floridadave

How do I end the K-1 process

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Well, it did not work out. Her interview is the 27th this month. I do I cancel the K-1? Too late to send mail. How to do? Email?

Note:  I am the U.S. citizen sponsor.  All info below applies to my immigrant wife.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I-130 (CR1)

April 13, 2011: Married in China.
February 2, 2012: Interview 09:30 a.m. APPROVED!!!
March 2, 2012: POE JFK
March 17, 2012: Received SSN card.
April 5, 2012: 2-yr Green Card in hand

I-751 (ROC)

December 15, 2013: I-751 mailed to USCIS

June 9, 2014: ROC Approved per I-797C received 6-13-2014

June 17, 2014: New 10-yr Green Card in hand!

N-400
March 29, 2017:  N-400 mailed to USCIS
March 31, 2017: N-400 Received by USCIS per I-797C
April 27, 2017:  Biometrics completed
September 23, 2017:  Received I-797C for interview!

October 24, 2017:  Interview, passed all tests but "decision cannot yet be made"

October 30, 2017:  Received email that Oath ceremony has been scheduled, letter to follow with date and other info. 

USCIS case status updated w/same message as email.

November 2, 2017:  Oath ceremony letter received scheduled for Nov. 7, 2017.

November 7, 2017:  Oath Ceremony, Certificate of U.S. Naturalization in hand!!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Timeline

This is hard on me. I've been up all night arguing with her. I can not marry this lady for reasons I really rather not say. But she is virtually begging me to let her come to at least visit, then return to China. Some how I seem to recall that this could be dangerous as she can set me up for an abuse thing. Any advice? Thanks.

Note:  I am the U.S. citizen sponsor.  All info below applies to my immigrant wife.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I-130 (CR1)

I-751 (ROC)

N-400

October 24, 2017:  Interview, passed all tests but "decision cannot yet be made"

October 30, 2017:  Received email that Oath ceremony has been scheduled, letter to follow with date and other info. 

________________________________________________________________________________________

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Well, it did not work out. Her interview is the 27th this month. I do I cancel the K-1? Too late to send mail. How to do? Email?

Yes you can email the consulate and let them know you will no longer be sponsoring her. You should also do it in writing.

Visiting her in her home country is fine. It's when you get her here the troubles may start. If you want to postpone it it's up to you, bear in mind though if you cancel it now, she will need to start from the start again if you change your mind while visiting her. Unless you're able to fly there in the next couple of days before the interview to find out "for sure" then I would pull it.

If you wait till she's approved she arrives on the K1. She needs you to AOS, or she can claim you abused her and apply for VAWA (once you're married). Whether you let it go through till she comes to you, you try and get to her before the interview is your call.

Good luck! I'm sorry this is happening to you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

coupla things to do, do withdraw -

1. email GUZ IV - see http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

2. Contact the Fraud Prevention Unit at GUZ IV - they actually are 'the fastest' for getting interviews cancelled - see http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fraud_prevention_unit.html suggest both email and fax

3. Contact NVC and DoS Hotlines (cause you can get a Human, here), and talk with a Human - just be to certain you've covered all the bases - see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/264972-shortcuts-when-checking-for-updates-from-the-nvc-and-dos/ for the numbers, how to call.

Good Luck, whatever you decide to do.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Good Luck, whatever you decide to do.

Well, call me crazy, but I believe in miracles. I decided to not cancel. I leave it up to her to visit or stay home. If she stays home and not come, then the K-1 dies on it's own at GUZ, yes?

I-130 (CR1)

I-751 (ROC)

N-400

Timeline

Bite the bullet and cancel. K-1 does not die on its own, it lingers and could damage your future.

Thank you for the info. She said she will come (assuming she gets pink). I'll go from there. She sacrificed a lot to come here, and I owe her this much. Like I said, I believe in miracles. 90 days is a long time. Wish me luck. This story can still have a happy ending.

Edited by FloridaDave

I-130 (CR1)

I-751 (ROC)

N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thank you for the info. She said she will come (assuming she gets pink). I'll go from there. She sacrificed a lot to come here, and I owe her this much. Like I said, I believe in miracles. 90 days is a long time. Wish me luck. This story can still have a happy ending.

Still Hopeful,

Just be careful, I was in the same boat as you in 1994 and I brought her here. She made my life hell for 2 1/2 years and then she left me. She put me $120,000 in debt during that time and then tried to take one of my rentals in the divorce. Which she wanted me to wait on. Because she hadn't gotten her Citizenship yet. She got Permanent Resident statis from me, but had to wait to get her Citizenship. I should have kicked her back onto the plane back to Peru on the day I met her at the airport.As stated in a post above, it only gets worse when they get here, not better. If you are fighting now, it will be War when she gets here. So if you are fighting now, don't sponsor her. You will be sorry. Bill

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Still Hopeful.

Your post has been edited twice. Once by "endoftheroad" who said "broken"

Another by "floridadave" who said "i can not marry this lady". Maybe I'm

to old and not seeing things right but looks to me your 3 in the same.

How can each post be edited? Listen and learn, myself along with many

in this China forum are real. All you have to be is real also and our

knowledge over the years we will give to you freely. You wish to pin

a tail on a donkey you will dang sure find out the best way. All 3 of u.

If i am wrong please correct me, for gods sake i pray i am wrong.

Timeline

1. endoftheroad has a 'sig area' that only says 'broken' in it ..

2. floridadave changed his visual name to 'still hopeful' - so is still same member, ya - he did that edit - no worries at all.

3. 'endoftheroad' member is NOT 'still hopeful' member- i betcha 200 cases of yer favorite beer.

HTH ?!

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks for all the input. "Intent"(as in intent to marry) can be varied by circumstance . Although she will be here (assuming pink), I will certainly keep in mind everyone's advice and I will be vigilant. I've got 90 days. Rejecting someone who has sacrificed so much to be here is a serious matter , and I must make sure the relational red flags are indeed red. Through frustration I know I said "I can not marry," however, that was emotion speaking and does not reflect a permanent change of intent.

I got 90 days and I will be careful not to set myself up for some of the miseries others on this board have suffered.

Thanks

I-130 (CR1)

I-751 (ROC)

N-400

Timeline

I wish you the best of luck and hope for a happy life. No relationship is perfect, but the one thing I have learned is that it is 50/50, every problem should have a solution before you lay your head on the pillow each night. I didn't say solved, but if you are both loving and both communicating, then this will just happen. If you are both willing to work towards a mutual happiness, then give it all your fight. If it is one-sided, then eventually emotions will pull things down in ruins. All we can do as members is give advice, but ultimately it is in your heart and reason as to what is best for your path. Good luck!! :thumbs:

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Timeline

With the interview date 'getting so close', looming in the near-horizon -

it may be that the two of you are getting a serious case of 'nerves'.

If there was any 'love' mentioned, prior , then I think you two still have a chance.

Sure, either of you can change yer mind, even after arrival into the USA - but

if it's 'nerves' - hey - this stuff settles down when yer face to face again.

Don't forget, after visa approval, she still has 6 months to actually come into the USA...

Hang in there !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

K1 is not for visiting.

B2 is for visiting.

Seems likely this will end in tears.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Boiler - hard to say - 'emotions' from a Chinese Woman are not comparable to any other ethnic group, especially when hysteria is settling in.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.