rachel-qc

visa denied?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

to those who had their visa denied

do they tell you right there at the interview?

or do you find out later?

I was told mine was approved...but havent received it yet

its been over a week

i had my interview in montreal, and i live in montreal

im quite worried because i have already booked my flight to the us for this sunday :(

Im starting to think something has gone wrong

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I would think that if you were either denied or needed to send in more documents that they would have told you at the interview. If the interviewer said 'you're visa is approved', then it should be approved...

What was your shipment method? DHL? Xpresspost? Do you have a tracking number? Did you check online to see what it says?

I know that they have a new thing going with DHL, but when I got my visa, it was with Xpress post, and it took around 10 days to get your visa back...

Have you tried calling DOS to see what they have to say?

It might not be a bad idea to get your congress person involved to get things moving... Your visa could be sitting on someone's desk, or something like that...

Good luck, and try to be proactive with this so you don't go completely insane... Call DOS today, and if the answer is not satisfying, get the congress person involved right away...

Good luck!

Oh, and you might want to consider moving your flight to a later date just in case...

Edited by Vero and Chris

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Well, I would think that if you were either denied or needed to send in more documents that they would have told you at the interview. If the interviewer said 'you're visa is approved', then it should be approved...

What was your shipment method? DHL? Xpresspost? Do you have a tracking number? Did you check online to see what it says?

I know that they have a new thing going with DHL, but when I got my visa, it was with Xpress post, and it took around 10 days to get your visa back...

It might not be a bad idea to get your congress person involved to get things moving... Your visa could be sitting on someone's desk, or something like that...

Good luck, and try to be proactive with this so you don't go completely insane... Call DOS today, and if the answer is not satisfying, get the congress person involved right away...

Good luck!

Oh, and you might want to consider moving your flight to a later date just in case...

:thumbs::thumbs:

IR-5 for Parents

02-28-14 -> I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.
03-03-14 -> USCIS received. (Priority Date)
03-09-14 -> NOA1 received.
06-04-14 -> NOA2 received. Approved.
06-18-14 -> NVC Received case.
07-03-14 -> NVC Assigned Case#(Got Case# & IIN Over the Phone).
07-22-14 -> DS-261 Completed.
07-25-14 -> AOS fee Payment.
07-29-14 -> AOS fee shows PAID.
07-30-14 -> AOS Package Sent.
07-31-14 -> AOS Package delivered.
09-15-14 -> IV fee Payment.

09-17-14 -> IV fee Shows PAID.

09-18-14 -> IV Package Sent.
09-20-14 -> IV Package Delivered.

10-20-14 -> Case Complete.

10-28-14 -> Case Complete Email Received.

Hello,

My method is DHL. They did not give me a tracking number and when I enter my reference ID (from the canada.usvisa-info.com site into the dhl.ca site, it says: no record found for this reference number.

Im not sure what number to call, in found this one on that same site: 514.400.2591

and have called a few times. they did not give me any additional info that i did not know. they said as long as its not processed, they cant help me...

do you have another number?

im not sure how late to move my flight...i want to leave asap :(

about the congress person, im not even sure where to start with that

im just so worried!

thanks for the reply

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

it sounds like you are in AP which will take however long it takes. It can be a week or almost a year with the average being about 60 days.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello, you don't have to worry until you're certain of the approval or denial, for Egypt here they would tell you the same day of the interview that they approved you and they will send you the passport with all the other stuff that you're gonna carry with you in the port of entry to the US ?

Have they told you that ?

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you were told at the interview that your visa is approved then Congratulations it's approved no doubt with that but the fact that you're not receiving it yet is another issue of DHL i guess

Good Luck

Edited by Samoray

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Hello,

to those who had their visa denied

do they tell you right there at the interview?

or do you find out later?

I was told mine was approved...but havent received it yet

its been over a week

i had my interview in montreal, and i live in montreal

im quite worried because i have already booked my flight to the us for this sunday

Im starting to think something has gone wrong

Montreal is slow, and booking your flight before you have the visa is generally a bad idea with them. Also never heard of Montreal outright denying anyone, especially when told they were approved. Be patient and check your tracking number if you kept it, though that's not 100% reliable either. If you are really concerned give DoS a call.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

they never told me about other stuff to bring in

but they said to wait for my visa at dhl

Hello, you don't have to worry until you're certain of the approval or denial, for Egypt here they would tell you the same day of the interview that they approved you and they will send you the passport with all the other stuff that you're gonna carry with you in the port of entry to the US ?

Have they told you that ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

what is ap?

You can go into AP after being 'approved' at the interview. Someone on the Canadian forum has had this happen recently, they received their visa about a month after their interview.

You should call Department of State at 202-663-1225, they can tell you what the latest is regarding your visa - if you're in AP, if it has been printed, sent, etc.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You can go into AP after being 'approved' at the interview. Someone on the Canadian forum has had this happen recently, they received their visa about a month after their interview.

You should call Department of State at 202-663-1225, they can tell you what the latest is regarding your visa - if you're in AP, if it has been printed, sent, etc.

Agreed! Give DOS a call, a few times if you dont get a straight answer.

The problem may not be with DHL or it could be as I have said previously maybe the montreal/ottawa locations work differently. You may be in AP, if you are then they will print your visa on their time, but try not to worry too much, if you heard the words approved then you are approved...just taking them a while to get it to you.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

To get the congress person involved, you'll have to have your US fiance to call. Usually there will be someone in the office that deals with immigration issues. You fiance might have to mail/fax them a release of info agreement of some sort I think... I know LeslienScott had a similar issue after their interview, as well as Valerie78. You could try contacting them, maybe they'll be of more helps since they've gone through that...

In regards to your flight, unless you have cancellation insurance just reschedule it for maybe another month or so.

But like mentionned above, your first step should be to call DOS...

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

i just called that number

he said its still pending

but everything looks okay

he said you should expect a call to pick it up within the next couple of weeks

how come it takes so long???

and how come some people got it in 4 days?

this means its approved for sure?

im worried....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.