27/2013 - Biometrics

10/08/2013 - In-Line

11/13/2013 - Interview

12/13/2013 - Oath -- Now a U.S. citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.