Danni and Hamza

AR help :)

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to see if I could get some advice here. Hamza and I have been in AR for 78 days now. I know this is not too long, comparativly. Im just wondering is there anyone other then our congressmen that we can get involved at this point to hurry things along. My congressmen has been really good about emailing them, and asking for a status, but she says there is not much more that she can do. Is there anyone else that can help us?

Thanks for any advice

Danni

4/16/10- I129F Sent by Danni

4/20/10- I129F Received at VSC

4/22/10- NOA1 sent from VSC

4/26/10- NOA1 received by Danni

6/28/10- NOA2 Received by text and email at 11:32pm

6/29/10- NVC Received K1 package

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

7/08/10- Algeria Embassy received Package sent from NVC

7/26/10- Received Packet 3 Via Email, after I called them to inquire about it.

8/15/10- Medical Exam 9 am

8/17/10 INTERVIEW!!! Resulted in Admin Review

10/04/10 Embassy Interviewed Hamza's Dad over the telephone

10/06/10 Embassy Interviewed me over the phone

11/30/10 Embassy Emailed Hamza, with approval Notice!!!!!

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

12/31/10 Hamza's Flight to the USA!

12/31/10...7:19 PM Hamza Arrived in the US! Best New Years Ever!

2/22/11 Married!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-d8faZtdOc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

God?.... well im in the same place as you,i got my interview the october,13 and i was approuved, and they keept my passport and said they wil call me during one to twoo weeks im still waiting them call. and you can never know what happen, whar they are doing in your case you can just sit down and then wait and pray god to help ya out.

what's matters to you? what are you doing or what people think about what are you doing?

Timeline

Thanks, we are using his help already... he has given us lots of hope, and patience :) Good luck to you! I hope you don't need to wait much longer!

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

2/22/11 Married!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to see if I could get some advice here. Hamza and I have been in AR for 78 days now. I know this is not too long, comparativly. Im just wondering is there anyone other then our congressmen that we can get involved at this point to hurry things along. My congressmen has been really good about emailing them, and asking for a status, but she says there is not much more that she can do. Is there anyone else that can help us?

Thanks for any advice

Danni

It's really just a waiting game and there's not much that can be done to speed things up. I think inquiring(after reasonable amounts of time) can be a good idea though. We waited 3 months for my husband's file to be transferred to Rome because of background checks. Just before the 90 day mark we had our senator make an inquiry and very shortly thereafter Rome confirmed receipt of his waivers. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or if the Senator really helped. Generally, people say that they can't do anything to speed up AP/AR.

event.png

Timeline

It's really just a waiting game and there's not much that can be done to speed things up. I think inquiring(after reasonable amounts of time) can be a good idea though. We waited 3 months for my husband's file to be transferred to Rome because of background checks. Just before the 90 day mark we had our senator make an inquiry and very shortly thereafter Rome confirmed receipt of his waivers. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or if the Senator really helped. Generally, people say that they can't do anything to speed up AP/AR.

Hey, thanks for the reply. So I guess there is no one else we can contact besides our congressman or senator? Well, I guess we will just keep our fingers crossed, and hope we hear from them sooner, rather then later. I just didnt wanna take any chance I was not doing something I could be doing, to speed things up.

Danni

2/22/11 Married!!!

Timeline

i will pray with you, and with us too lollll, after his interview they gave him back his passport or they keep it ?

what's matters to you? what are you doing or what people think about what are you doing?

Timeline

i will pray with you, and with us too lollll, after his interview they gave him back his passport or they keep it ?

Thanks, we will keep you in our thoughts, and prayers too :) They did not keep his passport, because he was not approved. They put him under administrative review, to further investigate our relationship. Since then they have done a telephonic interview with me, and a telephonic interview with Hamza's father. When I ended my interview, I asked how much longer it might be before we hear thier decision... and they said they are near the end of thier reviewing our case.

Danni

2/22/11 Married!!!

Timeline

well, maybe they are puting all your evidence in the tabel, e-mails , letters, pictures,and they are waiting that both your feeling waves come out, they have a glasses to see that like for watching the movies Avatar. its crazyy how they want to review a feeling.

Timeline

Hello everyone,

Thanks for any advice

Danni

you did good by contacting your congressman, very often they are so helpful. you can do nothing more than contacting your consulate from time to time and ask about your case, but for sure they `r going to call Hamza.

Best luck to you both.

