En&Em

CSC - Five-Month Hold???

155 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Thank you for putting them straight. I really don't need to hear how quickly they are moving.

oh i know,me either,its completely unfair and makes the matter worse

Thank you for putting them straight. I really don't need to hear how quickly they are moving.

Agreed. Reading that was like taking a bullet.

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Look... I don't think you all should worry that much. The operator said only what was already on USCIS website when it comes to processing times. 5 months is what they tell you the normal processing times are. Of course, it's tough, especially when we all know people were approved in a few weeks, in a month, two or three. I'm at VSC so I don't know, but... I really think it will be ok for you, guys, too!

Edited by Ella & Octav

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Timeline

Look... I don't think you all should worry that much. The operator said only what was already on USCIS website when it comes to processing times. 5 months is what they tell you the normal processing times are. Of course, it's tough, especially when we all know people were approved in a few weeks, in a month, two or three. I'm at VSC so I don't know, but... I really think it will be ok for you, guys, too!

then again it has only been a month or two since you got your first notice of action and of course not many vsc filers have to wait 150 days.

no one has any hard feelings towards VSC petitioners,we are furious with CSC .... head officers or whatever they are called.

just imagine how you would feel if you had to wait 150 days if not more on the first step of your visa process.

it kidna gets hard to even remember how to spell patience

Edited by ygr

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I used to work in a call centre doing tech support and sometimes I would hear other reps tell their customers the most grossly inaccurate information that they somehow conjured from our support guides. I would cringe at the thought of the customer believing them. I feel like we are blowing some idiot's misinformation waaayyyy out of proportion here. Let's face it, these people aren't really USCIS reps, they're phone jockeys probably making $9/hr. They're not immigration experts. Take their "information" with a grain of salt. It wasn't that long ago they were telling people here that they're still working on April petitions. When was the last time you saw an April person get approved? Months ago!

Edited by JlovesA

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

I used to work in a call centre doing tech support and sometimes I would hear other reps tell their customers the most grossly inaccurate information that they somehow conjured from our support guides. I would cringe at the thought of the customer believing them. I feel like we are blowing some idiot's misinformation waaayyyy out of proportion here. Let's face it, these people aren't really USCIS reps, they're phone jockeys probably making $9/hr. They're not immigration experts. Take their "information" with a grain of salt. It wasn't that long ago they were telling people here that they're still working on April petitions. When was the last time you saw an April person get approved? Months ago!

Here here! I'm on a positivity train that's never derailing!

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I guess no christmas for us May/June/July filers... thats just sad. majority of them didnt get NOAs2 yet

If only we can abort and file on VSC.. I Live in California and thats why I mailed it to CSC.

I know everyone here is Optimistic and always thinking positive.

but its always hard to explain this very details to that person who is far away waiting for you.not all are the same.

some can understand, some can wait... I dont know why CSC is understaff..

most people blame the government.. me I just blame the system.. no wonder some people cut the red tape and just do it illegaly and they get there process faster. like some go here using a work visa and just gets married right after or tourist visa. oh well..

Well the way I look at it: I am closer now than I ever have been. Back in August and September when the CSC was at a halt for K visas things were grim and dire. I was sure we'd not hear back until 2011 due to the back log, but here we are. It's November and they are starting late June petitions. Mine is only a few weeks away and I'm certain, unless they decide to stop again, we'll be approved just shy of our 5 month mark (Dec 7). I can do this.

After this step it all moves faster (on average). This is the hardest part. After the visa is approved, we can at least get through the rest of this ridiculous process in the same location. Sorting through awful paperwork and stressing over notifications is a great deal easier when you're living with your SO.

Edited by gap1

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Hi,

I have learned from this process that the call center people don't know much except your status at the moment. Maybe, a BIG maybe, a supervisor is able to tell you more. The process is slow especially when your waiting!!!:clock:The best you are able to do is read the guides and make sure that you have submitted everything needed so that you don't get an RFE because you missed something, and the already SLOW PROCESS becomes even slower :cry:.

