Affidavit of support Form I-134

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Thanks to all that repplied to my last post

You been very helpfull :)

We recently send the I-291f on the mail this week, but we are thinking ahead

looking into the papers needed for my fiancee interview at the embassy

In regards of Form I-134, last year tax return shows annual salary of $14,200, would that be good enough (familly of two me and my girldfriend) or should I get a sponsor?

My other concer is about the financial papers you need to show as proof of income. I have no problem providing income tax return, w2 copy, letter from employeer( were I've worked for almost 10 years) and bank letter. But I get paid in cash, so I dont have any pay stubs to show, would that be a problem?

event.png

[10-27-10] I-129F sent to Dallas, Texas.

[11-06-10] NOA1 hard copy received (snail mail), dated 11-02-10.

[11-08-10] First Touch.

[11-10-10] Second Touch.

[??-??-10] Touch.

[??-??-10] NOA2

[??-??-10] NVC received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

it has to be 14,570 for armed forces and 18,212 for civils

you need a sponsor or assets.keep in mind if your sponsor is at the moment providing for three people,their income has to be over the required income for the household of three,as your fiance will be added to theirs.

as far as pay stubs go,i have no idea,sorry.my fiance gets his paychecks deposited to his bank account,so a detailed bank statement will do in our case.i hope someone gives you the advice you need.

good luck

Timeline

thanks for you reponce any way

I found the info I needed and will post it for other in case you have the same question

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#8

The 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return, and other requirements only apply when Form I-864 is needed. Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor's income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline.

Look at the atachment

FOR A household size of 2

100% $14,570

125% 18,212

financial guide i-864p1.pdf

event.png

[11-08-10] First Touch.

[11-10-10] Second Touch.

[??-??-10] Touch.

[??-??-10] NOA2

[??-??-10] NVC received

Timeline

I would like to know if anyone got a denial due to meeting only the minimum requirement of 100% poverty guideline?

I will rather not to use an sponsor untill whe really need it on the i-864a, unless we really need one

event.png

[11-08-10] First Touch.

[11-10-10] Second Touch.

[??-??-10] Touch.

[??-??-10] NOA2

[??-??-10] NVC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You should seek embassy specific feedback here on VJ regarding the 100% v. 125%. Most do look for the 125% for K1 as soon after entering the US the I-864 will be required. The interviewing CO's do make the ultimate decision so the link you posted may not apply in your case. It's best to double check and avoid surprises.

What type of earning statement do you get with your cash wages? Something that shows you the deductions for FICA, Federal and (if applicable) State witholding?

If you do not receive anything then showing bank statements reflecting deposits may help you establish current earnings.

If your current annualized income is 14,200 then you will fall short of the 100% mark. Being almost there will not be good enough.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

And even if the embassy accepts the 100% level when she arrives and you file for AOS you must show at least 125% the poverty level for the I-864 so unless you see a sudden upturn in your income or assets in the next 6-9 months you will require a co-sponsor before she can apply for her green card.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.