thelastpetitioner

Affidavit of Support Question

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

ok im not understand that part of the process.

here is the issue.my fiance did not have the required income to file for taxes in 07,in 08 and 09 however,he was well above the 100% poverty guidelines ( he is in armed forces,so it wont be 125% for us ).

how can we deal with that?i do realize that they will require only 09s tax returns and detail,but it just seems like too many people are getting 221 g because of the entire 3 years income.

would we need a sponsor?would it be a problem?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

here is the issue.my fiance did not have the required income to file for taxes in 07,in 08 and 09 however,he was well above the 100% poverty guidelines ( he is in armed forces,so it wont be 125% for us ).

how can we deal with that?i do realize that they will require only 09s tax returns and detail,but it just seems like too many people are getting 221 g because of the entire 3 years income.

Can you tell me if you have just applied for 129F K1 visa why you mention tax return as we only just did that for I-485 just asking is all and what is a 221g? please excuse my ignorance

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I-134's are decided by the consulate... questions such as this are best posted in the consulate forum

moving thread

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

Can you tell me if you have just applied for 129F K1 visa why you mention tax return as we only just did that for I-485 just asking is all and what is a 221g? please excuse my ignorance

first you send off I-129F package,the first,then it gets approved,goes to nvc,then after NVC to the embassy,some embassies send packet 3,a packet with some information you need to give them before the interview,and then packet 4,a checklist of what you need to bring for the interview.

in packet 3,there is a forum ( I-134 ) that requires information about your petitioners finances,to make sure that he or she can support you and the government wont be responsible.

221G is a refusal meaning there is an essential piece of information is missing.it usually comes with a time frame for the missing information to be submitted.

Edited by ygr

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

first you send off I-129F package,the first,then it gets approved,goes to nvc,then after NVC to the embassy,some embassies send packet 3,a packet with some information you need to give them before the interview,and then packet 4,a checklist of what you need to bring for the interview.

in packet 3,there is a forum ( I-134 ) that requires information about your petitioners finances,to make sure that he or she can support you and the government wont be responsible.

221G is a refusal meaning there is an essential piece of information is missing.it usually comes with a time frame for the missing information to be submitted.

Oh thanks YGR I knew all about the 129f been there done that lol but my now husband did not need to send any tax forms with 134. It was just written on form what he earned and how much in bank and we had to get a letter from his employer stating his earnings as well.

Edited by barbarajlw

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

Oh thanks YGR I knew all about the 129f been there done that lol but my now husband did not need to send any tax forms with 134. It was just written on form what he earned and how much in bank and we had to get a letter from his employer stating his earnings as well.

anytime

those you mentioned are also needed.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Most recent is the embassy only caring about the most recent tax year. paycheck stubs within the last 6 months, letter from employer should work. 221g aka RFE shouldn't be an issue if he is showing stable income and meets at the 100% poverty line in your case. It can also be based on the interviewer/conslt. goodluck to you guys

9/20/09 We got married <3

uscis.jpg

11/15/09 USCIS received I-130

11/20/09 NoA1 received

11/25/09 USCIS received I-129f

12/1/09 NoA1 received

2/11/10 I-130&I-129f Approved!

2/15/10 Received NoA2 for both

2/17/10 NVC Case number issued

nvc2.png

2/18/10 Emailed DS3032

2/19/10 Received AOS bill

2/24/10 AoS bill paid online $70.00

2/24/10 IV bill paid online $400.00

2/25/2010 AoS fee bill shows Paid

3/1/2010 IV bill shows Paid

8/13/2010 Sent DS-230

8/17/2010 Sent AOS

8/18/2010 NVC received DS-230

8/19/2010 NVC received AOS

9/14/2010 Received RFE Checklist

9/20/2010 Sent RFE checklist and supporting documents

9/28/2010 NVC received FEDEX

10/19/2010 Sign In Failed

11/06/2010 Received appointment date!

EMBSSY.png

11/15/2010(1)11/19(2) & 11/24(3) Medical-Passed

12/6/2010 Interview Date-PASSED!

12/10/2010 Visa Recv'd - 2go

12/14/2010 POE in LA

12/01/2012 File for Adjustment of Status

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I am a bit confused now because of this thread... 100%? I thought you needed to be at 125%... can someone please clear this up for me? If it is only 100%, I can do this on my own. If it is 125%, I will need a co-sponser.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am a bit confused now because of this thread... 100%? I thought you needed to be at 125%... can someone please clear this up for me? If it is only 100%, I can do this on my own. If it is 125%, I will need a co-sponser.

Members of the US armed forces on active duty only need to meet 100% of the poverty guidelines. Everyone else needs 125%.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

It's been a couple of years but I think I only had him take my last year's tax return along with some pay stubs and a letter from my employer. For you this would be a few months of LES's and maybe a letter from the 1st Sgt or re-enlistment Sgt. stating your rank, time in service, and expiration of your contract. Wouldn't hurt to have the prior years tax return also.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.