Timeline

I suggest that you scan and email them any new evidence you can add. This may be a coincidence but.... I scanned in copies of phone records from the interview date to the current date and also sent them a copy of my Algerian Visa and my flight information for where I'm going to see him later this month. The next day they called him with the approval. We are now waiting on them to call him to pick up this passport. It's been over a week and a half just waiting for that! They certainly don't get in any hurry for ANYTHING!

Hang in there. You are in my prayers.

Timeline

you did good by contacting your congressman, very often they are so helpful. you can do nothing more than contacting your consulate from time to time and ask about your case, but for sure they `r going to call Hamza.

Best luck to you both.

Thanks for we are hoping the call him soon :) Maybe on Sunday :P

2/22/11 Married!!!

Timeline

I suggest that you scan and email them any new evidence you can add. This may be a coincidence but.... I scanned in copies of phone records from the interview date to the current date and also sent them a copy of my Algerian Visa and my flight information for where I'm going to see him later this month. The next day they called him with the approval. We are now waiting on them to call him to pick up this passport. It's been over a week and a half just waiting for that! They certainly don't get in any hurry for ANYTHING!

Hang in there. You are in my prayers.

We are working on things to send them. The most we could send would be a couple weeks of chat logs. The computer I was using previously to talk to Hamza is no longer functioning, so I don't have any conversations saved from his interview till the point the computer broke. (other then the past couple weeks). I could send a phone log of texts sent back and forth. We don't call each other, because using the computer and web cam is financially more logical for us. I'm not able to go to Algeria at this point, so I wont have any visa, or airline tickets purchased to show them. Maybe we can find other things to send. I have called them a few times to ask if there is anything we can show them, to help prove our relationship is real... and they always so NO, if we need something we will call and ask for it. So i don't know. We are trying to come up with some things to send anyway :P

Were you in AP, or AR ? Were they just doing background checks, or were they questioning the validity of your relationship ?

2/22/11 Married!!!

Timeline

DOS, actually gave me some sort of useful information today. At least it helps me to feel a lil more calm. They said they wanted to read my notes, and to hold. They were gone for a couple mins and then came back and said that it looks like all the interviews went well, and that now they are just doing some administrative processing. I said, so you mean all they are doing now, are the background checks. She said yes, looks like they are just doing this type of work on your case now.

So I feel relieved that the notes say that our interviews went well. Im feeling like I dont have to worry about us being denied, or that they do not belive in the validity of our relationship. I think now we just have to worry about how long we will be in background checks.

Danni

2/22/11 Married!!!

Timeline

We are working on things to send them. The most we could send would be a couple weeks of chat logs. The computer I was using previously to talk to Hamza is no longer functioning, so I don't have any conversations saved from his interview till the point the computer broke. (other then the past couple weeks). I could send a phone log of texts sent back and forth. We don't call each other, because using the computer and web cam is financially more logical for us. I'm not able to go to Algeria at this point, so I wont have any visa, or airline tickets purchased to show them. Maybe we can find other things to send. I have called them a few times to ask if there is anything we can show them, to help prove our relationship is real... and they always so NO, if we need something we will call and ask for it. So i don't know. We are trying to come up with some things to send anyway :P

Were you in AP, or AR ? Were they just doing background checks, or were they questioning the validity of your relationship ?

heyy guyss how are you ? first we are in AP and its better than get case returned to the states :bonk: , but dont worry it's just a security process for them ,maybe they have informations that some terrorits are trying to get to the states, or something like that, everyone knows that girls get them visa the next day or tree day after the interview, so for some reason they approve girls right away and give guys AR :angry: , so if its just for security process we are ok with that lolll we will let them do them work they have all the right to look for a safe america and i agree even i miss my fiance soooo alooooot, cuz i want to live with her in peaaaaceeeee, be strong.

Timeline

I don't think they ever seriously questioned the validity of our relationship. We've been together for almost 3 years now and have visited quite a few times, once for a solid month. So we had more to go on than a lot of people I see here. I see a lot of couples that met online then met in person once and started this process. I think they question those relationships more than one like mine that is long term already and they can see a lot has been invested in it time wise even before filing the petition. Doesn't mean your relationship isn't real... just means they have less to go on and so they take longer to decide.

Most people don't have the funds to pay for this process AND travel back and forth to visit. I'm lucky in that respect. We did spend a solid year apart though when I was jobless and he was jobless too! You are in my prayers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.