speriamo

I-751 evidence question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello everyone,

My temporary GC expires in January and I'm gathering all the documentation I can find to file for removal of conditions. Unfortunately, I'm missing some important things (I'm in graduate school and have no health insurance at this time, my husband is on medicaid so he can't add me to his, no driver license (don't need one in NYC!) or vehicle/house ownership). Plus, most of the documents we do have don't go back two years... so needlessly to say, I'm freaking out a little. :unsure:

This is all I have:

1. Apartment Lease with both names (for the past 2 years)

2. Join bank account (15 months)

3. Utility Bill with both names (7 months)

4. Cable Bill with both names (7 months)

5. Evidence of a trip together to Las Vegas (January 2010)

6. Pictures together for the past 4 years (and with friends and family members)

7. Health Care Proxy form, indicating my husband as the person who can make decisions for my health if I can't (I had to get one for a surgery I had in August)

8. Tax return filed as married (but "filing separately" because my husband is on SSI and didn't have to file for taxes)

Can the above be enough to satisfy USCIS?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Edited by speriamo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Do you have a state ID showing the same address as your husband? Mail addressed to the both of you? Joint credit cards? Joint memberships?

Off topic (a bit): Did a tax preparer / accountant recommend filing separately? If not, you cound refile amended returns as joint returns to have as evidence.

You've got a good bit. But we all feel better with more.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My temporary GC expires in January and I'm gathering all the documentation I can find to file for removal of conditions. Unfortunately, I'm missing some important things (I'm in graduate school and have no health insurance at this time, my husband is on medicaid so he can't add me to his, no driver license (don't need one in NYC!) or vehicle/house ownership). Plus, most of the documents we do have don't go back two years... so needlessly to say, I'm freaking out a little. :unsure:

This is all I have:

1. Apartment Lease with both names (for the past 2 years)

2. Join bank account (15 months)

3. Utility Bill with both names (7 months)

4. Cable Bill with both names (7 months)

5. Evidence of a trip together to Las Vegas (January 2010)

6. Pictures together for the past 4 years (and with friends and family members)

7. Health Care Proxy form, indicating my husband as the person who can make decisions for my health if I can't (I had to get one for a surgery I had in August)

8. Tax return filed as married (but "filing separately" because my husband is on SSI and didn't have to file for taxes)

Can the above be enough to satisfy USCIS?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

I think it looks sufficient :)

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Filed: Timeline

it doesn't matter what u submit my frien!!!i did submit 8 pounds of proof and papers and they are still looking my case no matter that i got invited for a second interview and we went there!!!let me tell u that im waiting a full year and 7 months for my secon gc to be approved or my i-751 case to be approved!!!it is usa u never know!!!they do whatever they want!!!!one year and seven months!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Looks sufficient to me. You covered all 3 cornerstones.

In regard to "one nation" . . . submitting 8 pounds of evidence is a sure-fire way to get an RFE or the visit of a mental health care professional, accompanied by two guys carrying a white jacket.

My entire I-751 "package" consisted of 16 (or so) pages, including everything: cover letter, form, photocopies, photos.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

yea bob but your journey was 18 years buddy!!!the white jacket is for the people from uscis not for people like me and the other outther!!!they ask to submit almost everything so by me following the rules and their wishes i submit that much papers with strong evidence!!!and when u submit that much it does not taking 18 years funny journey like yours!!where u immigrate mars!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is a violation of the Terms of Service for Visa Journey to make personal attacks or insults against another VJ member. Two such posts have been removed and any further posts like them will also be removed, as well as resulting in a thread ban for the posting member.

Moderator's hat off . . ..

Just Bob indicated that one of the red flags that does get a second look is submitting an extreme amount of evidence. That being said, the quality of the evidence is ultimately what is important. I too submitted a huge amount of evidence for my ROC mainly as a type of protest :lol: . USCIS took 23 months to approve my green card and approved it 3 weeks prior to our 2nd wedding anniversary, thus necessitating us to go through the ROC 2 years later. So, when it came time to remove conditions we had been married for nearly 4 years - and I sent them evidence for each of those 4 years. I sent four bank account statements from each account and 4 credit card statements from each account (quarterly) for all four years. I sent health statements and bills for each year; car loan payments (also quarterly) for all 4 years; car registration for each year; car maintenance and repair bills in my name for each year; veterinary records for all 5(originally 6) of our cats plus their micro chip registration in both our our names; copies of IRAs and CDs with each other listed as beneficiary or listed as joint owners - for all four years - well, you get the idea. If it had been one year it would not have been that much of a pile; 2 years it would have been very good evidence - but they made me wait four years and so I figured if they had to make me wait four years then they needed to read my evidence covering all four years as well. My ROC was approved without a problem.

So, the evidence you have is good. Think creatively about how you can add to it.

Are you listed as his next of kin on his medicaid information? Is he listed as your emergency contact with your school registration? Do you have a family cell phone plan? Do you take any magazine subscriptions at the same address? Do either of you have any pensions or retirement income where the other is listed as a beneficiary or spouse? You could write your wills and include copies of those in the package. Do you have pets that have a record with a veterinarian showing you as joint owners? Do you have a family membership in places like Costco, Netflix or any such thing? Do you have any correspondence addressed to the two of you from friends or family (include the envelopes as well as the letters) (eg I included copies of letters from my husband's adult daughter and her children addressed to both of us - 1 from each year :lol: ). Affidavits from friends, family and even neighbours in your rental complex are also good.

Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

hi kathryn!!!

i agree with u about the terms of this forum but saw who was the first one that pull the trigger !!!

out there is so much people that have no idea how stressfull is this immigration thing and they just throw there sick opinions an assault people the way just bob did!!!but than you for explaining the people little bit more about all this so they can have better understanding about this!!!i hope that in the next weeks i will have a result on mu i751 so we can live one more problem less!!!i sent them a letter yesterday actually to the adjudication officer at boston field office!!!so we will see whats gonna happen!!!wish me a good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.