Seahawks21

Just got the interview date--Philippines!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know I posted something similar to this before, but just wanted to go through this one last time. Thanks so much for humoring me. I don't think I ever would have gotten through this without this website, you people are amazing. I'm looking forward to being able to help people in the same fashion around here in the future.

Ok, first question... we've got her interview date in the Philippines on November 5th. She is located in Manila, so from what I understand, she should get her Visa just like 2-3 days after the interview, is that correct?

After that, she has to attend the seminar about living in the USA. Also, as I understand it, she can do this on a walk-up basis and they offer these seminars every day of the week. So, she should be able to do this like the next day, correct? After that, is she free to come to the USA?

I guess my real question is...how likely is it that she WON'T be able to come to the USA a few days after the interview? We're both very antsy at this point, and I would like to book her flight. Under normal circumstances, nothing else should come up right? It isn't going to take a few weeks to get the Visa, right? My plan as of now is to fly over there about a week after her interview date, and return with her 2-3 weeks later. I can cancel the flight with no penalty, but I want to make sure she has the Visa in hand before I fly over. Is a week enough time to take care of everything, or am I jumping the gun?

I know there are is always a chance that she may fail the interview or something like that, but assuming she passes, will it be pretty safe to book a flight so soon after?

(I know, I know. I told her to be patient and we will book her flight after everything is officially done, but I can't take time off in December, so if she isn't here by November, she will have to wait until January, which she is not receptive to hahaha."

Is it relatively safe to book a flight so soon after the interview, or am I just being nuts and taking a ridiculous risk?

Thanks as always for the feedback folks, you are all so very much appreciated.

--Scott

I know I posted something similar to this before, but just wanted to go through this one last time. Thanks so much for humoring me. I don't think I ever would have gotten through this without this website, you people are amazing. I'm looking forward to being able to help people in the same fashion around here in the future.

Ok, first question... we've got her interview date in the Philippines on November 5th. She is located in Manila, so from what I understand, she should get her Visa just like 2-3 days after the interview, is that correct?

After that, she has to attend the seminar about living in the USA. Also, as I understand it, she can do this on a walk-up basis and they offer these seminars every day of the week. So, she should be able to do this like the next day, correct? After that, is she free to come to the USA?

I guess my real question is...how likely is it that she WON'T be able to come to the USA a few days after the interview? We're both very antsy at this point, and I would like to book her flight. Under normal circumstances, nothing else should come up right? It isn't going to take a few weeks to get the Visa, right? My plan as of now is to fly over there about a week after her interview date, and return with her 2-3 weeks later. I can cancel the flight with no penalty, but I want to make sure she has the Visa in hand before I fly over. Is a week enough time to take care of everything, or am I jumping the gun?

I know there are is always a chance that she may fail the interview or something like that, but assuming she passes, will it be pretty safe to book a flight so soon after?

(I know, I know. I told her to be patient and we will book her flight after everything is officially done, but I can't take time off in December, so if she isn't here by November, she will have to wait until January, which she is not receptive to hahaha."

Is it relatively safe to book a flight so soon after the interview, or am I just being nuts and taking a ridiculous risk?

Thanks as always for the feedback folks, you are all so very much appreciated.

--Scott

She can attend the CFO seminar before her interview. My Flor had her Certificate 2 months ago, and we have our Interview Oct 26. Which seminar she attends will depend on if you are applying for an Immigrant Visa or non-immigrant (K) Visa.

Check here: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_cebu.htm

click Emigrant if you are applying for Immgrant Status there, or use Spouse/Fiance if you are going to adjust status in US.

Once you have the certificate, you hold on to it until your Visa is in hand. Then you return to CFO and they will stamp her Visa for departure.

I am staying 2 weeks after the interview, though, my filipina travel agent told me 10 days is usually plenty of time for the Visa to be delivered.

Good luck and God bless.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

NEVER EVER count on visa delivery in 2 - 3 days...

Nothing in this process is guaranteed...

If you're really that anxious just do what I did last November:

My wife's visa was approved on the 18 of November and was delivered about 1 week later.

She called me the second she received the package, I got online (Expedia.com) and booked the first available flight which was in less than 10 hours! Usually you can't do that but since the flight was technically for the following calendar day they allowed it.

Timeline

NEVER EVER count on visa delivery in 2 - 3 days...

Nothing in this process is guaranteed...

If you're really that anxious just do what I did last November:

My wife's visa was approved on the 18 of November and was delivered about 1 week later.

She called me the second she received the package, I got online (Expedia.com) and booked the first available flight which was in less than 10 hours! Usually you can't do that but since the flight was technically for the following calendar day they allowed it.

Thanks for the head's up. Was your wife from metro Manila? I would very much like to do it the way that you mentioned, but I have to give my work 1 month's notice before any vacation. The one good thing is that I can re-schedule my flights with no penalty. My tentative plan for now is to plan to fly there about one week after her interview. I'm going to play it by ear, and if she doesn't receive the Visa by the time my flight leaves, I'm going to just cancel my flight and re-schedule for January. Thanks again for the warning.

Timeline

She can attend the CFO seminar before her interview. My Flor had her Certificate 2 months ago, and we have our Interview Oct 26. Which seminar she attends will depend on if you are applying for an Immigrant Visa or non-immigrant (K) Visa.

Check here: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_cebu.htm

click Emigrant if you are applying for Immgrant Status there, or use Spouse/Fiance if you are going to adjust status in US.

Once you have the certificate, you hold on to it until your Visa is in hand. Then you return to CFO and they will stamp her Visa for departure.

I am staying 2 weeks after the interview, though, my filipina travel agent told me 10 days is usually plenty of time for the Visa to be delivered.

Good luck and God bless.

Thanks John! I just talked to my wife about this, and found out she actually already has the certificate from the seminar, so she'll just have to get the stamp. Okay, 10 days? I'm going to stay there for about two weeks, but I don't even want to head over there until she has the Visa for sure. Will she find out on the day of the interview whether or not she passed it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.