yumbear20

K1 Visa Help

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I am a US Citizen who just moved from the Philippines to Texas 7 mos. ago. My fiance and I got engaged last January 2010 and my plan is to do a k1 fiance visa. I just got a job as a sales associate and get paid $9.50/hr and work 28 hours a week. I have only been working a month. I currently live with my aunt and uncle here in Texas.

I did the math and my salary does not meet the standards of the 125% poverty line, plus I still am

residing with my aunt and uncle. Does this mean I need a sponsor?

Do I need a I-864 affidavit of support? Are they strict with k1 visas for Philippines? Guys I really need

some advice. HOpe someone can help me.

In your circumstance I don’t think a co sponsor(s) will help you over come your lack of income to meet the PG level. USEM is tuff on K-1 co sponsor(s). Get your income up. K-1 I-134

Good Luck

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

try to get another or additional job as possible for u to make it. as i know co sponsor is not allowed here in the Philippines other than Immediate relative anyway it will take time for u to gather more income since u never filed yet ur K1 application. I-134 is only needed during the interview which is far away from the time u filed ur case (5-6months or more depends on ur approval date and scheduling of ur interview)maybe at that time u need ur W2 and affidavit of support u have a good income u never know by the time ur fiancee got her schedule u already have a job which is above the poverty line(125%)dont be in a rush to file a k1 as long as u love each other no matter what happen at the end u and her will be together forever ( dont u know the key here in filing for K1 is patience thats the most important here) . in our case it took 2 yrs and half b4 we decide to file the petition and better too in our relationship because we know each others very well and im proud to say that our relationship is much more stronger because were closer to 3yrs already.always pray and ask for guidance he wont turn u down Godbless :D

Edited by randy and ana

There are no set rules on USEM allowing or disallowing the use of co sponsors for K1's. It's all up to the CO and the luck of the draw. It does seem they allow immediate family members more often to co sponsor than those that try to use someone outside the immediate family.

Does happen tho.

Sucks USEM doesn't have a set policy! I've seen K1 beneficiaries who are nurses or have a occupation with good earning potential get approved when the petitioner didn't qualify finacially and without a cosponsor!

CO's have more power than GOD for 5 or 10 minutes.!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

try to get another or additional job as possible for u to make it. as i know co sponsor is not allowed here in the Philippines other than Immediate relative anyway it will take time for u to gather more income since u never filed yet ur K1 application. I-134 is only needed during the interview which is far away from the time u filed ur case (5-6months or more depends on ur approval date and scheduling of ur interview)maybe at that time u need ur W2 and affidavit of support u have a good income u never know by the time ur fiancee got her schedule u already have a job which is above the poverty line(125%)dont be in a rush to file a k1 as long as u love each other no matter what happen at the end u and her will be together forever ( dont u know the key here in filing for K1 is patience thats the most important here) . in our case it took 2 yrs and half b4 we decide to file the petition and better too in our relationship because we know each others very well and im proud to say that our relationship is much more stronger because were closer to 3yrs already.always pray and ask for guidance he wont turn u down Godbless :D

HI, thanks for replying I need all the advice that I can get. I haven't sent the I-129f form yet, do you think it would be smart to go ahead and send it and work on getting a better job or additional job in the process? I might be getting a better job soon just hoping for the best.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

By the way, if you have a lot of savings, you could be ok being the sole sponsor... I think I read that somewhere wither in the guides on here or on the USCIS website or in the instructions for the I-134...

Hopefully I read that right, look it up...

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

HI, thanks for replying I need all the advice that I can get. I haven't sent the I-129f form yet, do you think it would be smart to go ahead and send it and work on getting a better job or additional job in the process? I might be getting a better job soon just hoping for the best.

Work on a better job, then work on the petition!

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.