StVF101

Visa application

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I'm going to be visiting the Philippines in December and will be applying for the 59-day visa prior to departing, and I will be applying for it by mail. I was just wondering if I needed to put a special ATTN: on the packet for the Embassy in Washington DC. Their website didn't list anything, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks.

Hello,

I'm going to be visiting the Philippines in December and will be applying for the 59-day visa prior to departing, and I will be applying for it by mail. I was just wondering if I needed to put a special ATTN: on the packet for the Embassy in Washington DC. Their website didn't list anything, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks.

not sure but, you may have to get that in country...

I did.

• 3 weeks later...

not sure but, you may have to get that in country...

I did.

Just an update, I sent it to the Embassy's address and put ATTN: Visa Processing. My application got where it needed to just fine and I got my passport back yesterday with an approved 59-day visa.

Now just to wait until the day my flight leaves.

Just an update, I sent it to the Embassy's address and put ATTN: Visa Processing. My application got where it needed to just fine and I got my passport back yesterday with an approved 59-day visa.

Now just to wait until the day my flight leaves.

Thanks for the update. You got your visa fairly quickly.

Have a great trip! :star:

Thanks for the update. You got your visa fairly quickly.

Have a great trip! :star:

You're welcome. I mailed the packet off Express on 1 NOV and it arrived and was signed for on 2 NOV, I called them last Wednesday to check on it and the lady said that they had already received it and would be mailing my passport later that week.

I can't wait to see her again!

You're welcome. I mailed the packet off Express on 1 NOV and it arrived and was signed for on 2 NOV, I called them last Wednesday to check on it and the lady said that they had already received it and would be mailing my passport later that week.

I can't wait to see her again!

I have to ask...girlfriend?...fiancée?...wife? Whichever it is, you will have up to 59 days to enjoy. :star:

I have to ask...girlfriend?...fiancée?...wife? Whichever it is, you will have up to 59 days to enjoy. :star:

Girlfriend, and planning to get married after she graduates from university. I'll be there for 31 days, which covers my birthday, Christmas, her birthday and New Years.

Girlfriend, and planning to get married after she graduates from university. I'll be there for 31 days, which covers my birthday, Christmas, her birthday and New Years.

:wow: ...31 days...both of your birthdays...;and Christmas and New Years to boot! A visit doesn't get much better than that. Good times! :thumbs:

What degree is she earning?

She's going to be a Nurse.

That's a good degree to have...she will be very employable here in the states. :thumbs:

Chinook is an RN too. She got her nursing degree in the Philippines and now she's working as an RN here in Seattle. She likes it a lot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.