SteveInge

Security checks

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

We have a question. We've reading some posts where people say their case is on hold at USCIS level because they are in security checks?

Question: How do you know that you are in security checks? Who gives you that information?

23 Mar 06 - NOA 1 from CSC (transfered from TSC)

23 Jun 06 - RFE sent by USCIS:

08 Jul 06 - RFE reply received by USCIS:

11 Jul 06 - Touched (to confirm receipt IMBRA RFE on the 8th)

13 Aug 06 - e-mailed USCIS

14 Aug 06 - Rec e-mail saying they do not respond to e-mails

14 Aug 06 - Rec Not 1,but 3, e-mails case status change, they responded to my e-mail, requesting more Info

16 Aug 06 - touched for the very first time, FEELS SOOOOOO GOOD!

18 Aug 06 - tried calling USCIS,

8 Sept 06 - called USCIS-CSC Info line said they could not find any info on our recpt. #

12 Sept 06 - Contact with USCIS NSC - transfered to a imigration officer. said our case was being processed but unable to give me any info past that.

23 Sept 06 - Flew to Belgium to be with Inge, Get married and File DCF

24 Sept 06 - Received e-mail notification K-1 approved, What they waited forme to leava the US to approve???????????

24 Sept 06 Interview Date with police to be married in Belgium

27 Sept 06 Medical appointment for K-1 and DCF , We now have 2 options

31 Oct 06 Authorization from Brugge to Marry

10 Nov 06 MARRIED IN BELGIUM

13 Nov 06 Filed DCF for CR1 Immigrant Visa

20 Nov 06 Received CR1 Immigrant Visa

WE ARE GOING HOME ON DECEMBER 3rd, TOGETHER !!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You ask your congressmen to check on your behalf on the status of your petition after 30 days of processing have passed... I guess that's the only way to find out.

For more info on USCIS/security checks: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffair...hecks_42506.pdf

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Steve all K-1's go through security checks, some just take longer if you get a name hit etc, if you case seems to be dragging it could be a name hit. For myself after 4 and a half months I was told at Vermont I was in Security checks for "sometime" I dont know if that was just something to say due to the IMBRA backlog and they got sick of me calling and used "security check" to get me from calling or if i was really held up...

Good Luck~Kelle

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2faws.gif

K-1 Sent to Vermont St Patrick's Day~ May the Luck of the Irish Be With Us Today!! 3/17/06

NOA1 03-25-06

Touch 06-16-06=RFE Email

Touch 06-17-06

RFE Arrived 06-21-06

RFE Sent back to Vermont 06-21-06

RFE Delivered 06/23/06 10:55am

RFE-Touch 06/24/06

Touch 06/27/06

Approved 08/21/06 {157 days)

Touch 08/22/06

NVC Letter 08-25-06 Hard Copy

Left NVC 08-25-06

Arrived at London 09-01-06

Packet 3 Arrived at Steves Door 09-05-06

Packet 3 Sent back to London 09-15-06

London Medical 09-29-06- Completed

Packet 4 11-20-06

Londen Interview 12-08-06 APPROVED

Visa in Hand 12-12-06

Enters the USA 12-13-06

WEDDING DAY 2/18/07 @ 3pm

You ask your congressmen to check on your behalf on the status of your petition after 30 days of processing have passed... I guess that's the only way to find out.

For more info on USCIS/security checks: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffair...hecks_42506.pdf

Huh? What legislator has been useful thus far? Maybe Dwar, but coincidence in my mind. Mew is my buddy though!!! :thumbs:

Call USCIS and ask for a supervisor. Take your time, as the usual knucklehead that answers will resist this effort. If you are cordial, yet persistent, you can get answers. I have done it.

At first, I was abrupt and demanding, resulting in "click".

Later on, I actually talked to someone with answers. Give it a go.

now when I call USCIS-CSC, After it asks for my REcpt #, It comes back and says due to temporary probs with the sytem, they can not access my acount info

and no one else seems to be getting that message but me/Us

14 Aug 06 - Rec Not 1,but 3, e-mails case status change, they responded to my e-mail, requesting more Info

8 Sept 06 - called USCIS-CSC Info line said they could not find any info on our recpt. #

12 Sept 06 - Contact with USCIS NSC - transfered to a imigration officer. said our case was being processed but unable to give me any info past that.

24 Sept 06 - Received e-mail notification K-1 approved, What they waited forme to leava the US to approve???????????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
now when I call USCIS-CSC, After it asks for my REcpt #, It comes back and says due to temporary probs with the sytem, they can not access my acount info

Steve, it's highly unlikely - if not impossible at all - that you'll get any info over the phone different from the one you get to check online. Also, CSC is not responding to e-mail inquiries. So... if the processing takes long, I guess the only way to get to know something would be by asking for your congressmen/senators help...

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Steve, it's highly unlikely - if not impossible at all - that you'll get any info over the phone different from the one you get to check online. Also, CSC is not responding to e-mail inquiries. So... if the processing takes long, I guess the only way to get to know something would be by asking for your congressmen/senators help...

i'm almost ready to get on the TRAIN with Wolf and go see my sweet heart till this is all done! I so wished i could!

Hi everyone,

We have a question. We've reading some posts where people say their case is on hold at USCIS level because they are in security checks?

Question: How do you know that you are in security checks? Who gives you that information?

If a petition is way past processing dates there is a more then pretty good chance it is due to the background/security checks.........that one has had a name hit or there is a security issue. To confirm such, one can request that their congressperson make an enquiry on their behalf.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.