toddaiko

DS230 acceptance time

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hey VJ peeps!

Aiko sent in her DS230 on Sept. 22nd. It is now Oct. 4(almost 2 weeks) since she mailed it in and we have not heard anything from the US Embassy in Tokyo about them receiving it. From info that I have seen, it appears that the Embassy usually emails you within a few days after the mailing time...should I be concerned?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey VJ peeps!

Aiko sent in her DS230 on Sept. 22nd. It is now Oct. 4(almost 2 weeks) since she mailed it in and we have not heard anything from the US Embassy in Tokyo about them receiving it. From info that I have seen, it appears that the Embassy usually emails you within a few days after the mailing time...should I be concerned?

HI TODDAIKO How long is the waiting period after sending back the DS230?

Once the National Visa Center (NVC) has received your DS-230, they will keep contact with the petitioner until they have finished processing the case. Once the process is concluded, the NVC will schedule an appointment and will notify you my mail. Then the case will be forwarded to this Consulate waiting for an interview. It usually takes 7 - 10 days....then another 2 weeks to set the appointment date. Figure you'll have about a month to get your medical before the interview.

Timeline

Thanks, Mustafa!

But I am a little bit confused as the DS-230 is a document that Aiko(beneficiary) had to fill out to send to the US Embassy in Tokyo...and I am the petitioner living in the United States. I was gathering that she would hear directly from the embassy first...as it is she that has the appointment...and that the NVC didn't have anything to do with anything after we received our NOA2 and they forwarded the case to Tokyo. We are hoping to set our appointment date soon (ideally for late December, as I do wish to accompany Aiko to the interview)...so I need to get a plane ticket soon...

Does anyone else have thoughts regarding any of this?

Thanks so much!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks, Mustafa!

But I am a little bit confused as the DS-230 is a document that Aiko(beneficiary) had to fill out to send to the US Embassy in Tokyo...and I am the petitioner living in the United States. I was gathering that she would hear directly from the embassy first...as it is she that has the appointment...and that the NVC didn't have anything to do with anything after we received our NOA2 and they forwarded the case to Tokyo. We are hoping to set our appointment date soon (ideally for late December, as I do wish to accompany Aiko to the interview)...so I need to get a plane ticket soon...

Does anyone else have thoughts regarding any of this?

Thanks so much!

hi toddaiko benefecery cannot send ds230 package to usa japan embassy this document is not for japan usa embassy . ds230 package is only for NVC this doc is only to send NVC IN USA ONLY I THINK YOU CAN READ THIS

Two paths in the NVC process.

Path 1.

The fee that is generated after they receive the Choice of Agent is the IV Bill. Once that is received they will generate the DS-230 which is the Application for an Immigrant Visa. Who is the Choice of Agent? Whoever is the Choice of Agent will receive the DS-230 package. If it is not the visa applicant, the visa applicant should forward at least a signed DS-230 part 1 to whom ever is the agent. They should also forward any documentation that is required to be submitted with the DS-230. This varies depending on the country.

Path 2.

Once the AOS Fee Bill has been received, NVC will generate the Affidavit of Support Package and forward it to the Petitioner (who is also often the choice of agent for the DS-230)

The NVC will then review the Affidavit of Support and the DS-230. Once this and any background checks are cleared, they will get 'Case Complete'.

If only the DS-230 part 1 and a copy of the visa applicants biographic page/s of passport were required to be submitted, then the case will be forwarded to the Consulate on 'Case Complete' where the consulate will schedule the interview.

If DS-230 part 1 & 11 and ALL documentation including police certificate, where required to be submitted, then NVC will schedule the interview.

An interview packet is sent to the visa applicant which contains a letter and interview appointment, with the day, date and time of interview, and information about what should be brought to the interview as well as info on the medical, etc.

Note: DS-230 part 11 is completed but not signed whether it is sent to the NVC, or is taken to the interview. This is signed at the interview in front of the Consular Officer.

Timeline

Mustafa, thanks for all that...where did you get that info?

I believe our process is different for Japan...as we were sent the DS230 by the US Embassy in Japan and were told to mail it to them...and when I had talked to the NVC a few weeks back, they said that they had nothing more to do with the file after they had shipped it to Tokyo...and it was upon our file being received by Tokyo that the Embassy shipped Aiko the DS230.

Thanks for trying...but it seems like your info doesn't seem to match our path...any Japanese K1 people out there??

If you're filing for a K1 visa, then you're in the wrong forum. This is for IR-1/CR-1 visa applicants and we have different forms and paths than K1. Perhaps if you asked your question in the K1 forum, you'd get a better answer.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

If you're filing for a K1 visa, then you're in the wrong forum. This is for IR-1/CR-1 visa applicants and we have different forms and paths than K1. Perhaps if you asked your question in the K1 forum, you'd get a better answer.

:thumbs:

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.