All the best to those waiting :thumbs:

Timeline

then again it has only been a month or two since you got your first notice of action and of course not many vsc filers have to wait 150 days.

no one has any hard feelings towards VSC petitioners,we are furious with CSC .... head officers or whatever they are called.

just imagine how you would feel if you had to wait 150 days if not more on the first step of your visa process.

it kidna gets hard to even remember how to spell patience

Two months since NOA1 for us. I wasn't saying people have hard feelings towards VSC. Just that I wish you could all receive NOA2 much sooner than 5 months. That's all. I really understand because now I fear things will be that slow for VSC too. Maybe... I don't know that. But if it happens, I'll have to be patient until February. This is too much, don't they know it's hard to be far away from your loved one? :(

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Timeline

Two months since NOA1 for us. I wasn't saying people have hard feelings towards VSC. Just that I wish you could all receive NOA2 much sooner than 5 months. That's all. I really understand because now I fear things will be that slow for VSC too. Maybe... I don't know that. But if it happens, I'll have to be patient until February. This is too much, don't they know it's hard to be far away from your loved one? :(

dont worry VSC hasnt been as slow as CSC in quite sometime now,and it usually takes a while for them to get to the stop CSC did.

Timeline

dont worry VSC hasnt been as slow as CSC in quite sometime now,and it usually takes a while for them to get to the stop CSC did.

ygr, I've just looked at your timeline! I hope you get your noa2 soon 'cause I can imagine me waiting for such a long time(it is a long time indeed when you miss your loved one)... and it's not a good picture. :D lol So I really hope yours is just around the corner! :thumbs:

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Timeline

ygr, I've just looked at your timeline! I hope you get your noa2 soon 'cause I can imagine me waiting for such a long time(it is a long time indeed when you miss your loved one)... and it's not a good picture. :D lol So I really hope yours is just around the corner! :thumbs:

we havent seen eachother for about seven months,so,youre right it is not a pretty sight :thumbs::lol: thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well what a nice Christmas persent......be advised you will not get your approval untill you reach the 5 month goal !!

Sorry just had to vent..... :bonk:

Not trying to be negative.. but don't forget these CSC folks will get holiday time off too... Veteran's Day... Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's. That's about 2 weeks worth of additional backlog. Hopefully, they don't leave work early for holiday parties. This really sucks.

Here's the big question... will they ever get caught up or will people keep getting the runaround while they continue to cash $455 checks per pop? I'm no genius, but it would seem like they would staff up to catch up. I'm sure there are many qualified people sitting on unemployment looking for some job security right about now.

[08-06-10] - Mailed petition to California Service Center

[08-09-10] - Packet received and signed for at service center

[08-16-10] - Check cashed in Lewisville, Texas

[08-19-10] - Received NOA1 by mail (notice date August 13th)

[01-05-11] - Received email notification of NOA2 approval

[01-10-11] - NOA2 Hardcopy received - (Approval date January 4th)

[01-10-11} - NVC Case# Received

[01-13-11] - Case left NVC for the Embassy

[02-08-11] - Scanned and emailed DS-230 to Embassy; no Packet 3 received

[02-16-11] - Packet 4 mailed to fiance'

[03-18-11] - Interview date

[03-18-11] - Case Pending AP

[05-04-11] - Petition expired (no extension granted by embassy in JA)

[05-17-11] - Petition returned to USCIS

[08-01-11] - 2nd I-129 petition filed

[08-10-11] - NOA1 notice received

[01-17-12] - RFE (IMBRA limitations on #of petitions)

[01-19-12] - Sent request for IMBRA -I-129F waiver

[01-31-12] - NOA2 approved

[02-27-12] - Packet 3 Received (DS-230 Scanned and emailed)

[03-05-12] - Packet 4 Received w/interview date

[03-23-12] - Interview in JA - Approved!!! [/font]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.