Initial Review

Request for Evidence

Request for Evidence Response Review

Testing and Interview

Decision

Post Decision Activity

Oath Ceremony

Card/ Document Production

Ok, before I "Log in" (above) is listed... Then when I log in, The following is missing:

Request for Evidence

Testing and Interview

Our next step is "Decision" What does this mean? I'm assuming it means they do not need "evidence"?

What about testing and interview? Thanks

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Decision:

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

Testing and Interview:

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

IR-5 for Parents

02-28-14 -> I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.
03-03-14 -> USCIS received. (Priority Date)
03-09-14 -> NOA1 received.
06-04-14 -> NOA2 received. Approved.
06-18-14 -> NVC Received case.
07-03-14 -> NVC Assigned Case#(Got Case# & IIN Over the Phone).
07-22-14 -> DS-261 Completed.
07-25-14 -> AOS fee Payment.
07-29-14 -> AOS fee shows PAID.
07-30-14 -> AOS Package Sent.
07-31-14 -> AOS Package delivered.
09-15-14 -> IV fee Payment.

09-17-14 -> IV fee Shows PAID.

09-18-14 -> IV Package Sent.
09-20-14 -> IV Package Delivered.

10-20-14 -> Case Complete.

10-28-14 -> Case Complete Email Received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Acceptance

Initial Review

Request for Evidence

Testing and Interview

Decision

Post Decision Activity

Oath Ceremony

Card/ Document Production

Ok, before I "Log in" (above) is listed... Then when I log in, The following is missing:

Request for Evidence

Testing and Interview

Our next step is "Decision" What does this mean? I'm assuming it means they do not need "evidence"?

What about testing and interview? Thanks

Do not assume anything until you have your NOA2. The online update system is about as useless as balls on a brass monkey. It is about 65% accurate. Failing grade for a math test, stress test, or dissolved blood oxygen. Our case still shows "initial review" and I just filed for Alla's Removal of Conditions. The classifications you see apply to all procedures and visa types, many are not applicable to the I-129f.

When you are approved, you might see an update that says "Approval". You WILL, sometime after that, get the NOA2 in the mail or you may get an RFE in the mail. UNTIL you get the NOA2, you CAN get an RFE.

At this point, you should be preparing all the documents for the interview, getting the police report, etc., etc. Because with Kiev, you do not have to wait for a packet 3 to be sent and you do not have to send back a packet 3. Once they have the case you can schedule an interview, so it is a great benefit to be on top of this stuff.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Decision:

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

Testing and Interview:

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

Exactly. Most of this is not applicable to an I-129f. USCIS does not require an interview for an I-129f. The Department of State (consulate) DOES require one.

The online update system is bubble gum they give you to chew while you wait. This is not Fedex and there is no accurate way to track your case at any point in the process. That is not an error or an oversight.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.