BoodieAlia

Appreciate any insights and help!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello Visa Journey members!

I been reading the forums for awhile now but never got around to post something myself. I learned a lot and got a lot of advice from everyone by reading, I am very proud that there are knowledgeable and caring people out there =).

Well about my problem, ill keep it short. I am an American citizen. me and my girlfriend decided we want to live together and start our lives. (its been a hell of a run to be together and it is kind of a knight/distress princess story that really sucks to live in =( ). anyhow, She is Cypriot and Egyptian nationality. We are planning to file for the Fiance Visa for her, in Egypt, seeing its her place of residence. ok but i do have a few questions and if i can get HARD FACT answers i would greatly appreciate it!

1-well first, Do I mention that she has two nationalities? Would it boast our chances to get accepted for the visa? Cyprus does not allow dual nationalities, so The Egyptian nationality is not know for the Cyprus. I dont want to cause conflict for her in the future.

2-We both are 21 years old. I dont have a steady income yet. I will get a job in California around March (Friends company, so the job is set for me). I know i need to show that i can support her and such. Now thats the problem. I am just finishing up college and i do not work. BUT I do get a trust fund soon and the amount is well over 40 thousand dollars. Can I use that as my support? She as well will have prove that she has over 60 thousand dollars to bring with her to support herself. Getting a co-sponsor might work for us BUT it might be a headache and it will get in between what ill ask as my next question.

3- We are planning to file in the coming week or two. But we are planning to leave Egypt ( I am right now in Egypt for a visit), around The end of Feburary and head to Cyprus or Greece and stay there for a bit. now is that a problem? Can we do the interview overseas over there? Lets say Cyprus due to the fact she is a citizen to Cyprus? the petition would have about 3 month in by the time we leave.

looking through the guidelines, the ONLy issue we have is the affidavit of support, which I explained above. But we do have enough to sustain there for awhile AND we are not even sure we would stay in America. We were planning on actually maybe living in Egypt if I get this job i applied for. I can even write and sign an OATH that we would not request any government help if that would help us.

Reading this myself, i can tell its best to wait it out and hold on till i see if i get the job first in California, or wait till i get a co-sponsor and such, but like i mentioned, time is REALLLy not on our side.

Thanks ALL!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

1-well first, Do I mention that she has two nationalities?

Always be truthful.

Would it boast our chances to get accepted for the visa?

No

Cyprus does not allow dual nationalities, so The Egyptian nationality is not know for the Cyprus. I dont want to cause conflict for her in the future.

We're talking immigration into the US. The US doesn't care what other countries think about US immigration laws.

2-We both are 21 years old. I dont have a steady income yet. I will get a job in California around March (Friends company, so the job is set for me). I know i need to show that i can support her and such. Now thats the problem.

Yes it is.

I am just finishing up college and i do not work. BUT I do get a trust fund soon and the amount is well over 40 thousand dollars. Can I use that as my support?

Yes, but they want to see income, from someone.

She as well will have prove that she has over 60 thousand dollars to bring with her to support herself.

No, cosponsor can only be a USC. She can give you the money and put it into your account but again, they want to see income.

Getting a co-sponsor might work for us BUT it might be a headache and it will get in between what ill ask as my next question.

You will need this or you two wait until you find steady income. Sorry but them's the rules.

3- We are planning to file in the coming week or two. But we are planning to leave Egypt ( I am right now in Egypt for a visit), around The end of Feburary and head to Cyprus or Greece and stay there for a bit. now is that a problem?

No, travel wherever you can now because you will soon need to save your money. Maybe start now?

Can we do the interview overseas over there?

The interview will be at the Embassy in the country of her current permanent residence and citizenship.

Lets say Cyprus due to the fact she is a citizen to Cyprus? the petition would have about 3 month in by the time we leave.

looking through the guidelines, the ONLy issue we have is the affidavit of support, which I explained above. But we do have enough to sustain there for awhile AND we are not even sure we would stay in America. We were planning on actually maybe living in Egypt if I get this job i applied for. I can even write and sign an OATH that we would not request any government help if that would help us.

You can write whatever you want....the rules are the rules, as stated above. You will need a cosponsor.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Since you are not planning to live in the USA, why not just get married & file for her as your wife...by the time you come into the USA you will already have your trust fund, and a good job and all will be well!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

you have to see how many people he is supporting,in other words,how large is his household,because your fiance will be added to his household,meaning if he is supporting a household of two at the moment,he will have to have enough income to support a household of 3 after sponsoring your fiance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Do I need to show income during the interview OR is it when we adjust the status when we get to America?

Both. Baron's post above is correct. You WILL get to take your oath after you prove you have enough income. It is called the I-864. And it says YOU will pay back the government if she ever receives welfare benefits within a specified period of time.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.