tweety

Bring "other"?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

USCIS wants me to bring "Other" to the oath ceremony... what could that be? :bonk::rofl:

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Maybe they mean send someone else instead ;)

Probably, any supporting documentation if you have traveled, cited, or any of the other questions they ask about in the application that could affect your eligibility to naturalize...

that would be my guess.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

When I was single I had 'others' - but I am not allowed 'others' now I am married

Luckily, you only have to meet the conduct test of being at the standard of an 'Average American' but it is somewhat above that of an 'Average politician', many of whom have 'others' of all flavours

Fortunately they only asked you to bring one 'other'. I would take Barny Frank and see what they said to that.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

They didn't check that "Other" box on my wife's application, could only wonder what that means.

Did check that "Reentry permit or refugee travel document box" that got me wondering if it would have been easier to bring my wife here as a refugee instead of marriage.

Also checked that "Any immigration documents you may have box", and by the time you are ready to say your oath, already accumulated a half a truck load. So to be on the safe side, we rented a truck to bring all that stuff along.

But all they wanted was her green card and that oath letter.

Just came to the conclusion that they want you to remain confused to the last moment.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

there were no check boxes on my letter.

it is a list of things to bring.

It says:

" You must bring the following with you:

1. This letter completed in its entirety.....

2. Your permanent Resident card.

3. All Reentry Permits or ....

4. Any other Immigration documents ...

5. If this citizenship application was filed on behalf of a child, bring the child to the ceremony.

6. Other. "

Lol. Just thought it was funny.

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Timeline

It says:

5. If this citizenship application was filed on behalf of a child, bring the child to the ceremony.

6. Other. "

They stole my appointment letter ! They took it off me at the door and I never saw it again...

I took a huge case of documents and copies that it took ages to put together. All she wanted was driver's license/GC/passport. I even had my wife's birth cert and passport - I volunteered her passport.

She looked at the huge case of documents and said "Are you planning to move in here". I laughed and said that if I failed my English exam, my wife had told me not to come home. They could hear us in the next office and they were laughing too.

I reckon the only time they will ask for something is if we turn up without it. Sods law operates at all times.

I just spend 2 hours filing it all back in my documents safe and I reckon the next time it will see the light of day will be at probate time after I die.

I was going to try for a Private pilot's license but I have decided I can't be bothered with documents and exams EVER again. I have UK and US motorbike and car licenses and UK and US social security numbers and soon I will have UK and US passports. I have 2 pensions and in a few short years it will be three. I have 5 computers, a boat, 3 pistols, 4 rifles, two cats, and one wife and no girlfriends. I am going to stick at that and aim for a more stress free life.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It says:

6. Other. "

So I gather you don't have to bring anything to your oath ceremony. Could keep your oath letter and green card in your pocket and question your IO about that. Every box was checked on my wifes' oath letter except "other", glad they didn't check that one, was confused enough by checking that refugee and all other immigration documents.

Did receive permission from both my wife and stepdaughter to open all of their mail regarding anything to do with immigration, proof read it, and scanned and printed copies of all of it, then tried to explain to them what it was all about. Then filed all that stuff in a somewhat organized fashion. Bit amazed that all these really important documents came in first class mail, completely untraceable.

Timeline

So I gather you don't have to bring anything to your oath ceremony. Could keep your oath letter and green card in your pocket and question your IO about that. Every box was checked on my wifes' oath letter except "other", glad they didn't check that one, was confused enough by checking that refugee and all other immigration documents.

Did receive permission from both my wife and stepdaughter to open all of their mail regarding anything to do with immigration, proof read it, and scanned and printed copies of all of it, then tried to explain to them what it was all about. Then filed all that stuff in a somewhat organized fashion. Bit amazed that all these really important documents came in first class mail, completely untraceable.

I think that mailing the original naturalization certificate is an awful security risk. If the authorized passport officer at the post office acceptance facility was to stamp and certify a color copy then that would be more secure. The DOS could check all the details and make sure nobody else had used that certificate for a passport and look up the photo on the USCIS database. Having it kicking around in the mail is far more risky for the country and for me.

Course that's just ALIEN talk. I will get on message once the chip is implanted at the ceremony.

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.