Sand

About Bio.

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi, i got a fast question.

When you go to have ur Biometrics done, do u know if they will take a photograph of u or just a fingerprint?? and if Yes, do u know if that photograph will go to ur naturalization certificate??

Thanks alot.

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Timeline

Ops, Sorry guys, I accidentally post it tiwce

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

Game Over.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

When you go to have ur Biometrics done, do u know if they will take a photograph of u or just a fingerprint?? and if Yes, do u know if that photograph will go to ur naturalization certificate??

Thanks alot.

When they do your fingerprints they also take a photograph. This goes to the FBI and has nothing directly to do with your naturalization. It's a background check.

You need to deliver the photos for your naturalization certificate yourself with the N400 file and sign them on the back.

Naturalization Journey

7/16/2010 N400 sent to Texas Lockbox

7/20/2010 Delivery Notification N400 Package

7/28/2010 Check Cashed

7/29/2010 NOA received per mail / Notice date = 7/26/2010

8/09/2010 NOA received per mail / FP / Notice date = 8/05/2010

9/03/2010 Fingerprints

9/27/2010 Yellow letter received per mail / Notice date = 9/23/2010

10/21/2010 Case touched and file send to local office

10/29/2010 NOA2 interview received per mail / FP / Notice date = 10/22/2010

11/23/2010 Citizenship Interview - APPROVED

11/23/2010 Oath Ceremony in Newark, NJ - U.S. CITIZEN

11/24/2010 Received my passport

11/24/2010 Took care of my SSC and Driver's License

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks alot.

All you need is your biometrics letter, your green card to get in, and your right hand, just fingerprints, for us, it was the third time driving 450 miles round trip. You were suppose to send in twp passport type photos meeting all the requirements specified in the manual. Still pay the 80 bucks even without the photo.

Really can't do any dirty work with your hand, they want a nice clean hand with no cuts, burns or bruises. USCIS did say if you had your fingerprints taken in the last 15 months, may have not to have them taken again. But not with us, was eleven months, but you still have to pay the 80 bucks because it cost them that much to look them up.

While you are there, hit them for the civics test study materials, both the book and the CD.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks alot.

in some places it looks like they do take the photo, but not for the cerificate. for the certificate you should have sent 2 passport photos with the N400.

mine were only the fingerprints.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I went and had Biometrics done Wednesday. On your NOA, it actually states for the fingerprint tech what is required. There's a little box that says Code. Mine was code 3, which is fingerprints, photo and signature capture. Code 1 is just fingerprints, code 2 fingerprints and photo.

The lady asked me if I wanted to see my pic, and asked if the one taken was ok, or did I want her to take it again?...I said it was fine. She said she always asks, because that's the pic that goes on the Naturalization certificate,..even if you have sent in pics....

Edited by jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I went and had Biometrics done Wednesday. On your NOA, it actually states for the fingerprint tech what is required. There's a little box that says Code. Mine was code 3, which is fingerprints, photo and signature capture. Code 1 is just fingerprints, code 2 fingerprints and photo.

The lady asked me if I wanted to see my pic, and asked if the one taken was ok, or did I want her to take it again?...I said it was fine. She said she always asks, because that's the pic that goes on the Naturalization certificate,..even if you have sent in pics....

How long was that woman working there? Or did the USCIS just change the procedure?

Timeline

How long was that woman working there? Or did the USCIS just change the procedure?

She has been there a fair while apparently. I was asking her about if she liked the work, and she said "why you ask"...I mentioned that it seemed a bit mundane of that was the only job she did all day. She said she loved it, and over the years, she has enjoyed the conversations she has gotten to have with the various people. I asked about problem fingerprints, and she said the only problem fingerprints she has seem to be with people that work with a lot of chemicals, or doctors, nurses etc...basically anyone that has to wash their hands upteen times a day...she said the constant water exposure especially to the hands, wears away fingerprints over the years, and thats when she has to resort to manual fingerprinting.

