Chilenitaaa

Confused about where to send I-129F package

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I apologize for the basic questions that I am about to post, but I have finished gathering my I-129F package and

I ran into a few logistic questions.

I saw in the flowchart that you are to send the I-129F package to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox. I currently live in Boston, so I was

under the impression that I had to file in the Vermont center. I haven't been on this site for a couple of months now, so I'm not

sure if this has become a new option, or whether this is purely optional. If so, is this tied to the G-1145 form? If I was to

file to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox, should I address all my documents to them? Otherwise, should I just be sending it straight to Vermont?

Sorry for the confusion!

Also, just to double-check, the payment should be made to US Department of Homeland Security, instead of the USCIS, right?

Thank you so much!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

well as far as the lockbox goes,they started it recently,you send your petition to dallas,and they send it to CSC or VSC depending the amount of work they have.

and yes i THINK you got the payment part down correctly.

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

well as far as the lockbox goes,they started it recently,you send your petition to dallas,and they send it to CSC or VSC depending the amount of work they have.

and yes i THINK you got the payment part down correctly.

Thank you!

So, should I re-address all of my documents to the USCIS Dallas lockbox address? I currently

have everything addressed to Vermont.

Timeline

yes,logically,since you dont know which service center will get it.still double check,i could be wrong ( even tho im 90% sure im not ) and i would hate to screw up your petition.

good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
i could be wrong ( even tho im 90% sure im not )
(Then don't comment, please; not many of us fire our guns into the air and always hit a duck that happens to be flying overhead right about then.) OP, your success in this process will depend on your ability to read accurately, interpret literally, and answer honestly. Read the instructions carefully and do exactly what they say. Avoid reading anything into the instructions that isn't there. Good luck in your impending petition process!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Keep everything addressed to Vermont. Texas is simply going to process your payment and forward your petition. They are not going to review anything, so addressing letters to them won't serve a purpose as they won't see them.

And yes, your payment is to go to the US Department of Homeland Security.

Timeline

OP: Read the instructions accurately, interpret them literally, and follow them to the letter. Some people may not be reading your questions accurately, or giving reliable advice. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.

Edited by TBoneTX

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

the only accurate instruction is the one on USCIS website.

Form I-129F Filing Locations for K-1 Fiancé(e) or for K-3 Spouse:

If you live in the United States or if you are living abroad:

File Form I-129F at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility.

For U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS P.O. Box 660151 Dallas, TX 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS Attn: I-129F 2501 South State Highway 121 Business Suite 400 Lewisville, TX 75067

so there you go,i was right.The latest and official I-129F instruction,the address is mentioned in the fifth page

also TboneTX,members are allowed to express their opinion,the final decision making however is up to OP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

SEND EVERYTHING TO TEXAS!!! i did that and then our petition was forwarded to CSC. and UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY for your payment. i have literally sent off the forms 3 weeks ago and this is accurate information!!

October 8th- Sent off K-1 visa package

October 21st- Received email saying we have been assigned to CSC

October 28th- Waiting on NOA1

October 29th- NOA1 received!!!

March 16th 2011- Received email saying petition for fiance has been approved and that NOA2 is in the mail!

April 12th 2011- Waiting on lettter with interview date from Dublin Embassy. Medical scheduled for 26th April

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I apologize for the basic questions that I am about to post, but I have finished gathering my I-129F package and

I saw in the flowchart that you are to send the I-129F package to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox. I currently live in Boston, so I was

under the impression that I had to file in the Vermont center. I haven't been on this site for a couple of months now, so I'm not

sure if this has become a new option, or whether this is purely optional. If so, is this tied to the G-1145 form? If I was to

file to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox, should I address all my documents to them? Otherwise, should I just be sending it straight to Vermont?

Sorry for the confusion!

Also, just to double-check, the payment should be made to US Department of Homeland Security, instead of the USCIS, right?

Thank you so much!

The payment is correct and you don't need to change any of the addresses on letters/papers. I had Vermont's info on my letter of intent etc even though it was sent to Dallas. Dallas just cashes the check and enters in the info on your G-1145 form (if attached).

I am pretty sure based on what I have seen here that they still send the petition to the service center (VSC or CSC) in your 'area of influence' (depending where you live) as I have seen petitions sent to California in recent months (august, september, october) even though it is way behind compared to Vermont. Mine was forwarded to Vermont and I live in Maryland and before change in sending locations, I would have sent the packet straight to Vermont.

In short, payment info. is correct, you send to Dallas Lockbox (they will forward it to correct service center) and you don't need to change addresses on the forms/documents.

Edited by Blob18

Timeline
also TboneTX,members are allowed to express their opinion,the final decision making however is up to OP.
Sorry, but when factual information exists, offering opinion or conjecture is irresponsible and relying on it is dangerous. The proper thing to do is to provide the exact official instructions by link or by copy/paste, which you've done. Edited by TBoneTX

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the confusion!

Thank you so much!

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.