7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi I need your advise

I'm starting the k1 process to petition my girfriend

I met my fiancee during a trip she made to the us early this year

She was in the US on a tourist visa already for one month when we met

She wanted to take a class and was advice to go to costa rica to obtain the student visa, before going to apply for the student visa, she stayed in the US and spend time with me since she had 4 more months left on the I-94 permit

1 week before the time expired she went back ti costa rica and apply. She got rejected and they cancelled her tourist visa

Our concern will be if this will affect our application in some way since she will still have to go to the costarican US embassy for an interview

please need your advise

event.png

[10-27-10] I-129F sent to Dallas, Texas.

[11-06-10] NOA1 hard copy received (snail mail), dated 11-02-10.

[11-08-10] First Touch.

[11-10-10] Second Touch.

[??-??-10] Touch.

[??-??-10] NOA2

[??-??-10] NVC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They canceled her tourist visa because she has demonstrated she has intentions other than just visiting the US. Don't worry about it. She's followed the rules so far. It shouldn't have any negative effect on her chances of getting a K1 visa, though they may ask about it at the interview.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Thanks for your responce JimVaPhuong

I was reading over other members posts and someone comment they heard that you can't apply 4 any tipe of visa before a year

prior to being denied twice 4 a visa

What I fail to mention is that my fiancee went back for a second interview a week after being denied the student visa,since she felt the embassy representative that review her case the first time did not look at any of the evidence of her parents support she had for the student visa application

Does anyone know if this is real?, we are planing on sending out the I-129F this week

event.png

[11-08-10] First Touch.

[11-10-10] Second Touch.

[??-??-10] Touch.

[??-??-10] NOA2

[??-??-10] NVC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

First of all, never 'fail to mention' anything. That wouldn't be the best thing in this situation.

I don't think that you have to wait a year before you apply, some members may suggest that because you'll have time to re-establish ties to your country in that time.

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thanks for your responce JimVaPhuong

I was reading over other members posts and someone comment they heard that you can't apply 4 any tipe of visa before a year

prior to being denied twice 4 a visa

What I fail to mention is that my fiancee went back for a second interview a week after being denied the student visa,since she felt the embassy representative that review her case the first time did not look at any of the evidence of her parents support she had for the student visa application

Does anyone know if this is real?, we are planing on sending out the I-129F this week

No, she didn't do anything wrong. She was denied but that is that. It will have not affect at all with the K-1. Somewhere in the K-1 you will have to state that she did have a visa to the US but again, all was legal and there is nothing to worry about.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi I need your advise

I'm starting the k1 process to petition my girfriend

I met my fiancee during a trip she made to the us early this year

She was in the US on a tourist visa already for one month when we met

She wanted to take a class and was advice to go to costa rica to obtain the student visa, before going to apply for the student visa, she stayed in the US and spend time with me since she had 4 more months left on the I-94 permit

1 week before the time expired she went back ti costa rica and apply. She got rejected and they cancelled her tourist visa

Our concern will be if this will affect our application in some way since she will still have to go to the costarican US embassy for an interview

please need your advise

I was denied a B2 visa last year and it did not affect my K1 visa. AM here married and AOS in progress. I told the truth as it always helps and they told me to apply for K1 visa which I did.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

Thanks to all you guys for your replies, very helpfull

event.png

[11-08-10] First Touch.

[11-10-10] Second Touch.

[??-??-10] Touch.

[??-??-10] NOA2

[??-??-10] NVC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.