rikhan

Didnt receive package from NVC..

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

i have applied K3 visa in sept, 2009 for my spouse and daughter who are currently living in Pakistan. i received a letter from NVC to pay the AOS fee of $70 for the affidavit of support. My wife received a package(wish to choose an agent) Pakistan. AOS payment was made in March 2010. There were no letters received from NVC after that. One of the lawyers near my place told me that they usually wait for 6 months..so i waited..6 months passed and still nothing from NVC. I called NVC yesterday and they told me that they sent a package to my wife in April which she never received. They also said that they are waiting for the affidavit of support and $404 visa application fee. Now my questions are:

1. Do i have to pay $404 for each beneficiary? I dont have the invoice identification number to pay online. how do i obtain that? i asked the agent to email me everything which he said would do, but i haven't received anything yet.

2. Should i mail them affidavit of support along with DS-230 in the same package for my daughter and wife?

3. I wasted alot of time by not calling NVC earlier and visiting your useful site. what should i do to expedite the process in terms of documents?

Thats all i could think of for now.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hi all,

i have applied K3 visa in sept, 2009 for my spouse and daughter who are currently living in Pakistan. i received a letter from NVC to pay the AOS fee of $70 for the affidavit of support. My wife received a package(wish to choose an agent) Pakistan. AOS payment was made in March 2010. There were no letters received from NVC after that. One of the lawyers near my place told me that they usually wait for 6 months..so i waited..6 months passed and still nothing from NVC. I called NVC yesterday and they told me that they sent a package to my wife in April which she never received. They also said that they are waiting for the affidavit of support and $404 visa application fee. Now my questions are:

1. Do i have to pay $404 for each beneficiary? I dont have the invoice identification number to pay online. how do i obtain that? i asked the agent to email me everything which he said would do, but i haven't received anything yet.

2. Should i mail them affidavit of support along with DS-230 in the same package for my daughter and wife?

3. I wasted alot of time by not calling NVC earlier and visiting your useful site. what should i do to expedite the process in terms of documents?

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes application fee for each beneficiary.

Check the letter from the AOS fee see if it has case number, then you can create online account with NVC to follow case status and pay fees online.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

You can login with the invoice number for the AOS and then pay the visa fee. You are in a CR1 or IR1 process if you are paying these fees, not K3 process.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

ok. thanks...i am already making the payments online.

But i am still seeking an answer on whether i should send AOS and DS-230 together. Also When my wife received DS-3032, she used her Pakistan's address to receive future mails but it seems like she is not getting any. is it possible to choose an agent at this point for future mails? Whats the fastest way of doing it? i was reading on another forum about emailing NVC regarding this matter.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

But i am still seeking an answer on whether i should send AOS and DS-230 together. Also When my wife received DS-3032, she used her Pakistan's address to receive future mails but it seems like she is not getting any. is it possible to choose an agent at this point for future mails? Whats the fastest way of doing it? i was reading on another forum about emailing NVC regarding this matter.

I would send them separately using the appropriate cover sheets. You can send as soon as you have the cover sheet downloaded.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Oh Man. sounds like red tape / paperwork nightmare.

First, did you file 2 petitions, 2 I-130's - one for spouse, one for child?

IF NOT - then you prolly need to file a new I-130 for the child, soonish.

I've an expedite process outlined here on VJ - let me know if you can't find it (use the advanced search too, with 'expedite' as search term, then user name 'Darnell', then 'show as posts' .

If you are paying BOTH petition fees at NVC - then yer golden. No need to file new I-130 petition for child.

as for 'foreign spouse receiving postal mail and forms via postal mail' - sorry buddy, that isn't done so much, this decade.

Get yer spouse and child some forms via web download (then email to her)

see

DS-230 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

I-864 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

General NVC stuff - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

re: AOS and DS-230 together -

SURE !

Many people do that, usually they wait until the IV fee bill has been marked as 'paid' on the online payment portal,

then

send in the AOS and IV packets together, into NVC. It's done often, it's 'allowed' and IMO, is actually faster than any 'two mailers'.

Good Luck !!!

oh - sorry, is no K-3 visa for you..

*** not a K-3 visa topic, K-3 visa filers NEVER, EVER play at NVC for FEES --> moving to IR-1/CR-1 forum ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.