Up in the Sky

In GUZ what is ASH or ACH

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

For those people who have gone to the interview or for people who are getting ready. Help us newbies...

What is the "The Letter of Evolution?"

And what is the ASH or ACH ...something alone the line of America Citzen Happy Hour or something?

Please Explain these two events of activity that everyone who has gone for an interview suggested, especally the Evolution Letter.

04/06/11 Automatic recorder on the NVC machine stated that my package was received this date and have to wait 6-8 weeks for next responds

04/16/11 RFE issing my spouse passport biopage

04/18/11 Email back the missing paperwork for NVC

04/19/11 Email from NVC they recieved the RFE I sent.

04/20/11 Spoke with NVC they say have to wait 20days for change

05/16/11 Spoke with NVC they say "case is complete, and that their interview appointment is full for June- to call back in June 17 for a interview appointment time for July most likely."

05/16/11 SIF on the payment portal website

05/20/11 Interview letter arrived via email for June 15 interview date in Guz

06/13/11 Medical Test today

06/15/11 Doc intake

06/16/11 Interview day waited for my wife at the embassy

06/16/11 APPROVE

06/18/11 Visa in her hand at China post office

6/23/11 Land in US at San Francisco airport

7/11/11 Waiting for her SSN card, received her Green Card Already

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Evolution of Relationship (EOR) Letter:

This is an important component of the visa process for countries such as China when the burden of relationship is heavily examined by the VO. This is essentially your opportunity to explain the genesis and evolution (yes....pun intended) of your relationship, how you communicate, what you have spent time together, ect. The application form asks you to explain "how you met in person" and this is when many people include a long sappy explanation of their relationship, when in fact all that the USCIS wants is a simple two or three sentence statement. The EOR letter and your evidence of ongoing relationship "should" be prescreened by the VO and help form the basis of their subjective view regarding your relationship prior to the interview. I say "should" because with the electronic implementation of NVC to the consulates it seems that not everything in a file is being sent always. With that said, it is a good idea to include an updated EOR letter with all evidence that your fiance(e) takes into the interview.

I did not attend ACH/ASH, so I will defer to Darnell or others to comment here. Good luck! :thumbs:

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Timeline

The EOR Letter 'came about' because someone got blue slipped on the concept of 'is this a valid relationship? ' Then to rebut and submit 'evidence' for a 'blue-slip overcome', or the wonderful 221(G) response, then it grew into 'Write up this thing and sign it and prove it ! '

That was about 4 -5 years ago, and some ppl at CFL decided that including the EOR was a good idea, a good thing to do, but from initial I-130 submittal timetick forward, all the way up to the interview day itself (submit the updated version)

and then

it became a concept of having the EOR letter notarized at Guangzhou , prior to the interview, during ACS (American Citizen Services) and usually the ppl doing the notary work there are also the ones handling the Consular Interviews (Same place, really, just different time of day) so then it became a concept of -

HEY ! If you get there prior to the interview, is some chance to actually talk to the guy that's gonna do the interview on yer lass.

So, ya get the EOR letter Notarized (yes, you - the USCitize) at GUZ Consulate, then on interview day -

SHE hands it over to the VO folded LENGTHWISE inside of your USA Passport, early on in the interview.

Is it useful? Many, myself included, say it is.

Some 'fodder' for what's in the EOR, and my sample - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=260331&view=findpost&p=3995116

USUALLY - the EOR can cover other issues and red flags, as well (which was really the initial reason for a VO requesting one, ages past, as part of the blue-slip process at GUZ IV) - here's some red flags for you to review - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/234971-red-flag-list-for-visa-denial/page__hl__appointment (ya, these are for K-1, but many are similar with the CR-1/IR-1 )

If you feel you need to 'squeeze in' more relationship evidence after initial I-130 submittal, well, there's a way - have a look at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/267559-usa-is-now-arizona/page__view__findpost__p__4100571

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Other Stuff -

ACH = American Citizens Hour - done once a week, need appointment to get in. Usually ask about case status there, if any problem after the interview, or if you do indeed have red flags to discuss prior to the interview. ACH, supposedly, is going away after 15 NOV 2010, but I'll vette this after I read the bulletin again - for now, it's just a rumour.

American Citizens Services - held several times during the week - usually go in to get an Evolution of Relationship Letter Notarized, prior to the Interview Day.

I'll post some ACH/ACS links when I have time, but I doubt if I can get to it until the weekend.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.