Zcheva

wedding process please help, I am begging you

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi guys,

i and my fiancee is planning to get marry here in philippines. I am the beneficiary by the way. My fiancee filed already his leave for february. as we will have our marriage. her employer only allowed her for 12 days.. now heres the problem. earlier today, I went to the local civil registar here in davao city. I asked about the process.. and the lady told me that my future wife shud get a legal capacity to marry from her embassy. we dont have a problem to that. and after which, she will need to file for a marriage license here . here we have a problem., because according to that lady, from the time she files the marriage license, it will take 10 days fo the posting,, after which, since we are doing a civil wedding, they have this raffle thingy every thursday to choose judge gonna marry us.. I figured that with the ten days waiting, plus her travel, like we assume it will be 32 hours tavel one way, plus another 32 hours going back.. it will take him more or less 3 days for the travel alone.. plus the 10 days waiting time..

i really need your advice and help.. can I ask the local civl registrar to waived that 10 days? so when she arrives, all she needs to get is the legal capacity to marry then file for the marriage license and not wait for 10 days? is that possible? please tell me if it is.. or not .. please im begging you..

if there are possible ways, please let me know.. ahead of time..i will truly appreciate your effort replying to my post..

thanks..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys,

i and my fiancee is planning to get marry here in philippines. I am the beneficiary by the way. My fiancee filed already his leave for february. as we will have our marriage. her employer only allowed her for 12 days.. now heres the problem. earlier today, I went to the local civil registar here in davao city. I asked about the process.. and the lady told me that my future wife shud get a legal capacity to marry from her embassy. we dont have a problem to that. and after which, she will need to file for a marriage license here . here we have a problem., because according to that lady, from the time she files the marriage license, it will take 10 days fo the posting,, after which, since we are doing a civil wedding, they have this raffle thingy every thursday to choose judge gonna marry us.. I figured that with the ten days waiting, plus her travel, like we assume it will be 32 hours tavel one way, plus another 32 hours going back.. it will take him more or less 3 days for the travel alone.. plus the 10 days waiting time..

i really need your advice and help.. can I ask the local civl registrar to waived that 10 days? so when she arrives, all she needs to get is the legal capacity to marry then file for the marriage license and not wait for 10 days? is that possible? please tell me if it is.. or not .. please im begging you..

if there are possible ways, please let me know.. ahead of time..i will truly appreciate your effort replying to my post..

thanks..

I had the same thing happen to me. I stayed there for three weeks visiting my girlfriend at the time, and we decided that we wanted to try to get married, but it turns out we only had 8 days left, so we could not do it. I know that weddings are very important there in the Philippines, but I would strongly suggest applying for a Fiance Visa instead of marriage, and then get married in his country. I know your family will be disappointed, but you can get to his country a lot faster with Fiance Visa. For me, it has been over a year since I married my wife, and still she isn't here yet, but she has her interview next month. I have talked to a lot of people about this, and all of them said I am stupid for not doing a Fiance Visa. My wife wanted to, but I wanted for her mom to be at her wedding, so we just did CR-1. I think we regret our decision. With a Fiance Visa, she would have been here several months ago.

Edited by Seahawks21

Filed: Timeline
I had the same thing happen to me. I stayed there for three weeks visiting my girlfriend at the time, and we decided that we wanted to try to get married, but it turns out we only had 8 days left, so we could not do it. I know that weddings are very important there in the Philippines, but I would strongly suggest applying for a Fiance Visa instead of marriage, and then get married in his country. I know your family will be disappointed, but you can get to his country a lot faster with Fiance Visa. For me, it has been over a year since I married my wife, and still she isn't here yet, but she has her interview next month. I have talked to a lot of people about this, and all of them said I am stupid for not doing a Fiance Visa. My wife wanted to, but I wanted for her mom to be at her wedding, so we just did CR-1. I think we regret our decision. With a Fiance Visa, she would have been here several months ago.

thank u for ur response. but i prefer to marry here in philippines. and everything is all set.. thanks for the advice buddy..

We got married just last June :) And we followed the rules. :) Buzz me for further details :) God bless your life together!

A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. – Genesis 2:24

And we followed the rules.

Rules in the Philippines??? You gotta be kidding! :lol: Just kidding.

It sounds like the OP is pressed for time. Following the rules would be waiting the ten day period.

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

Rules in the Philippines??? You gotta be kidding! :lol: Just kidding.

It sounds like the OP is pressed for time. Following the rules would be waiting the ten day period.

No, I'm not crazy. I'm totally just sharing what we did. I guess suggesting to bribe is way crazy but I didn't point out that because that's your opinion. I'm just here to help in a right way.

