TBenjamin

Montreal Interview-Upcoming

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We have our interview coming up and have two questions:

1. What is needed for proof of domicile in the US?

2. Is the bank letter and employment letter enough for the evidence of support?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Was your I-129F filed in the US? I don't think you need proof of domocile if you do. We were never asked for it. But we had some utility/bank statements with my address on it just to be safe, and a copy of my driver's license.

For support, I think they prefer tax returns. I had a bank letter, employement letter and my last 3 years of tax returns. They were only interested in my last year's (2009) return.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When they say proof of domicile they just mean a copy of the usc's passport and drivers licence. that was all that was required for out K1, i mean you can't file it if the usc is not living in the usa. lol.

bank letter, a employment letter are good, did you have or can you get IRS transcripts for the last year? i brought the last 3 years, and also the last 6 months of pay stubs.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just over do it. Bring as much proof of domicile as you can. Our NVC application got an RFE for it. Part of the reason was because my wife has been living in Canada with me the last 4 years so she did not have any w2's from the past year. We needed to proved she had moved back to the US so we sent in a utility bill, rental agreement and job letter.

I agree with philandjulie

I'm bringing anything and everything even though the application is mailed within the U.S.A.

We are bringing

voter registration

rental agreements

Bills etc

MVA stuff

If i think of it, i will bring it. You just don't know if the interviewer will ask...... Some have been lucky in that they were not asked for it, but i've read some who were asked for it. ( K1's )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Proof of Domicile is not technically required at the K1 interview stage. Since you have to be living in the US to petition for a K1 visa, they likely won't ask for anything. Your passport, job, bank account etc. are all things you can use that will show obvious domicile.

IR-1/CR-1 Visas are a whole other ball game and are often asked to prove domicile.

I wouldn't worry too much about it if you are K1.

For prrof of support, we used a bank letter, employer letter and also brought in pay stubs and the previous years tax slip. That was it and we were fine. If you are well above the required amount of income, you should be fine with that info.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was under the impression that you didn't need to be living in the US in order to file for K1...they even give a different address to mail to form to if you aren't using USPS. Now I am confused again. I am living in Canada, do I need to mail it from the US?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was under the impression that you didn't need to be living in the US in order to file for K1...they even give a different address to mail to form to if you aren't using USPS. Now I am confused again. I am living in Canada, do I need to mail it from the US?

The US citizen files the I-129F.

If you live in Canada, and you are the US citizen. You must have proof of domicile in the USA at the interview. If not no visa will be issued until the proof is handed over to the embassy. Proof of domicile for US citizens living in Canada is a HUGE issue, the embassy does not take it lightly. There have been many sad storys about it on the Canada section. So much so that there is a Domicile pinned topic.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.