akinnikki

Co-Sponsor Form with no previous tax years :S

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi, here is a little overview of my husband and my case.

Married on February 26, 2010 Ankara, Turkey

Sent I-130 August 8, 2010

NAO1 received August 17, 2010

Case Approved on September 14,2010

Bill to pay for Visa received on November 3, 2010

I am currently a student enrolled full time in school and am not making enough money to support my husband to come over here on my own.I finish school on February 5, and then can get a job as a Registered Medical Assistant (about $27,00-30,000/year). Sadly, I live with my grandmother who is on SSI Disabilty, and there for can not be a CO- Sponsor. My mother is out of work due to a broken back and is on disability as well. My Co- Sponsor is my mother's finance, whom is from the Virgin Islands (British Side). He currently owns a Business in the US Virgin Islands, but was not required to file taxes. In 2009 he was inside the US but not working. So there for he has no 2007, 2008, OR 2009 taxes.

He is currently making enough money to be a co- sponsor, and has pay stubs to prove it.

Can he be a co-Sponsor still with no previous tax years? He can prove he is an LPR LEGALLY and can prove his income. My lawyer told me that the NVC doesn't care so much about previous tax years and looks at what he is making now, but then said he NEEDS his previous taxes which he does not have.

HE IS MY ONLY HOPE OF A CO-SPONSOR.

Please if anyone could help me. I just want my HUSBAND :crying:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

he needs at least one tax year prior to sponsoring you.they will ask you to bring in two years before that's just to see how stable the co sponsor's income is.

the co sponsor has got to be a USC.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Co-sponsor can be LPR too.

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

he needs at least one tax year prior to sponsoring you.they will ask you to bring in two years before that's just to see how stable the co sponsor's income is.

the co sponsor has got to be a USC.

Thanks! My step mother also tried but didn't qualify. She claimed my father and her two sons 12, 18 as dependents because she claims them all on her taxes. Does she have to claim the 18 year old son as a dependent just because she claims him on her taxes? Also, can she add in my fathers income and the income of the 18 year old son? My fathers taxes were filed with hers, as she claimed him.

Please if you could help.

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.