A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. – Genesis 2:24

Hi,

It took us two trips to do it "right". We had the license and posted exactly at the 10 day mark after rushing to the embassy and city hall the day of my arrival. Judge decided that we didn't have the right paperwork though :crying: ....(oopss, YOU WERE WRONG JUDGE!!!! :angry: ) Took another visit since day 10 was the day I was returning home. The license is good for 120 days anywhere in the Phils so if it's a possibility, plan two trips. We just got our 130 accepted and sent to CSC so it is possible, just takes time. Best of luck with it!! :thumbs:

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Hi,

It took us two trips to do it "right". We had the license and posted exactly at the 10 day mark after rushing to the embassy and city hall the day of my arrival. Judge decided that we didn't have the right paperwork though :crying: ....(oopss, YOU WERE WRONG JUDGE!!!! :angry: ) Took another visit since day 10 was the day I was returning home. The license is good for 120 days anywhere in the Phils so if it's a possibility, plan two trips. We just got our 130 accepted and sent to CSC so it is possible, just takes time. Best of luck with it!! :thumbs:

Nice. There's a blessing to those who will do it in the right way. Congratulations by the way! :)

What we did with ours was move the dates, both the wedding date and my trip. Everything went well, thank God!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

** moved from "IR-1/CR-1" to "Philippines Regional" as this isn't a qn about the CR-1 process, but a PI related qn **

Posts (and other posts quoting it) that condone or instruct others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activites have been removed.

Edited by Pinay Wife

I also did mine in 2 trips.

First trip was about 21 days & we took care of most of the paperwork needed.0

On the 2nd trip (marriage trip), we had to move the wedding date to a later date as we needed more time.

Create a checklist, make the proper arrangement & get all the paperwork that you will need/can get before your mate arrives so you can cut down on the time/running around.

Also the OP said 32 hours travel each way? that is a long time. My trip from NYC to Manila was a little over 18 hours including - transit/stopover in HK.

USCIS

07-20-2010: I-130 package mailed.

07-22-2010: I-130 Package Received - Priority Date.

07-29-2010: Received text & email from USCIS - Notice Date.

07-30-2010: Check Cashed by USCIS.

08-02-2010: Received NOA1 hard copy.

08-02,04,05: Touched.

09-28-2010: Received text & email - petition approved.

10-04-2010: Received NOA2 hard copy.

NVC

10-13-2010: NVC Case# Received (after calling).

10-15-2010: Emailed DS-3032 to NVC.

10-16-2020: Received the DS-3032 package, IIN number & AOS bill via email.

10-22-2010: Paid AOS bill ($88) - showing IN PROCESS

10-25-2010: AOS fee PAID.

10-27-2010: Express Mail AOS Package.

10-27-2010: Paid IV bill - showing IN PROCESS.

10-28-2010: AOS package delivered.

10-28-2010: IV fee PAID.

10-29-2010: Express Mail IV package.

11-01-2010: IV package delivered.

11-08-2010: AOS packages entered into NVC system.

11-15-2010: IV package entered into NVC system.

11-23-2010: SIF.

11-24-2010: Case Complete.

CONSULATE

12-21-2010: Medical at SLMC - Passed

12-22-2010: Immunization at SLMC

01-04-2011: Interview @USEM ~ Approval

OTHER

02-05-2011: POE at JFK

N-400

05-01-2017: N-400 Sent

05-09-2017: Case accepted

05-15-2017: Biometric appointment scheduled

05-30-2017: Biometric

06-05-2017: Inline for interview

08-15-2017: Interview scheduled

09-19-2017: Interview (approved).

01-19-2018: Oath Ceremony

hi guys,

thanks..

hubby had 7 days left in RP when we went to file the legal capacity. I filed the marriage license for us --- i filled up my portion of the license then fed exed it to him to fill up and sign his portion....ohhh...he signed his portion in front of a notary at the Philippine consulate under which Ohio was. They afixed a reda and gold ribbon to thge entire document and he sent it back to me and i filed it. the 10 days is mnandatory...it's a Notice of Marriage posted for 10 days. No way around that. We did not have to go through a raffle as we had approached a judge friend of my uncle's who readily agreed to marry us.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

hi guys,

thanks..

im from davao...and yeah they said that they are a bit strict of that ten days posting of the ML... my husband stayed in davao for 21 days... it was quite stressing with the days... and we did attend the marriage counseling too because it was one of the requirement for ML...if you dont know any judge yeah its a problem too but once you know somebody its very easy. I didnt go for the judge...maybe you can talk to your pastor of your church. Try to talk to the head of the civil registrar... that situation its pretty normal for them already.

on his first visit he only stayed 16 days and we planned to get married that time but we dont really wannna take the risk.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.