daresie

Case Numbers, CIS Receipt Numbers & IMBRA

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey there,

I called the NVC today, gave my CIS reciept no, and was given a case number for my K1, then was told that I should call the Dublin embassy with any questions.

I took this to mean that the embassy have my petition back, which they don't (I called). The case number the operator gave me is the same as the case number we had the first time round (Our petition was sent from the embassy back to USCIS because of the IMBRA RFE). From anyone's experience is the case number and/or CIS reciept no usually the same both times round.

If not, I fear she may have got the case mixed up with our previous case - which was sent to the embassy.

Sorry for such a complicated question for a simple answer!

Chris

09/14/06 - Moved to Boston on K1 Visa

10/27/06 - Married in Boston!

11/05/06 - Mailed AOD and EAD packages to Chicago

11/11/06 - NOA1

11/29/06 - I-485 sent to California SC for "faster processing"

12/07/06 - Email received: I-485 received and pending at California SC

01/25/07 - Another email saying my I-485 was transferred to CSC on 11/29/06.

02/08/07 - Biometrics taken

02/09/07 - Touch on EAD and AOS

02/14/07 - Email received: EAD Card production ordered

02/16/07 - Mailed application for Advance Parole to Chicago. Traveling 06/14. Could be close.

02/20/07 - EAD Card received! Time to start paying for my own drinks...

02/28/07 - Another touch on AOS.

02/28/07 - Another email saying my AOS case is pending at CSC. Hmmm.

04/06/07 - I-485 APPROVED! Welcome letter is in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Alright. If you've gotten a reapproval - I take it your case is a recalled one, correct? -, then call NVC again and ask them if they have your case back from the service center (you can use the same NVC case number you've gotten the first time - it'll remain the same). The operator will probably say that it's been sent some months ago to the embassy and you'll need to explain about IMBRA. If they have have the case there and if it was sent to the embassy, they'll tell you when. However, it seems that both the service centers and the NVC mail out petitions in batches. So it might take some times for your petition to get to NVC and from there to the embassy. So... you have to keep calling.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If your petition was recalled, your case number (the one NVC assigns you) remains the same. Your approved petition will be sent to NVC first then to the consulate.

Mew, you are always faster! :P

Edited by Lewis

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks for the advice, I'll give them another call.

Chris

09/14/06 - Moved to Boston on K1 Visa

10/27/06 - Married in Boston!

11/05/06 - Mailed AOD and EAD packages to Chicago

11/11/06 - NOA1

11/29/06 - I-485 sent to California SC for "faster processing"

12/07/06 - Email received: I-485 received and pending at California SC

01/25/07 - Another email saying my I-485 was transferred to CSC on 11/29/06.

02/08/07 - Biometrics taken

02/09/07 - Touch on EAD and AOS

02/14/07 - Email received: EAD Card production ordered

02/16/07 - Mailed application for Advance Parole to Chicago. Traveling 06/14. Could be close.

02/20/07 - EAD Card received! Time to start paying for my own drinks...

02/28/07 - Another touch on AOS.

02/28/07 - Another email saying my AOS case is pending at CSC. Hmmm.

04/06/07 - I-485 APPROVED! Welcome letter is in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.