enzocute

Sputum Test in St. lukes Walkthrough

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ members,

I would like to ask anyone here who will undergo or went through sputum test in St. lukes and I will appreciate if you can share your own experiences that will help me in this process.

My sputum test schedule this coming Oct. 11, 12 & 13 because they have one finding on my right apex lung line fibrosis (something like that) and feel so sad but need to stay positive that everything will be fine..

I will wait for your responses...Thank you in advance!!

Edited by bhebe

Eligibility Criteria: 3 yrs. based on Marriage
Field Office: Phoenix

02/18/14- Mailed my N-400 packet
02/19/14- Delivered to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox
02/24/14- Received Email Notification
02/24/14- Check Cashed
02/28/14- Received NOA in the mail (Notice Date: Feb. 21, 2014)
03/07/14- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (Notice Date: Feb. 28, 2014)
03/13/14- Biometrics Appointment (Done)
04/16/14- In line for Interview Scheduling
04/30/14- Received email notification for interview schedule.
05/06/14- Received Interview Letter in the mail. (Notice Date: April 30, 2014)
06/09/14- Interview Date- Passed! :)
06/13/14- Received email notification that my application was placed for Oath Scheduling que.
06/18/14- Received email notification that I was scheduled for Oath Ceremony and they sent letter by mail for the details
06/23/14- Received Oath Ceremony Letter/Notice by mail
07/04/14- Oath Taking/Ceremony
07/04/14- U.S. Passport Application (Expedite/Overnight Delivery)
07/13/14- Received Email Notification that my Passsport has printed and for delivery.
07/15/14- Received US Passport

Timeline

Im very happy to know some information shared by my VJ friend (Kikay) who went on this sputum test. After 1 day worrying & crying because of the result of my medical in St.lukes, now I have sore throat & cough so I'm very anxious that it might affect the result of my sputum exam next next week. Here's the info's from Kikay and I want to share to everyone and it might help us to know the process. Anyone can share your experiences in this forum too. :thumbs:

1. SLEC will schedule you 3 consecutive days for sputum collection every morning at 6:00-8:30 AM. (No food intake night before your sputum collection and in the morning too,drink alot of water, bring toothbrush & toothpaste, no lipstick for women)

2. RESULT 3DAYS SPUTUM TEST- on the day after the collection of the third sputum. This would depend on the volume of work they have. Sometimes, it would take 2-3 days after the third day before you go back for the result.

3.On the third day, you will be given a piece of paper that states the date and time that you'll go back for the PULMONARY EVALUATION. Here, you will get your 3-day sputum smear result. If you are positive, you will be asked to start with treatment. If negative, the doctor will give you further instructions, if any. Then the nurse will give you another piece of paper for the date, time, and phone number for you to call them for the sputum culture result (you need to call them FIRST before you go there).

4.Based on Kikay's experience; Her 8th week culture will end on Oct. 6, and they asked her to call for the result on Oct. 8. Based on the posts here on VJ, SLMEC usually sets the vaccination date and interview date within the following week (latest would be two weeks after the result).

5. As for some whose experiencing throat infection/cough (like me), some bacteria might appear in your sputum smear BUT of course they will NOT be TB. Med techs can accurately identify different kids of bacteria, so don't worry about it. I've read of some cases, though, that short-term antibiotic therapy (around 7-14 days) was prescribed because of the infection. In general, don't worry about your sore throat/cough because they will not misread it as TB.

**I WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE & TIL' I SHARE MY OWN EXPERIENCE**

Edited by bhebe

02/24/14- Check Cashed
06/13/14- Received email notification that my application was placed for Oath Scheduling que.
06/18/14- Received email notification that I was scheduled for Oath Ceremony and they sent letter by mail for the details
07/13/14- Received Email Notification that my Passsport has printed and for delivery.

There's a a bunch of threads on this topic in the Philippine discussion board.

Hope your test goes well.

Im very happy to know some information shared by my VJ friend (Kikay) who went on this sputum test. After 1 day worrying & crying because of the result of my medical in St.lukes, now I have sore throat & cough so I'm very anxious that it might affect the result of my sputum exam next next week. Here's the info's from Kikay and I want to share to everyone and it might help us to know the process. Anyone can share your experiences in this forum too. :thumbs:

1. SLEC will schedule you 3 consecutive days for sputum collection every morning at 6:00-8:30 AM. (No food intake night before your sputum collection and in the morning too,drink alot of water, bring toothbrush & toothpaste, no lipstick for women)

2. RESULT 3DAYS SPUTUM TEST- on the day after the collection of the third sputum. This would depend on the volume of work they have. Sometimes, it would take 2-3 days after the third day before you go back for the result.

3.On the third day, you will be given a piece of paper that states the date and time that you'll go back for the PULMONARY EVALUATION. Here, you will get your 3-day sputum smear result. If you are positive, you will be asked to start with treatment. If negative, the doctor will give you further instructions, if any. Then the nurse will give you another piece of paper for the date, time, and phone number for you to call them for the sputum culture result (you need to call them FIRST before you go there).

4.Based on Kikay's experience; Her 8th week culture will end on Oct. 6, and they asked her to call for the result on Oct. 8. Based on the posts here on VJ, SLMEC usually sets the vaccination date and interview date within the following week (latest would be two weeks after the result).

5. As for some whose experiencing throat infection/cough (like me), some bacteria might appear in your sputum smear BUT of course they will NOT be TB. Med techs can accurately identify different kids of bacteria, so don't worry about it. I've read of some cases, though, that short-term antibiotic therapy (around 7-14 days) was prescribed because of the infection. In general, don't worry about your sore throat/cough because they will not misread it as TB.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

I think Kikay accurately described most of the process.

However, I'm not sure you would start TB treatment if your smear test was positive. I think a two-month culture is always completed before any TB treatment starts.

I have not heard of anyone here on VJ who started TB treatment at St. Lukes when their smear test was positive.

You might want to post this thread in the Philippines forum so that others can chime in.

Also, keep in mind that less than one percent of the people who go through the medical at St. Lukes actually have TB and must undergo the six-month treatment.

Good luck!!! :star:

Timeline

I think Kikay accurately described most of the process.

However, I'm not sure you would start TB treatment if your smear test was positive. I think a two-month culture is always completed before any TB treatment starts.

I have not heard of anyone here on VJ who started TB treatment at St. Lukes when their smear test was positive.

You might want to post this thread in the Philippines forum so that others can chime in.

Also, keep in mind that less than one percent of the people who go through the medical at St. Lukes actually have TB and must undergo the six-month treatment.

Good luck!!! :star:

Thank you so much for your comment!! Actually I have been reading & searching forums about this kind of topic but what I have noticed its not step by step on how they do the process. So I'm getting info pieces by pieces in each topic.

I will take note your correction/ addition to my fisrt post which really help me & other members that will experience like this sputum test. (How i wish no one so everybody is happy :dance:)

02/24/14- Check Cashed

Timeline

**Updated as of 02 october 2010**

3.On the third day, you will be given a piece of paper that states the date and time that you'll go back for the PULMONARY EVALUATION. Here, you will get your 3-day sputum smear result. If you are positive, you will be asked to start with treatment or (Other info: a two-month culture is always completed before any TB treatment starts.)

If negative, the doctor will give you further instructions, if any. Then the nurse will give you another piece of paper for the date, time, and phone number for you to call them for the sputum culture result (you need to call them FIRST before you go there).

02/24/14- Check Cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.