kittylove

Introduction and Questions

22 posts in this topic

Hello All!!

So happy to have found this forum. Only a week and a half ago I returned from meeting my now fiancee in person. Needless to say everything went great and we are starting the process to bring her here. She is a Filipino Citizen but has been living and working in Dubai, UAE for the past 5 years. She is not a UAE citizen and carries a Philippines Passport. I am wondering if anyone has had this sort of situation before. Does it cause an issue? Will she be able to have her interview with the US Consulate in Dubai? I am listing Dubai Consulate on the I-129 so I am hoping she can do it all there. I certainly hope that she would not have to go all the way to Philippines for this. I am planning on having the I-129 in the mail by the end of the week with all supporting documents. I am really nervous to say the least as she is the Love of my Life. Any advice or tips anyone can provide on this would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance to all that reply.

Matt

"LoVe MoVeS iN mYsTeRiOuS wAyS.."

- ms-

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Welcome to VJ! :star:

I remembered having read about a similar case and I searched through the threads. I think you'll find useful info here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...68&hl=dubai

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

i believe she will be able to have her interview in Dubai. i've seen many posts in various forums where a Filipina OFW is able to have her interview in the country where she is working.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Welcome to VJ Matt :luv:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2faws.gif

K-1 Sent to Vermont St Patrick's Day~ May the Luck of the Irish Be With Us Today!! 3/17/06

NOA1 03-25-06

Touch 06-16-06=RFE Email

Touch 06-17-06

RFE Arrived 06-21-06

RFE Sent back to Vermont 06-21-06

RFE Delivered 06/23/06 10:55am

RFE-Touch 06/24/06

Touch 06/27/06

Approved 08/21/06 {157 days)

Touch 08/22/06

NVC Letter 08-25-06 Hard Copy

Left NVC 08-25-06

Arrived at London 09-01-06

Packet 3 Arrived at Steves Door 09-05-06

Packet 3 Sent back to London 09-15-06

London Medical 09-29-06- Completed

Packet 4 11-20-06

Londen Interview 12-08-06 APPROVED

Visa in Hand 12-12-06

Enters the USA 12-13-06

WEDDING DAY 2/18/07 @ 3pm

Timeline
Welcome to VJ :)

We do have a couple in the ME/NA forum who have processed through UAE/Dubai.

Yes, ready4ONE.

Timeline (incompleta)

Welcome to VJ. Good luck in your journey! :D

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

You guys are the best!! Thank you so much for the great info and such fast responses!! That is certainly good news and I know she will be so happy to hear it. After all Philippines is where we met so she just got back from there so to go again would be quite a burden. Ok now I hope all of you do not mind but I have some other things I would like some info on......

Did most of you send in the letter from your bank showing deposits and balances with the Initial I-129 or will my Fiancee only need this for the Consulate? In the instructions it does not state you need banking information so I am thinking the Affadavit of Support and financial information will only be needed once the initial petition is approved. Is this correct? While on the topic of finances I am wondering how much weight it holds. I have a job of course and am certainly way above the US Poverty Line and probably even above the US Average but that is only because I live in the SF Bay Area which has some of the highest costs of living in the Nation. For this area it would probably be considered below average but certainly not poverty(approx 45K annually). The affadavit of support asks for value of property, stocks, and bonds. None of which I have. I rent like many others in this area. I also have a daughter that I support(not through the courts but just between her mother and myself). Does anyone think this will cause a problem?

Another question that I am wondering is in Dubai they do not receive mail to their street addresses. It is all done by PO Box. This leads me to believe I should list the PO Box on the I-129 as her address as this is where they would send her all correspondence but I cannot help but think they will want a physical address where she is living. Anyone have any advice on this one?

I will list what I plan on sending with the initial petition so if I am missing something please let me know.

1. Form I-129

2. Form G325A for both myself and my Fiancee

3. Copy of my passport with the stamped pages for the visas

4. Photos of the 2 of us together on our trip(thinking at least 8 or so)

5. Letters of Intent to Marry from both myself and my Fiancee(very mushy....in fact she cried when I read mine to her over the phone)

6. Birth Certficate, photocopy of Drivers Lic and Soc Sec card

7. Phone Bills(which should show that I could support her on what I would save in phone bills alone)

8. Emails both before meeting and after meeting

9. Form 1040 and W-2 from 2005

10. Do I need a letter from my employer for the initial petition?

11. Tickets and boarding passes from my trip

12. Passport type photos of both my Fiancee and myself

13. Detailed Description of our meeting each other(nearly 2 pages attached to the I-129 for question 19)

I think that is everything that I have or will have before I send this off. Please let me know what you think.

Once again I truly want to thank all of you. I am totally crazy in love with her and I do not want any problems. I am going to attempt it on my own but will get an attorney if it becomes needed. I really appreciate everyone here and I hope I can help someone else someday as you have all helped me.

- ms-

Timeline
Did most of you send in the letter from your bank showing deposits and balances with the Initial I-129 or will my Fiancee only need this for the Consulate? In the instructions it does not state you need banking information so I am thinking the Affadavit of Support and financial information will only be needed once the initial petition is approved. Is this correct?

