Mehmet&Elena

Last question before filing form I-129F

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just a little nervouse before filing form I-129F and have a few more questions.

1) Is it fine to cross out with one line an error and write in the correction. How about white out? I can rewrite some of the forms, however my fiancee already signed the G-325A and left the form for me to fill out and date. She is now in Ukraine. Just want to save time and get this package in the mail. I find myself rewriting this thing to many times, trying to make it perfect.

2) Question: Applicant's last address outside the United States of more than 1 year. If my fiancee is still living at the address, can I write "present time" in the "to" box. Or should I write todays date?

3) If a question does not apply, for example "If your finace is currently in the U.S., complete the following:" should I leave it blank or write N/A?

4) When putting the package together, should I staple the photos to the G-325A? Can I staple the 3 pages of the I-129F form together. I would hate to lose anything.

5)I put our names on the back of the photos and it left a slight indentation on the front. Will this be a problem?

6) Should I make copies of my finacee's Ukrainian birth certificate, divorce decree and surname change document? I know the notorization and certification of her documents must be original, so I wonder if making copies would be of use to me in the future.

Thanks again for all your help. This is a great site and I look forward to returning the support by helping others.

Calm down :) The G-325a is used for many different things and so some of its questions will be irrelevant or worded confusingly. Don't stress too much about it!

1) No white-out. Try to change it, err, manually.

2) Yes you can write "present time".

3) On that particular question, I'd say don't write anything. Because it does say "IF" blah blah then complete this. If a question says to say "none" then do so, otherwise it is entirely up to you whether you want to write N/A or not.

4) No staples! Every packet they receive contains little photos and other odds and ends, they're used to somehow controlling a pile of paper, it'll be ok!

5) Assuming you didn't put a whole through them...no it shouldn't be.

6) Having copies of everything is always good, whilst you're at it photocopy the completed forms. I didn't do this personally, but it is always good to have copies of important forms you send off...

Timeline

Just a little nervouse before filing form I-129F and have a few more questions.

1) Is it fine to cross out with one line an error and write in the correction. How about white out? I can rewrite some of the forms, however my fiancee already signed the G-325A and left the form for me to fill out and date. She is now in Ukraine. Just want to save time and get this package in the mail. I find myself rewriting this thing to many times, trying to make it perfect.

2) Question: Applicant's last address outside the United States of more than 1 year. If my fiancee is still living at the address, can I write "present time" in the "to" box. Or should I write todays date?

3) If a question does not apply, for example "If your finace is currently in the U.S., complete the following:" should I leave it blank or write N/A?

4) When putting the package together, should I staple the photos to the G-325A? Can I staple the 3 pages of the I-129F form together. I would hate to lose anything.

5)I put our names on the back of the photos and it left a slight indentation on the front. Will this be a problem?

6) Should I make copies of my finacee's Ukrainian birth certificate, divorce decree and surname change document? I know the notorization and certification of her documents must be original, so I wonder if making copies would be of use to me in the future.

Thanks again for all your help. This is a great site and I look forward to returning the support by helping others.

1. Yes. It is also OK to use white out. The G-325a is a biographical data form, it is more important that it is correct and legible. FWIW we corrected errors at the consulate by lining them out and writing in the correct information, no problem.

2. Yes.

3. NA if it is NOT APPLICABLE (as in this case) or NONE if it is none.

4. They hate staples. Use pepare clips or put the photos in a clear sandwich bag. OR make photo copies of the photos, as long as they are clear and legible. You can write your notes, captions, names etc in the margins. Works great.

5. No problem.

6. NEVER send originals of such documents. Send copies. For the I-129f you do not need to send her birth certificate. You DO need to send the divorce and name change certificates and they need to have a translation. The signature on the TRANLSATION should be original. The translator should give you at least two copies with original signature. Alla includes two "originals" for all translations. DO NOT SEND ORIGNAL DOCUMENTS. Get thos back to your fiancee! For the interview she will need to BRING the original of each of those with a copy. They will look them over and hand them back to her and keep the copy

Make a copy for your file of each and EVERY document or piece of paper you send them. Likely you will need it before this is over.

Again, do not send original boarding passes, documents, etc. The ONLY things needing original signatures are...

1. I-129f form

2. G-325a form

3. Letter of intent

4. Translations

I even made copies of the photos we used for the evidence for the interview, I did not give them original prints.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

FWIW they staple all relevent documents together at VSC (and maybe other centers) but they do it the way THEY want it done. They hate if they have to take your staples out.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.