iceyspots

Yay! Friday

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Icy.... have a great weekend!

Henia... the days pass by more quickly then think don't they? You must be excited.

This is too weird. I have been awake before my alarm every morning this week but one. I kind of like it actually. It's nice not to be startled awake. We will celebrate my teenager's birthday this weekend. I want to write more but my brains aren't quite awake yet...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow, 2 nights of good sleep.... I'm a happy camper! Kinda slow day at work today, but it'll be a nice one. Have a lovely Friday everyone!

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

One more week, and 2 hours and I will be picking my Hachemi up at the airport. I cant wait. :dance::dance::dance:

Yesterday I was mowing the yard and I almost ran over a little baby squirrel lying on the ground. I saw him and quickly stopped. I thought it was dead and I got off the mower and was looking at it and it moved. I thought, OMG it's alive. I looked up and the nest was at the top of a tall tree. I picked it up and it grabbed me and held on. I was heartbroken cause I thought it will die. I took it in the house and was holding it to my chest. It grabbed on to my shirt over my ####### and hung on as I walked around the house. :lol: I started to call vets to see if I could find a foster mother for squirrels. The first said they did not know of any but she said I could do it. I thought, Oh great!! She said come by the office and she would give me some syringes and formula to feed it. I called one more vet. I told the girl that answered the phone what happened. She said all of us that work here are nuts about little baby animals. She said bring it and between the 3 of us we will foster it. I thought Alhamdulillah. I was so afraid I would kill the little fellow. He was so small and his eyes were not open yet. I took him to the vet wrapped in a towel, in an easter basket. It was the only thing I could find to put him in. Anyway, there was some little kitties there. So I got rid of a baby squirrel and brought home a kitty. :yes: I told Hachemi I wanted an Arabic or Algerian name so he is trying to think of one. Here are some photos of the squirrel.

DSC_00005.jpg

DSC_00003.jpg

Edited by Meriem_setif

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I hate to butt in - but that is the CUTEST thing I have ever seen. Bless you for being so kind and taking care of it - many would have just moved on!!

Good luck!

oh and happy friday

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Meriem, if my husband knew you had a squirrel, he would just die. He loves those things and is determined to have one as a pet. I'm more in the kitty camp myself :luv:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Rahma - you could look into getting a sugar glider. THey are like squirrels. They are SOOOO cute. They are tiny and sweet and they eat sugar :) You give them fruit and jolly ranchers. I want one really badly but I'm pretty sure my cat would eat it.

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Rahma - you could look into getting a sugar glider. THey are like squirrels. They are SOOOO cute. They are tiny and sweet and they eat sugar :) You give them fruit and jolly ranchers. I want one really badly but I'm pretty sure my cat would eat it.

Are they hyper? When I've joked with my animal loving friend about getting a squirrel, she gets all wide eyes and warns me that they're like perpetual toddlers hyped up on sugar and caffine all the time.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Meriem, that is the cutest thing I've seen.... never saw a baby squirrel so tiny - bless you for taking care of it by finding someone who would feed & nurture it. Mabruk on the baby kitten too! Hachemi will be here soon!!!!!

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy Friday everyone! What a week! I'm so glad it's the weekend! :dance: I'm going salsa dancing tonight and hopefully I'll get home early enough to be able to wake up in the morning for work. I'm looking forward to Sunday so much! My husband and I decided to do an "International Day of the House!" That's where we stay in the house the whole day and watch movies and rest. But my dad is going to come over for dinner and my husband asked me to make B'stilla again so I guess I'll be cooking too. So much for a full day of rest!

I am hoping to leave work early today so I can do some shopping before I go dancing. It'll probably be slow enough that either I or the other girl will get sent home early. Hopefully it's me! If not I guess I could just do my shopping tomorrow. Well I better get back to work. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

One more week, and 2 hours and I will be picking my Hachemi up at the airport. I cant wait. :dance::dance::dance:

