MohamedJona

DEPT OF STATE WANTS TO HAVE IMMIGRATION PULL APPROVAL OF PETITION

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

MY HUSBAND WENT TO HIS INTERVIEW BACK IN MARCH 2010 AFTER MUCH TIME WE FINALLY FOUND OUT THEY DECIDED TO SEND OUR FILE BACK TO IMMIGRATION FOR REVIEW REQUESTING THAT THEY DENY THE PREVIOUS APPROVAL OF OUR PETITION. THEY BELIEVE THAT OUR RELATIONSHIP IS NOT LEGITIMATE. AFTER 2 MONTHS IT FINALLY REACHED THE IMMIGRATION DEPT AT WHICH TIME WE WERE TOLD WE HAD TO WAIT 120 DAYS FOR AN UPDATE TO THE CASE. WE WAITED THE 120 DAYS AND I CALLED IN ON WEDNESDAY THE 27TH OF OCTOBER. THEY SENT AN EMAIL TO THE CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER WHICH IS WHERE OUR CASE IS BEING PROCESSED TO SEE WHAT THE STATUS WAS AS THERE WAS NO UPDATE OR CONTACT RECIEVED WHITHIN THE 120 DAY TIME FRAME. TODAY I GOT AN EMAIL THAT SAID::The status of this service request is:

The required background checks for the subject case remain pending. We will render a decision as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision within 180 days of this inquiry, please contact csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov.

NOW ITS ANOTHER 6 MONTHS DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO ARE WE REALLY GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 6 MONTHS FOR A BACKGROUND CHECK AND WHY EXACTLY IS ANOTHER ONE BEING DONE SINCE ONE WAS DONE ALREADY AND HOW LONG REALLY DOES THIS TAKE PLEASE ANYONE WHO HAS ANY VITAL INFORMATION ON THIS OR CAN HELP IN ANY WAY I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE THE ASSISTANCE IN THIS.

MohamedJona

183981.png

Timeline

MY HUSBAND WENT TO HIS INTERVIEW BACK IN MARCH 2010 AFTER MUCH TIME WE FINALLY FOUND OUT THEY DECIDED TO SEND OUR FILE BACK TO IMMIGRATION FOR REVIEW REQUESTING THAT THEY DENY THE PREVIOUS APPROVAL OF OUR PETITION. THEY BELIEVE THAT OUR RELATIONSHIP IS NOT LEGITIMATE. AFTER 2 MONTHS IT FINALLY REACHED THE IMMIGRATION DEPT AT WHICH TIME WE WERE TOLD WE HAD TO WAIT 120 DAYS FOR AN UPDATE TO THE CASE. WE WAITED THE 120 DAYS AND I CALLED IN ON WEDNESDAY THE 27TH OF OCTOBER. THEY SENT AN EMAIL TO THE CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER WHICH IS WHERE OUR CASE IS BEING PROCESSED TO SEE WHAT THE STATUS WAS AS THERE WAS NO UPDATE OR CONTACT RECIEVED WHITHIN THE 120 DAY TIME FRAME. TODAY I GOT AN EMAIL THAT SAID::The status of this service request is:

The required background checks for the subject case remain pending. We will render a decision as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision within 180 days of this inquiry, please contact csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov.

NOW ITS ANOTHER 6 MONTHS DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO ARE WE REALLY GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 6 MONTHS FOR A BACKGROUND CHECK AND WHY EXACTLY IS ANOTHER ONE BEING DONE SINCE ONE WAS DONE ALREADY AND HOW LONG REALLY DOES THIS TAKE PLEASE ANYONE WHO HAS ANY VITAL INFORMATION ON THIS OR CAN HELP IN ANY WAY I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE THE ASSISTANCE IN THIS.

MohamedJona

183981.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A little hard to read in all caps but have you contacted your senator for help?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

I am sorry for all that delay

if they denied the visa according to lack of evidence that establish that you and your husband have a bona fide relationship then what is the background checks about ?

You should really contact your congressman or senator to do an inquiry on your behalf to USCIS and tells you exactly why the delay

I wish you get past this soon inshallah

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

I think it would definitely help you to contact your state senator or representative for help. The USCIS is just like every government agency and they don't like someone looking over their shoulder and the congressman's office should help move your case along, or at least, let you know what is going on with your case. Just remember when you contact the congressman's office and or visit the office have all of your documentation with you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello first of all im so sorry for what happening to both of you right now, i think its the last thing someone can want to try, my advice is to try to contact again your gongressman, see if can make it easier for you and to make it faster, i guess all you can do for now is to be patient and to wait, try to get buzy working get ya days buzy both of you during this waiting, everything will be ok, your case was sent back to states even if you were already approuved because the person who pass the interview did not believe that your relationship is true, so he returned it back to the States to reconsider the case like he's saying " this case should never be accepted from the beginning", it happen to all those who were denied. but they did not give up and they make it, everything has a beginning and an end, try to go visit your husband every time you can, it'll help you both, your husband should try to remember his interview and write all what happened and try both of you to see what was the red flag? and to fix it for his 2nd interview, you can see on this forum that you are not the only one that go trought that some did wait more than you, so what other have more than you? the light will eventually appear at the end of the tunnel, someday you will remember all this and then just smile just laugh. good luck i will pray with you guys

what's matters to you? what are you doing or what people think about what are you doing?

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

I'll just give the realistic evalouation in spite of all the ppl who will tell you otherwise/

They dont believe that you have a valid relationship. They are not authorized to revoke the petition, so they send it back to the service center and recommend that it be revoked.

Now they will jack you around...after six months they may revalidate it and send it back...and it will continue.

Your best bet is to find out why they didnt like your relationship and fix that aspect.

Maybe you shoud go there and live together for six months..what ever it takes. Maybe you are 20 years older than him...whatever it was ...fix it by spending more time together.

Right now you are looking at two years to get it fixed.....they will just wear you down..

I would probably witthdraw the petition..spend more time together and re-file.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

** Multiple Duplicate Topics Merged into this single one. All came from different forums and this one seemed a logical choice. It really isn't necessary to post the same question across multiple forums.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'd contact your congressman or senators...that's how we've gotten our case moving...and it shows u're serious. Best of luck.

Monica :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.