chinausa

125% poverty line again!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys

just a quick question.

the 125 % Poverty line of 1 family unit is $13,538 annually, is that right? you have to make at least $13,538 ANNUALLY or monthly??

my co-sponsor makes over $200,000 annually, and over $100,000 in savings, with 2 dependents in his household and a wife. is that enough? pass the 125% poverty line?

confused.

thanks

XH

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi guys

just a quick question.

the 125 % Poverty line of 1 family unit is $13,538 annually, is that right? you have to make at least $13,538 ANNUALLY or monthly??

my co-sponsor makes over $200,000 annually, and over $100,000 in savings, with 2 dependents in his household and a wife. is that enough? pass the 125% poverty line?

confused.

thanks

XH

It may be correct for a family of one, but a K1 visa would never be a family of ONE. It is always at least a family of TWO.

Your co-sponsor has no problems. Fortunately, we are not yet at the point when you need to make $13,000 per MONTH in order not to be impoverished...but the government is working day and night to correct that.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi guys

just a quick question.

confused.

thanks

XH

For a family of 4 (includes you) required income would be $27,562.00 see this link http://www.loveme.com/fiancee-visa/K-1-visa.shtml

Its plenty, that's great!

Good Luck!

zYrgm4.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi guys

just a quick question.

confused.

thanks

XH

Please refer to the I-864P. It is very easy to read and explains the annual income reqirements. I-864P

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

For a family of 4 (includes you) required income would be $27,562.00 see this link http://www.loveme.com/fiancee-visa/K-1-visa.shtml

Its plenty, that's great!

Good Luck!

zYrgm4.png

(sigh)

US citizen petitioners are NEVER counted as dependents of co-sponsors. The petitioner is ALWAYS the "sponsor". In this case the SPONSORS family size is TWO and the co-sponsors family size id FOUR. He does not count his wife, an adult US citizen that is not a dependent, but he would count himself (1), the fiancee (2) and the "two dependents" (I presume his children) (3&4) His income is enough for a family the size of a light mechanized division of the army, so that is not problem anyway.

But just to be clear...

1. Co-sponsors do not count petitioners/sponsors and

2. do not count adult US citizens (unless they are disabled and claimed as such on taxes)

Gary And Alla

Timeline

(sigh)

US citizen petitioners are NEVER counted as dependents of co-sponsors. The petitioner is ALWAYS the "sponsor". In this case the SPONSORS family size is TWO and the co-sponsors family size id FOUR. He does not count his wife, an adult US citizen that is not a dependent, but he would count himself (1), the fiancee (2) and the "two dependents" (I presume his children) (3&4) His income is enough for a family the size of a light mechanized division of the army, so that is not problem anyway.

But just to be clear...

1. Co-sponsors do not count petitioners/sponsors and

2. do not count adult US citizens (unless they are disabled and claimed as such on taxes)

So, i'm confused now...i read that chart on the link i posted, i'm the sponsor but i must have told my co-sponsor wrong...cuz i thought the co-sponsor had to include all people they are supporting including the beneficiary to figure out the 125 percent poverty level. What is the $ amount if it's 2 people in a household that will be the co-sponsor's?

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So, i'm confused now...i read that chart on the link i posted, i'm the sponsor but i must have told my co-sponsor wrong...cuz i thought the co-sponsor had to include all people they are supporting including the beneficiary to figure out the 125 percent poverty level. What is the $ amount if it's 2 people in a household that will be the co-sponsor's?

The cosponsor counts all of their dependents plus any immigrants that they are sponsoring in the household count. Just follow the I-864 directions for Part 5, Q 21 to determine the household size.

The US Citizen petitioner would be not be in that count unless the cosponsor claimed the petitioner on their most recent (in this case 2009) federal tax return.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

The cosponsor counts all of their dependents plus any immigrants that they are sponsoring in the household count. Just follow the I-864 directions for Part 5, Q 21 to determine the household size.

The US Citizen petitioner would be not be in that count unless the cosponsor claimed the petitioner on their most recent (in this case 2009) federal tax return.

Thanks for that, I thought I had Given my co-sponsor the wrong info. Have a Good One!

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Since BOTH the sponsor (the petitioner is always the sponsor) and the co-sponsor submit an affidavit, the co-sponsor NEVER claims the sponsor. The sponsor is covered by his own affidvit. UNLESS the sponsor is disabled, lives with the co-sponsor and is claimed as a dependent on the co-sponsors income tax...but now we are getting pretty far out in left field. Because the sponosr and co-sponsor would not be held jointly liable for any benefits received by the immigrant (they will go after first the sponsor, then the co-sponsor, but not both at once) they must BOTH claim the immigrant as a dependent. In no other case ia any person "counted" twice. The purpose of this is to have a person to collect against if the immigrant seeks welfare benefits. The sponsor...US citizen, is able to receive welfare beneftis at any time, they do not have to collect against benefits for a citizen.

A US citizen spouse is not a dependent, they are presumed capable of providing their own support. UNLESS, again, they are diabled and counted as a dependent on tax returns. Check a tax return, your SPOUSE is not a dependent, they may be a "joint" filer, but they are not a dependent.

Unemanicipated minor children of either a sponsor or Co[sponsor are ALWAYS counted, no matter where they live, who has custody of them, who claims them for tax purposes and whether or not child support is paid. Unless they are over age 18 and emancipated they ARE dependents.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure what the OP means by a 1 family unit? but a 2 person family 125% is $18,212.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Not sure what the OP means by a 1 family unit? but a 2 person family 125% is $18,212.

"Unit" is sometimes used as a slang term for "#######". But...nah, I doubt it, because $13,500 for a ####### is kinda expensive. That sounds more like a two person "unit".

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.