thelastpetitioner

could someone read these two parts and see if they understand what i did?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

STEP 2 For Petitioner: Complete the original Form I-134, Affidavit of Support and its supplemental documents: W-2 and 1040 tax forms (for the last taxable year), bank and other financial statements and forward it to your relative. (If you are not qualified to sponsor your relative financially, you must find a co-sponsor who can present a Notarized Form I-134 and supplemental documents in addition to your Affidavit of Support. Also you must prepare a statement explaining why you did not pay any taxes to the U.S. Government during the last taxable year).

does this mean i have to send tax forms and w-2 and bank statement and I-134 all in before the interview?( this was taken from packet 3 on the consulate website. ) do i have to send in the originals of everything since its the consulate we are talking about?

You must send all documents and correspondence via UPS from Turkey or U.S. As UPS services are not available in Iran, applicants in Iran may send their documents to our office by any reliable courier service. Your appointment letter or documentation (if it is incomplete) will be returned to you by UPS in 20 working days if your documents are sent from Turkey. You will be responsible for the cost of the return correspondence sent within Turkey by UPS. If you send items from United States or Iran, we will send your documents back via regular mail, which takes several weeks.

does this mean i can actually send in my packet three with say DHL or fedex? and it will be fine,no problem?

TIA

Timeline

and another question,could we send a scanned version of I-134 since there is no postal service from america to iran for the fiance to send me the documentS?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i-134 has to be the original, no scanned or faxed copies, as far as I know.

about your other question - I know for Montreal, the i134 is on the checklist of things to say we have gathered, and I sign & send the checklist back as P3, but I dont actually send anything in ... I bring it to the interview. You might have better luck posting in the regional forum??? I'm not sure if it's consulate specific.

Good luck :)

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

Timeline

thanks,could a mod move this either to US embassy or regional forum?

Edited by ygr

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.