CanAmBride

Getting Medical/Vaccination Records Before Medical Appointment

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband called his family doctor to request his medical and vaccination records before his medical appointment in Toronto. His doctor told him that he had to bring a "form" with him to get these records. I looked through the document we received with our interview date, and online and I cannot find what form she is talking about.

Does anyone know what form this is?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't think you need to bring anything to your family doctor. All you need from them is the records of your vaccinations. I had a little yellow card that I've had since i was born that all shots I've gotten have been recorded on. The doctor should be able to give you the records of any shots they have given you. If you do not have records of the shots required you might need to get them again or get a test done saying you have had them in the past.

Your family doctor will not be the doctor that does the medical paperwork that teh consulate requires. You have to go to a specific doctor and there is only one in toronto and two in montreal that you can go to. I would wait until you get the interview appointment at montreal before getting that done because it is valid for one year. Waiting means you probably won't have to get another full medical done when you adjust status, so it saves money.

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I reviewed this document and it looks like it's for a K-1 visa. It mentions "Civil Surgeon" several times and also talks about the USCIS. Does anyone have any more input into this for a CR-1?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My husband called his family doctor to request his medical and vaccination records before his medical appointment in Toronto. His doctor told him that he had to bring a "form" with him to get these records. I looked through the document we received with our interview date, and online and I cannot find what form she is talking about.

Does anyone know what form this is?

As quoted before his family doctor should be able to give him a blood test to see what he has been vaccinated for throughout his life. I did not have any information either before my medical so my doctor did a blood test and printed it all out for me and I took that to my medical for visa application. Medicals are valid for 12 months well in Australia they are so he can have this done anytime and then be prepared when you get packet 3 and he goes for his medical.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I reviewed this document and it looks like it's for a K-1 visa. It mentions "Civil Surgeon" several times and also talks about the USCIS. Does anyone have any more input into this for a CR-1?

I see you are doing a 130 so I had a look and it does not mention a medical in the guides section

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Maybe your husband's doctor requires a form to be filled in before releasing any records. But that is something specific to the doctor so we cannot help. Get the doctor to specify what form he means. There shouldn't be any need for any kind of form for release of vaccination records, he should just be able to give them to your husband.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.