Chris M

Interview tomorrow October 21!!!!!

25 posts in this topic

I know she will do fine

Not to be an @$$hole :whistle: but you know your post is the whole reason this happened, right? With Russians, you can't say stuff like what you typed because something bad will happen all because of you saying something good. You must "keep silence until after zis happen."

Hope it's nothing too serious. As others have said, probably just a scheduling issue or something to make-up later. Good luck, and keep us posted. We're here to help if the answers bring more questions.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The other thing they do that I did not notice anyone mention is x-rays. Most likely she got a 221-G for the medical and once that is resolved they will issue the visa. Having gone through a 221-G I know how worrisome it can be but relax. It will most likely be fine.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Hope it's nothing too serious. As others have said, probably just a scheduling issue or something to make-up later. Good luck, and keep us posted. We're here to help if the answers bring more questions.

If we can't help, at least we'll help you laugh about it. :rofl:

Filed: Timeline

Yup, it will all be good. I'm sure she would have called if it was more serious. Her text said not to worry, so I'm not going to worry, as much as I would like to. I think what happened was her medical exam was later in the day, the day before her 0800 interview. She probably didn't have the results ready for the interview the next morning. I'll find out more when she gets back home, but for now I am confident all is OK. :)

That sounds pretty likely. Probably one of those, "we'll send the visa after we get the results."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

That sounds pretty likely. Probably one of those, "we'll send the visa after we get the results."

Ok, Monday has come and gone... what happened? We are all hanging here :)

Well I finally heard from Tanya. She came home last night, and immediately went to work. From time to time her internet will get shut off if she has not paid in advance, so while she was gone the internet was shut off. So we are finally back online. Yay!!!!

So the real story is she said she needed to present her vaccination records from when she was a child. What the hell is this about? I didn't think she needed any of this now, and she does not have this available. I haven't seen my vaccination records for 25 years!!!! why would she need these? What can we do? Tanya is working on this from her end, but she is scared and dpressed because we are at this dead end. Anyone with any ideas would be helpful. I have no idea.

Until this is completed we are dead in water. we both do not know how to proceed. any help please.

So i am talking to Tanya now and she said the people in the medical exam office told her she could not go to the interview because she did not have her vaccination records as a child and teen. Anyone ever heard of this? So to make a long depressing story even worse she did not go to the interview. I cannot believe this!!!! So she is trying to see what she can do to get these vaccination records she does not have. She called her father, with whom she lived with for a time, to see if he has them, but it does not look good. why would this even happen? I thought the medical exam was a formality where she just gets her results and goes to the interview.

so I am in the process of writing an email to the Moscow embassy to ask them about rescheduling the interview. I still do not know why she didn't go, but if someone told me I could not go to an interview because I didn't have the right paperwork I would probably do the same and not go. I know the next interview date could be two more months away, and at this point is fine, but will they look down on this because she did not show for the interview?

I need some desperate help here. what do we do now? We have no idea where we go from here. Please help

why would she need these? What can we do?

She can check with her school. If they don't have them, the local health clinic should be able to produce "a copy" for a nominal fee.

to make a long depressing story even worse she did not go to the interview.

RED FLAG.

Have her "make" documents for her shot records and get her interview rescheduled. If you encounter resistance along the way, don't ignore it. Assess it for what it is and deal with it appropriately. Either she makes documents, goes to the interview and gets it handled or she "tries really hard" and doesn't get anywhere. Don't ignore what that means.

Good luck. I hope this gets handled and everything works out well for you.

Русский форум член.

She should be able to get her vaccination records, it's just a matter of finding the right bureaucracy. I would start at her local hospital since they will probably send her in the right direction. Her biggest mistake was getting advice from the medical clinic. Definitely write to the consulate and explain her decision. Give them the whole sad story and then ask to reschedule as soon as possible. We are talking about Russia, they will know everything about her and its all in some file. She just needs to find it.

Hang in there and try to give her positive feelings. :thumbs:

Don't forget to include her Moscow case number in your email.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.