Morris

QUESTION!

5 posts in this topic

That depends on your age and your marital status...you may want to provide more information so the other members can give you the correct response. :)

hi guys...my dad is jamaican but he migrated 15 years ago to the US and got his citizenship..and now he's filing for me.

my question is..which category am i in?? :help:

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That depends on your age and your marital status...you may want to provide more information so the other members can give you the correct response. :)

Oh shud av thought abt tht

Am 18 and am not Married..single :help:

Then that would make you an IR-2. :)

Here are some links that may help:

VJ Guide on US Citizen Petitioning their Children: http://www.visajourney.com/content/childpet

US Department of State Family Based Immigrants link: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1306.html

You would be better served posting any questions you have on the process in the forum named: Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America :)

Good luck with your journey!

Oh shud av thought abt tht

Am 18 and am not Married..single :help:

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Then that would make you an IR-2. :)

Here are some links that may help:

VJ Guide on US Citizen Petitioning their Children: http://www.visajourney.com/content/childpet

US Department of State Family Based Immigrants link: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1306.html

You would be better served posting any questions you have on the process in the forum named: Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America :)

Good luck with your journey!

thanx soo much! i was mixin up IR-2 and FB-1 categories...i thought i was in fb-1 category but am glad that i am in the IR-2 as i think it is better>>> thanx agen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.