Gothika

Passport & POE

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone knows at the K-I interview whether the CO has the passport of the fiancee in hand when they conduct the interview? Also,Do they take the fiancee to a side separte at the point of entry for questioning or just the routine questions at those gates they ask about marriage?

Thnak you!

You may want to update your profile to include your fiancee's country of origin, as well as your timeline and where you are in the process so that other VJ members who have been in the process can be able to help answer your questions better.

Does anyone knows at the K-I interview whether the CO has the passport of the fiancee in hand when they conduct the interview? Also,Do they take the fiancee to a side separte at the point of entry for questioning or just the routine questions at those gates they ask about marriage?

Thnak you!

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

You may want to update your profile to include your fiancee's country of origin, as well as your timeline and where you are in the process so that other VJ members who have been in the process can be able to help answer your questions better.

Thank you. I just added my time line and the embassy info.

You may want to include Sophie's country of origin on your profile (Argentina, is it?)

There are also Regional Discussion forums so you guys can get location specific information as your case requires.

Thank you. I just added my time line and the embassy info.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Does anyone knows at the K-I interview whether the CO has the passport of the fiancee in hand when they conduct the interview?

Their passport is given to the Embassy; the CO may have it in hand or they may not. They don't need that to conduct the interview.

\ Also,Do they take the fiancee to a side separte at the point of entry for questioning or just the routine questions at those gates they ask about marriage?

Usually they are not taken to a separate room unless their is a problem with the visa or they look suspicious or have a previous record in the USCIS computers. Usually they are told about the 90 days to marry requirement but usually do not ask questions.

Thnak you!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.