Peace....

2nd Update On AP in Casablanca after Interview

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well, it's finally over!!!! My sweety got his call today from the Embassy in Casablanca, and said you can come and pick your Visa up on Thursday at 3:00 and NOOOOOOOOOOOO co-sponsor needed.

But let me tell ya, being in AP for us was different than most from what I have read here the last 6 months. His brother yesterday here in the States actually received a call via his cell phone and was requested to go to the Immigration Office in his home town and they wanted to interview him about us. Gosh, that was a new one for me. I have never met him and only spoke to him once via phone, so I knew there was not much for him to speak about re: me. Anyway, I guess all went well and we are now ending this part of our lives and getting ready to begin the next half of our journey as husband and wife soon.

I was so happy that I didn't need a co-sponsor as they only had a letter of employment and no 2009 tax record as I never had to work for 12 years in my last marriage. I had good assets, money in the bank, proof of child support payments through CESA and direct deposit into my bank account (which basically saved me from having a co-sponsor). So it can be done, don't give up. I worked very hard to gather all the evidence we had at his interview and the CO was kind enough after interviewing me on the phone to go back and look at it all and make his decision based on what I had there.

I am so happy tonight just knowing soon, my sweetness will sit here next to me and this journey will forever live on.

Thank you all for helping me through this, I could not have done it alone and without you all.

The End.,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations!

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Congratulations! It is crazy that they made his brother go through all that...but at least a good result.

Great news,

Jackie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well, it's finally over!!!! My sweety got his call today from the Embassy in Casablanca, and said you can come and pick your Visa up on Thursday at 3:00 and NOOOOOOOOOOOO co-sponsor needed.

But let me tell ya, being in AP for us was different than most from what I have read here the last 6 months. His brother yesterday here in the States actually received a call via his cell phone and was requested to go to the Immigration Office in his home town and they wanted to interview him about us. Gosh, that was a new one for me. I have never met him and only spoke to him once via phone, so I knew there was not much for him to speak about re: me. Anyway, I guess all went well and we are now ending this part of our lives and getting ready to begin the next half of our journey as husband and wife soon.

I was so happy that I didn't need a co-sponsor as they only had a letter of employment and no 2009 tax record as I never had to work for 12 years in my last marriage. I had good assets, money in the bank, proof of child support payments through CESA and direct deposit into my bank account (which basically saved me from having a co-sponsor). So it can be done, don't give up. I worked very hard to gather all the evidence we had at his interview and the CO was kind enough after interviewing me on the phone to go back and look at it all and make his decision based on what I had there.

I am so happy tonight just knowing soon, my sweetness will sit here next to me and this journey will forever live on.

Thank you all for helping me through this, I could not have done it alone and without you all.

The End.,

Good deal. Congratulations.

But hate to break the news, it is not "the End" Next is AOS after marriage and then RoC in two years and then citizenship. With brief breaks, the good folks at USCIS will be a big part of your lfe for the next 4 years. :blink:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so EXCITED for you both!!

Sorry I missed your call and you are right, I am working 2nd shifts this week and trying to finish up the remodeling. Its been a very busy week but maybe we can catch up on the weekend.........My bathroom should be finished by this weekend...I have two new workers. That's another story I will have to tell you. M'hammed keeps telling me not tp stress myself over all this, but I want everything to be perfect for him.....

See I told you everything will be ok...all the worrying for nothing. Now the three of you can be HAPPY!!!!

Good deal. Congratulations.

But hate to break the news, it is not "the End" Next is AOS after marriage and then RoC in two years and then citizenship. With brief breaks, the good folks at USCIS will be a big part of your lfe for the next 4 years. :blink:

LOL Gary, yes you are correct, it's another long 4 years and I am sure, you will be the first person I come to for good answers. You were very honest in your answers to me and gave me hope along the way. I was very blessed to have wonderful people here advising me. I hope you are still here on VJ when I need some good advice. Thank you for everything....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so EXCITED for you both!!

Sorry I missed your call and you are right, I am working 2nd shifts this week and trying to finish up the remodeling. Its been a very busy week but maybe we can catch up on the weekend.........My bathroom should be finished by this weekend...I have two new workers. That's another story I will have to tell you. M'hammed keeps telling me not tp stress myself over all this, but I want everything to be perfect for him.....

See I told you everything will be ok...all the worrying for nothing. Now the three of you can be HAPPY!!!!

Hi Lisa.,

Yes we are very excited about the news. I was on my way to work to see a client yesterday when Mohammed called and I could not hold back the tears after hearing the news. However, we both know that waiting for that Visa like your M'hammed did can take a few more days than expected. So I told Mohammed, if they say Visa is not ready Thursday, don't get upset, it will be there soon as they can delay the process. I told Elizabeth about the Visa news, and she was excited and said, Wow mom now you don't have to spend so many hours online anymore, and we can all spend that time together now. I was happy and sad at that moment, because I know that it's been hard for her as well. As parents, you and I know just how hard it is to juggle our family life here and keep our long distant relationship happy at the same time. But we did it!!!! Now let the happiness begin.

Wow! you got two new workers now.... Good for you. Happy to hear things are running smoothly at home. I have to work 10 hours today, so it's gonna be a long day since I got up at 3:30 and could not sleep anymore. Hope to talk this weekend. Bye for now.

Darlene

Congratulations! It is crazy that they made his brother go through all that...but at least a good result.

Great news,

Jackie

Thanks Jackie for your reply. I guess when the beneficiary has relatives in the U.S. the Embassy must follow certain guidelines before they make any decision. You know, to think about like this....it's nice to know the Embassy is looking out for the Petitioner and making sure that everything is legit about the person that is coming to the USA.

Have a great a day.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

LOL Gary, yes you are correct, it's another long 4 years and I am sure, you will be the first person I come to for good answers. You were very honest in your answers to me and gave me hope along the way. I was very blessed to have wonderful people here advising me. I hope you are still here on VJ when I need some good advice. Thank you for everything....

If I am here or not is probably up to the moderators. :lol:

The AOS is not so bad and you will need another Affidavit for that, but if this one was OK, so will that one. For the Removal of Conditions you do not need the affidavit, just evidence you have been living together as husband and wife. Read the AOS guidelines next and then the RoC guides and forums. It goes faster than you think

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Thanks Jackie for your reply. I guess when the beneficiary has relatives in the U.S. the Embassy must follow certain guidelines before they make any decision. You know, to think about like this....it's nice to know the Embassy is looking out for the Petitioner and making sure that everything is legit about the person that is coming to the USA.

Have a great a day.

I can see that...I actually expected something like that when we were put on AP. He has a sister and brother in law in the states, but they never even got a phone call. We just dealt with silence and not knowing for a week. I guess there is no "standard" with these. Thank goodness it worked out well.

Have a great day too! :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.