LeslienScott

Starting to panic

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The trouble isn't with Canada Post. It is with MTL. They haven't even issued it yet. What can possibly be the hold up? DOS said yesterday an approval doesn't guarantee anything. #######???

WHAT? That doesn't even make sense! Yep, I think it's time to get the good ol' congressperson involve at this point... That's retarded, an approval doesn't guarantee anything, what does??? :bonk:

Gosh, I hope you get some answers soon (F)

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

The trouble isn't with Canada Post. It is with MTL. They haven't even issued it yet. What can possibly be the hold up? DOS said yesterday an approval doesn't guarantee anything. #######???

what state is your fiance in - if you don't mind my asking..

if i were you i'd get a call in at the senate level - the liaison can speak to an actual person in mtl. my senator's liaison got back to me in a day - and i know how stressed you must feel right now!

i'm almost positive that the scenario in our 'situation' was that we just got left in a pile on someone's desk and it took some prodding to get a move on it..i could be wrong - but every time i called dos they told me it hadn't yet been issued..

what state is your fiance in - if you don't mind my asking..

if i were you i'd get a call in at the senate level - the liaison can speak to an actual person in mtl. my senator's liaison got back to me in a day - and i know how stressed you must feel right now!

i'm almost positive that the scenario in our 'situation' was that we just got left in a pile on someone's desk and it took some prodding to get a move on it..i could be wrong - but every time i called dos they told me it hadn't yet been issued..

He's in NY state. He's waiting until the end of today, just in case they decide to issue it today.

I called DOS again this morning & she said "oh yes, they are about to issue it" HUH????? When I told her everyone else on our interview day got theirs, she said that they were backed up & sees no reason why I wouldn't be getting it. Ughhhh! :ranting:

OUR TIMELINE AND K1 JOURNEY

Sept 4, 2009...We meet in Toronto, Canada at a Kid Rock concert
Feb 19, 2010...NOA1 recieved in mail
May 19, 2010...NOA2 (92 days)
Sept 24, 2010...Interview! APPROVED! smile.png
Oct 29, 2010...POE--Buffalo, NY
Nov 10, 2010...Courthouse wedding in NY state
Dec 11, 2010...Beach wedding in Hawaii

Dec 09, 2010...NOA for AOS, EAD, AP
Feb 11, 2011...AOS & EAD approved smile.png
Feb 12, 2011...AP approved smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received GREEN CARD smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received AP
Feb 22, 2011...Received EAD

Nov 09, 2012...Sent in I-751, Removal of Conditions
Nov 14, 2011...NOA1
Dec 18, 2012...Biometrics

May 03, 2013...10 year GREEN CARD approved! yes.gif

He's in NY state. He's waiting until the end of today, just in case they decide to issue it today.

I called DOS again this morning & she said "oh yes, they are about to issue it" HUH????? When I told her everyone else on our interview day got theirs, she said that they were backed up & sees no reason why I wouldn't be getting it. Ughhhh! :ranting:

yeah, the only helpful thing dos told me was when it had actually printed (four weeks after our interview). and i called three times to make sure i got the same answer each time. in between when i would call, trying to figure out what was going on - i got quite a few comments that made me think we had been put in ap.

actually - the first time i called dos the day i found out they printed the visa, the woman i spoke to (first call) said they had sent our file back to NVC and i spent a half hour on hold with NVC to try and figure out why in the world they would be getting our file back..

he's probably going to have to send them a written request, which also serves to authorize them access to your personal information (at least i did - i think its the status quo)

Edited by valerie78

Scott has contacted anyone & everyone in the government sector. So hopefully we can get some answers. My morning phone call to DOS said they were about to issue it, Scott's afternoon call to DOS said that we are in AP. Like really??? They can put us in AP after the actual approval??? They didn't have 1 single issue with us at the interview. No one said that we need more info or evidence. This is getting more rediculous by the day.

Nov 14, 2011...NOA1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, just when you think Montreal can't get any worse, it does... This sucks, and I hope ou guys get some answers real soon... Is Montreal such a shitty city that they can't get anyone to go and work there? :bonk:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Scott has contacted anyone & everyone in the government sector. So hopefully we can get some answers. My morning phone call to DOS said they were about to issue it, Scott's afternoon call to DOS said that we are in AP. Like really??? They can put us in AP after the actual approval??? They didn't have 1 single issue with us at the interview. No one said that we need more info or evidence. This is getting more rediculous by the day.

don't listen to the AP line - i was given that one too. i'm so sorry you're going thru this, hang in there..

I was told in this mornings phone call that everyone is in AP until the visa is issued AND that no one is approved until the visa is actually issued!!!!!!!! (insert every swear word known to man here)

Nov 14, 2011...NOA1

I was told in this mornings phone call that everyone is in AP until the visa is issued AND that no one is approved until the visa is actually issued!!!!!!!! (insert every swear word known to man here)

damn, this sounds exactly like what happened to me.i was told that too, and i was also told (by another DOS rep) that AP is a general term they use, but not necessarily 'THE DREADED AP' we all fear... i'm pretty sure the CO has to have you sign a particular form at the interview if you are really in AP..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When they pull stuff like this, I always think someone there was a complete moron and spilt coffee on the passport or something and they're just drying them out... I always think they have a room there with a string and clothes hangers for all the papers they spill coffee on.

It makes total sense. :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When they pull stuff like this, I always think someone there was a complete moron and spilt coffee on the passport or something and they're just drying them out... I always think they have a room there with a string and clothes hangers for all the papers they spill coffee on.

It makes total sense. :P

haha I have this awesome image in my head now. There are montreal officers opening a door to the room they call "Data room" and when they open the door there is 10 fans blowing air and clothing lines with paperwork blowing side to side.

That would be horrible haha

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm in AP but didn't sign any "AP" paperwork during the interview.

My AP was because they requested some amended documents, I got the visa refusal worksheet right after my interview with the three docs they wanted amended listed on it and it also said I should send those documents plus our passports.

Hope you get your visa soon!

They never gave me any indication at the interview that we were missing anything or them wanting anything more. I asked this morning if they wanted anything more & she said no, this is normal. :huh2:

Nov 14, 2011...NOA1

They never gave me any indication at the interview that we were missing anything or them wanting anything more. I asked this morning if they wanted anything more & she said no, this is normal. :huh2:

has your fiance emailed the consulate as well? i used multiple email addresses and orfee sent a couple from his as well. they only ever responded to one of our emails..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.