SweetHome_Alabama

Has this happened to anyone?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello.....My hsuband was APPROVED for his visa on Mon Sept 27,2010...He was told at the interview to come on wednesday at 3pm to pick up his visa. It will be ready! They kept his passport too.

He gets a call back to bring his photos for visa that the Co Interviewer FORGOT to ask him for and the consulate told him to come early in the A.M. so he can still pick up his visa by 3 pm.....He gets there on Wednesday and waited all day and NO VISA....they tell him and about 14 others to come back TODAY Sept 30th and it will be ready.....so he gets there in the early morning and I am told he and the others waited in line all day from morning til 6pm in the hot sun....they couldn't get near the consulate or entrance to ask about visa but consulate sent a man out to tell them all still no visa and come back a THIRD time,lol....which is tomorrow and Friday...no apologies and no explainations....no personal phone calls telling of the delays! Now his boss is very upset and told my husband if he doesn't want to work and missing, they will let him go...so he was torn between going again to Casa or go to work.....I advised him to go to work and try again next week to not make another wasted trip.......in talking with my husband about this issue tonight, I found out the interviewer also FORGOT to give him any slip of paper for approval, denial, or Ap...all the others waiting with him had green approved slips. Another man in line who was told he was approved was told he needed to bring back tax records or AOS which was a C-1 case too...Now my husbnad is worried they will tell him this too since ours were turned in at NVC stage and the interviewer did not ask for another copy or our AOS or 2007-2009 tax transcripts the day of........why can't the consulate tell our loved ones "we will call you when your visa is ready"...what is going on with this??? Has anyone ever had this problem with Morocco consulate who might can shed some light and give me advise or answers...i tried calling NVC and the operator said he did not have results in their computer since our case left NVC....Do I contact the Department of state? I know calling the consulate we may not get them tro answer and my husband did call consulate before going and they told several of these men to come and everything is ok and they travel these hrs and waste money (qwhich most don't have to begin with) and they get to casa and no VISA. My husband is now sick from the sun and very very upset and felt they were treated like animals and never told them I am sorry and he may be losing his job tomorrow over this absence.....what would you advise us to do in this situation?wait it out and let them contact him whenever???

Edited by SweetHome_Alabama

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

wow. Suggest you call DoS Hotline (# in my profile), get a Human, inquire for case status.

ALSO ASK -

is the case in AP (Additional / Administrative Processing) or not?

Are there further namechecks to complete, or not ?

----

Sorry I wasn't able to answer yer question directly,

but

DoS Hotline knows current case status - you should call them .

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thank you Darnell...I will definately call the DOS hotline tomorrow and speak with someone in the office.

He knows he was approved cause another guy in line was approved the same day and each time told to come back the next day. The CO just forgot to give him any slip which he may need to pick up his visa. I sent the Embassy an e-mail with hopes we can resolve this soon. He and I have had the WORST luck with our immigration process, so if it is going to happen... should know it will happen to us,

Thanks again...Lisa

Edited by SweetHome_Alabama

Timeline

Fianally I was able to talk to someone after several attempts at the Consulate and the lady looked up our case number. She said his visa is now ready for pick-up that they had some delays the last couple of days..Their office is now closed so he can come Monday at 3 to pick it up. I told her about no green slip for approval and she said it's ok, he will not have to have it. He can just show his ID card. She assured me that the Visa is definately there today.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Fianally I was able to talk to someone after several attempts at the Consulate and the lady looked up our case number. She said his visa is now ready for pick-up that they had some delays the last couple of days..Their office is now closed so he can come Monday at 3 to pick it up. I told her about no green slip for approval and she said it's ok, he will not have to have it. He can just show his ID card. She assured me that the Visa is definately there today.

That's good news! Congratulations!

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.