Yesterday I was mowing the yard and I almost ran over a little baby squirrel lying on the ground. I saw him and quickly stopped. I thought it was dead and I got off the mower and was looking at it and it moved. I thought, OMG it's alive. I looked up and the nest was at the top of a tall tree. I picked it up and it grabbed me and held on. I was heartbroken cause I thought it will die. I took it in the house and was holding it to my chest. It grabbed on to my shirt over my ####### and hung on as I walked around the house. :lol: I started to call vets to see if I could find a foster mother for squirrels. The first said they did not know of any but she said I could do it. I thought, Oh great!! She said come by the office and she would give me some syringes and formula to feed it. I called one more vet. I told the girl that answered the phone what happened. She said all of us that work here are nuts about little baby animals. She said bring it and between the 3 of us we will foster it. I thought Alhamdulillah. I was so afraid I would kill the little fellow. He was so small and his eyes were not open yet. I took him to the vet wrapped in a towel, in an easter basket. It was the only thing I could find to put him in. Anyway, there was some little kitties there. So I got rid of a baby squirrel and brought home a kitty. :yes: I told Hachemi I wanted an Arabic or Algerian name so he is trying to think of one. Here are some photos of the squirrel.

I just talked my husband into taking me to the SPCA tomorrow to find a kitten. I am so excited!

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Meriem your little squirrel looks just like my sisters flying squirrel. I know you're in the south so maybe it is :) Her little squirrel got flown here from Texas. Jen - if you're looking for a nice pet I LOVE her flying squirrel and I hate animals (sorry to all the lovers out there). She got it when it was young and you have to keep it with you a lot for the first few weeks so they can bond to you. (Like in a shirt pocket or a little pouch around your neck. They are so tame and cuddley. Even when they are full grown they don't weigh more than 1 pound and they don't carry any diseases because they weigh so little. They are nocturnal which can be sort of annoying but I don't think it's really that loud. And since your husband is set on a squirrel I highly recommend this one over the variety found outside of our homes!! So cute!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Timeline

DSC_00005.jpg

DSC_00003.jpg

Oh my god Meriem that baby squirrel is just precious!!! I would have kept him. A squirrel for a squirrel... I'm glad he'll be ok now. And congratulations on the new kitty. Please let me know what you and Hashemi name him.

Are they hyper? When I've joked with my animal loving friend about getting a squirrel, she gets all wide eyes and warns me that they're like perpetual toddlers hyped up on sugar and caffine all the time.

When I was a kid my mother had a pet chipmunk and he was a real first class hell raiser... lol. They just need exercise and a lot to do.

Geeeeeeeeeeez... my allergies have been so bad this week. I haven't been able to breathe through my nose at all and its been perpetually runny (ew) so I got fed up last night and took antihistamine/decongestant (the 24 hour variety) and now I'm just dried up but stoned out of my gourd. :wacko: One positive thing about it, the day is going by really fast basically because I don't even remember where the heck I am. I may be curled up under my desk snoring by noon. Someone wake me up at 4:30?

Meriem, if my husband knew you had a squirrel, he would just die. He loves those things and is determined to have one as a pet. I'm more in the kitty camp myself :luv:

my husband wants one too...so so so so bad...if anyone finds another baby squirrel..let me know

DSC_00005.jpg

DSC_00003.jpg

Oh my god Meriem that baby squirrel is just precious!!! I would have kept him. A squirrel for a squirrel... I'm glad he'll be ok now. And congratulations on the new kitty. Please let me know what you and Hashemi name him.

When I was a kid my mother had a pet chipmunk and he was a real first class hell raiser... lol. They just need exercise and a lot to do.

Geeeeeeeeeeez... my allergies have been so bad this week. I haven't been able to breathe through my nose at all and its been perpetually runny (ew) so I got fed up last night and took antihistamine/decongestant (the 24 hour variety) and now I'm just dried up but stoned out of my gourd. :wacko: One positive thing about it, the day is going by really fast basically because I don't even remember where the heck I am. I may be curled up under my desk snoring by noon. Someone wake me up at 4:30?

hahaha..i haven't taken anything for my sinuses and i may be right there with you snoring really soon..... I couldn't sleep last night to save my life! I layed in bed from 11:30 to around 3:30am wide eyed and bushy tailed...I kept thinking...if i just lay here and keep my eyes shut, at least my body will be resting a little bit.....*yawn* yeah, the floor is looking pretty good right now......

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

HAHA I don't know if they are hyper or not. THe few I've played with were sweet...they are prob expensive though :( oh well.

I want a dog but our cnodo doesn't have the room. My cat would be wicked jealous anyway

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.