I even asked how long it take for the FBI to get the fingerprints, and she said about 30 seconds or so...by the time I had put my sunglasses back on my head, and picked up my wallet,..she had said,..all good, fingerprints sent and cleared!

Thats why I ultimately called the Military hotline this morning, just to double check what she said was correct as fingerprinting is a 2.5 hour one way trip for us. The dude on the line said, yep fringerprints cleared by FBI, and file alreay sent to my interviewing office.

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks alot.

In my case it was only the fingeprints that they took...no pictures or anything else..this was in Tucson, Arizona. :yes:

Timeline

She has been there a fair while apparently. I was asking her about if she liked the work, and she said "why you ask"...I mentioned that it seemed a bit mundane of that was the only job she did all day. She said she loved it, and over the years, she has enjoyed the conversations she has gotten to have with the various people. I asked about problem fingerprints, and she said the only problem fingerprints she has seem to be with people that work with a lot of chemicals, or doctors, nurses etc...basically anyone that has to wash their hands upteen times a day...she said the constant water exposure especially to the hands, wears away fingerprints over the years, and thats when she has to resort to manual fingerprinting.

I even asked how long it take for the FBI to get the fingerprints, and she said about 30 seconds or so...by the time I had put my sunglasses back on my head, and picked up my wallet,..she had said,..all good, fingerprints sent and cleared!

Thats why I ultimately called the Military hotline this morning, just to double check what she said was correct as fingerprinting is a 2.5 hour one way trip for us. The dude on the line said, yep fringerprints cleared by FBI, and file alreay sent to my interviewing office.

Hi and Thanks alot for ur help and all of u guys. and that was good 1 about the coding things i looked at my Bio, letter and i found code 3 on the right corner, Now what i dont understand is.. did she tell u that ur fingerprint was cleared?? why does she work with the FBI or how she knew it was cleard?

by the way, its a good idea to Contect the FBI to check if my PF was cleared or i should leave it without to bother them?? if i can .. what's their number and what should to ask them??

Thanks alot

Edited by Sand

Game Over.

Timeline

Hi and Thanks alot for ur help and all of u guys. and that was good 1 about the coding things i looked at my Bio, letter and i found code 3 on the right corner, Now what i dont understand is.. did she tell u that ur fingerprint was cleared?? why does she work with the FBI or how she knew it was cleard?

by the way, its a good idea to Contect the FBI to check if my PF was cleared or i should leave it without to bother them?? if i can .. what's their number and what should to ask them??

Thanks alot

No she works for the USCIS, and the machine that takes the prints is connected to the FBI database directly,....she presses send,..and it comes back with a green check mark or something like that confilrs accepted and cleared. I think thats what she said, and i was walking away,..I was out of site of the machine, when she said they had been accepted and cleared...

As for the FBI number,..I don't know it,..but i did see it listed on either the july, or august filers threads,..someone posted it....

And like I said today, I called up the USCIS, and they told me too, that prints had been received and cleared by FBI, and my file had been sent....but that was the Military hotline,...you would have to ask to be put through to an IO on the normal uscis number....

— Mahatma Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I must have accidentally sent 4 photos with my N400. At the interview she asked me to choose which one I wanted on my naturalization certificate. I chose the colourful one. So the photo they do at BIO time is just for the FBI

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They just changed this. See the news item on the front visajourney.com page. Starting in a few days, if they haven't already, they're going to start using biometrics photos for Naturalization Certificates instead of the passport photos.

They're still gonna make us send passport photos for some reason. Backups, I think, according to their FAQs.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

They just changed this. See the news item on the front visajourney.com page. Starting in a few days, if they haven't already, they're going to start using biometrics photos for Naturalization Certificates instead of the passport photos.

They're still gonna make us send passport photos for some reason. Backups, I think, according to their FAQs.

Thanks for that heatDeath, that explains why exactly I had fingerprints, photo, and signature done if they are going to embed them into the new style certificate.

I have provided link from front page...new style naturalization certificate with security features

Edited by jodee

— Mahatma Gandhi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.