MochiKamo

Plastic bag or photo sheet

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I just came back from Japan and I am ready to send the 129F packet. For Documentary Proof of Having Met in Person in the Past Two Years and an Ongoing Relationship I have collection of photo sheets that contains 46 photos of us both in the US and Japan in various locations during the previous two years.

However, if they punch holes on top of the photo sheets it’s going to be somewhat cumbersome as the holes will go into the pictures and the pages. Now I'm just thinking of going with a plastic bag.

I know I probably should just send the application and not worry about pedantic stuff like this but I was just curious what the consensus here was. Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I just came back from Japan and I am ready to send the 129F packet. For Documentary Proof of Having Met in Person in the Past Two Years and an Ongoing Relationship I have collection of photo sheets that contains 46 photos of us both in the US and Japan in various locations during the previous two years.

However, if they punch holes on top of the photo sheets it’s going to be somewhat cumbersome as the holes will go into the pictures and the pages. Now I'm just thinking of going with a plastic bag.

I know I probably should just send the application and not worry about pedantic stuff like this but I was just curious what the consensus here was. Thanks!

Since all our photos are digital, we pasted 2 photos per page in a word document with a descriptions underneath. We only put about 15 pictures and even then I thought that may be too many :) The advice I was given here was to use enough to get your point across ie, you have met/been together in the past 2 years - the rest can be bought to the interview.

Anyway, primary evidence such as passport stamps and boarding passes are more solid evidence :)

good luck :)

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead".

K-1 VISA TIMELINE

30.09.10 - Filed I-129F

06.10.10 - Routed to CSC/NOA1 email

09.10.10 - Cheque cleared

07.10.10 - NOA1

14.10.10 - Touch

15.10.10 - Touch

16.01.11 - Applied for Police Record (NSW)

02.02.11 - Received Police Record (Took 17 days)

10.02.11 - Medical (Received results 6 days later)

22.03.11 - NOA2 (166 days/5.5 months)

25.03.11 - NVC Rec'd

29.03.11 - Left NVC

05.04.11 - Packet 3

05.04.11 - Returned Packet 3

11.04.11 - Packet 4 (Original interview scheduled for 10.05.11 - requested earlier appointment with success!)

12.04.11 - Interview APPROVED!

21.04.11 - VISA in hand!

26.04.11 - POE LAX

04.05.11 - Marriage

AOS TIMELINE

11.05.11 - Filed I-485/EAD/AP

14.05.11 - NOA1

27.05.11 - Walk-in Biometrics completed (originally scheduled for 10.06.11)

08.06.11 - Interview date notice received

11.07.11 - EAD/AP card production ordered (58 days)

14.07.11 - AOS Interview APPROVED!!!(61 days)

18.07.11 - EAD/AP card in hand (65 days)

22.07.11 - GC in hand!!! (69 days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Timeline

Thanks for the replies! However, I have to say that I have already read the step by step guide several times from top to bottom.

All my photos were digital so as the recommendation of the guide, I printed them at a company (kodakgallery.com).

The guide also recommends to "Place photo's in a plastic bag or photo sheet and label the sheet."

Disregarding the number of photos I have, if I use my photo sheets there will be holepunches on top of the pages resulting in holes in the pictures. This is why I am considering using the plastic bag option. So I was wondering how other did it. At this point I'm tempted to get a zip lock bag and attack the bag.

Edited by Yagisama

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks for the replies! However, I have to say that I have already read the step by step guide several times from top to bottom.

All my photos were digital so as the recommendation of the guide, I printed them at a company (kodakgallery.com).

The guide also recommends to "Place photo's in a plastic bag or photo sheet and label the sheet."

Disregarding the number of photos I have, if I use my photo sheets there will be holepunches on top of the pages resulting in holes in the pictures. This is why I am considering using the plastic bag option. So I was wondering how other did it. At this point I'm tempted to get a zip lock bag and attack the bag.

I went with the plastic zip-lock bag approach. I had about 15 4X6 photos and simply stapled the sides of the bag to a heavier sheet of paper. The top was still able to be opened and it felt good in the hands and looked semi-professional. I think getting the info into the hands of those who need it, as quickly as possible is the most important. Triple check it all and send away!

09/21/10 - I-129F Sent!

09/23/10 - I-129F Received in Dallas, TX

09/28/10 - Text & E-mail NOA1 (It was at 12:44AM, weird) Notification that our case was transferred to VSC.

09/29/10 - Check cashed

09/30/10 - NOA-1 Hard Copy dated Sep. 27, 2010

10/03/10 - TOUCH!

After numerous calls to USCIS, my two Texas Senators and a Congressman, the latter got an "expedite" put through (if you can call a month and a week after ONPT an expedite). Just never let up! Even though mine took way too long, there were people who were a month before me and waited longer because they just sat back and watched. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease!"

03/31/11 - NOA-2!

04/05/11 - Received NOA-2 hard copy.

04/07/11 - NVC Received

04/12/11 - Case left NVC via DHL

04/14/11 - Consulate Received Hard Copy of Case

event.png

Timeline

I went with the plastic zip-lock bag approach. I had about 15 4X6 photos and simply stapled the sides of the bag to a heavier sheet of paper. The top was still able to be opened and it felt good in the hands and looked semi-professional. I think getting the info into the hands of those who need it, as quickly as possible is the most important. Triple check it all and send away!

Indeed that was my conclusion also. The photo sheets looked nice but they seemed like they'd be a pain to work with. The plastic zip lock bag approach not only takes up much less room, as you say it allows for quick access.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.