yeknom189

Saving my new family

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone, my girlfriend and I have been together for six months. We met @ my job, started dating, then in our 4th month of going out, got pregnant. We are now en route to getting married and making our trek down the path of the IR1/CR1. When we first met, she was here, from Japan, on a student visa. Now she graduated and can no longer reside in the U.S. If I'm not mistaken, CR1/I-130 is the correct path??? She will be leaving soon, so the possibility of immigration fraud will not be present. Thanks for taking a read!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

So she is still legally in the USA as of now? And you met in the USA, ie she didn't know you when she came over legally on the student visa? If so, the quickest thing would be for you to get married asap and adjust status (AOS). This is legal as she had no intention of immigrating when she came to the USA. With this path,she will not be able to leave the USA until she has her greencard in hand, which can be several months. So if she wants to give birth in Japan, this would not be a good option.

Your other option, as you say, is the CR-1. Get married now ()or later in Japan, as you wish), have her leave when her visa is up, and apply for the CR-2 as soon as you are married. It will take about 6-8 months to get the visa, so she will give birth in Japan, but the baby will be a US citizen through you.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Why would you choose to miss the rest of her pregnancy & the birth of your first child?

Don't let her leave, as soon as you're married file for her Adjustment of Status, she'll be able to remain legally in the US while the application is adjudicated. Just remember she can't leave until she get her Greencard or AP but only use AP if there is no overstay.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Both the above posters are correct :thumbs:

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Yep yep yep, here is the guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

Get married, do this, and she stays in the US with you.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.