Correct. You'll only need to send the affidavit of support with the supporting documents for the interview, after you get USCIS approval.

While on the topic of finances I am wondering how much weight it holds. I have a job of course and am certainly way above the US Poverty Line and probably even above the US Average but that is only because I live in the SF Bay Area which has some of the highest costs of living in the Nation. For this area it would probably be considered below average but certainly not poverty(approx 45K annually). The affadavit of support asks for value of property, stocks, and bonds. None of which I have. I rent like many others in this area. I also have a daughter that I support(not through the courts but just between her mother and myself). Does anyone think this will cause a problem?

I believe that you have to be 100% above the poverty guidelines: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/for...20guidelines%22

Another question that I am wondering is in Dubai they do not receive mail to their street addresses. It is all done by PO Box. This leads me to believe I should list the PO Box on the I-129 as her address as this is where they would send her all correspondence but I cannot help but think they will want a physical address where she is living. Anyone have any advice on this one?

I guess you could put her current address in the form and add an attachment stating with the mailing address.

I will list what I plan on sending with the initial petition so if I am missing something please let me know.

1. Form I-129

2. Form G325A for both myself and my Fiancee

3. Copy of my passport with the stamped pages for the visas

4. Photos of the 2 of us together on our trip(thinking at least 8 or so)

5. Letters of Intent to Marry from both myself and my Fiancee(very mushy....in fact she cried when I read mine to her over the phone)

6. Birth Certficate, photocopy of Drivers Lic and Soc Sec card

7. Phone Bills(which should show that I could support her on what I would save in phone bills alone)

8. Emails both before meeting and after meeting

9. Form 1040 and W-2 from 2005

10. Do I need a letter from my employer for the initial petition?

11. Tickets and boarding passes from my trip

12. Passport type photos of both my Fiancee and myself

13. Detailed Description of our meeting each other(nearly 2 pages attached to the I-129 for question 19)

At this point, you migh focus on sending evidence of having met (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1guide - items 1, 2 and 3). Be sure to write the dates when the pictures were taken on their backs. You don't need to send copies of your driver's license or SS card, nor a letter from your employer/tax returns are needed (those are supporting documents for I-134).

I guess the answer to Q18 (how you've met) shouldn't be so long. On Q18, read this thread - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...18+tip+evidence -, especially this post: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=383267

Don't forget to send them a check or money order!

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Did most of you send in the letter from your bank showing deposits and balances with the Initial I-129 or will my Fiancee only need this for the Consulate? In the instructions it does not state you need banking information so I am thinking the Affadavit of Support and financial information will only be needed once the initial petition is approved. Is this correct? While on the topic of finances I am wondering how much weight it holds. I have a job of course and am certainly way above the US Poverty Line and probably even above the US Average but that is only because I live in the SF Bay Area which has some of the highest costs of living in the Nation. For this area it would probably be considered below average but certainly not poverty(approx 45K annually). The affadavit of support asks for value of property, stocks, and bonds. None of which I have. I rent like many others in this area. I also have a daughter that I support(not through the courts but just between her mother and myself). Does anyone think this will cause a problem?

It is 125% of the Poverty number, you are about twice over it for a family of 3. So no sweat.

Needed at the interview.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
It is 125% of the Poverty number, you are about twice over it for a family of 3. So no sweat.

Hmmm... I thought only Brazil was weird like that.

To the OP: you might want to check about that. For most countries, 100% is required for I-134, but some embassies/consulates do require 125%.

Timeline (incompleta)

Again thank you all so very much for all of your great information. A few of my big fears were laid to rest tonight thanks to all of you. I will undoubtedely have more questions as this process moves on. Sadly it seems California is the slow one in approving and that is where I live. Once again I truly do appreciate all of you for taking the time to help me. :)

- ms-

Timeline
Again thank you all so very much for all of your great information. A few of my big fears were laid to rest tonight thanks to all of you. I will undoubtedely have more questions as this process moves on. Sadly it seems California is the slow one in approving and that is where I live. Once again I truly do appreciate all of you for taking the time to help me. :)

Good luck, Matt! :) Hopefully we'll be able to help you much more!

Timeline (incompleta)

Hey Matt! Good luck with the process! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

We have very much the same/similar situation. My fiance is also filipina living in UAE. They will process either through Dubai (fairly sure) or Abu Dhabi. Either way, in UAE.

She may need family back in PI to obtain her NBI (criminal background check) and possibly other documents such as birth certificate. But she won't need to go back in order to get here. :thumbs:

I am still a newbie so won't give a lot of advice, but make sure you send in all 4 pages of the G-325A. You might squeak by with one (which is all they use) like William33 and others, and I, having made that particular boo boo hope to. But... Do it right, send in all four pages! :D

Again, good luck! Triple check everything, mail it in after making at least 2 copies (I did that and scanned everything as well) and do so via UPS or USPS certified mail. :yes:

Edited by ready4ONE

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Thank you!! It is funny you mention the police clearance because she actually got that while we were there so that is taken care of. Do you know if she needs to get one from UAE as well? What stage are you in now? Did you go through California? So happy to find someone with my exact circumstance!!

Well if I had looked a little closer you state where you are and what stage you are in(although I dont know all of these abbreviations yet).

- ms-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.