Andy and Kayla

September 2010 K1 Filers

1,456 posts in this topic

Yeah, I read that about 'CSC 5 month hold' too. Hoping that either, the operator was giving out old info, becuase they have started to move spousal visa processing to Texas in order to clear the backlog, or that it shouldn't be affecting us in any way.

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Yeah, I read that about 'CSC 5 month hold' too. Hoping that either, the operator was giving out old info, becuase they have started to move spousal visa processing to Texas in order to clear the backlog, or that it shouldn't be affecting us in any way.

Ameribrit... I really hope that's not the case for VSC. Clearly, VSC is ahead of CSC which means we could still receive NOA2 sooner than February. But the news about CSC is just... I don't know? Maybe it's the right thing to say because at the end... the CSC filer from that thread called in November, which is well within the normal processing times. I wouldn't worry too much. We all know they have "5 months" written on USCIS.gov as normal processing times. So En&Em(if I got the name right) should have called if nothing would have happened in February 2011, but not now. What could the operator tell him other than what's on the website? They even suggest you shouldn't call if you're well within the 5 months mark. IMO... this is not something to worry about. And even that member who fears it will take 10 months is a bit crazy... Come on... :bonk:

Even if it's February, we only have 2 months and a half to wait 'cause this month is almost a half through. :D We just have to wait a 1/2 more... and February is right around the corner. Let's keep our strength. Yeah, I'm saying it but I cried today when I have seen the thread for the first time. :( Now I'm optimistic again. :D

Edited by Ella & Octav

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Shouldn't be a problem for those of us at Vermont (I would think). Looks like they, CSC, are sending petitions to Texas to be dealt with, so Vermont should still be on schedule (one would think).

Hopefully though this will cause all USCIS offices to put more people on K-1s and get them done sooner :P...one can hope.

I will be happier when we can see more august filers getting approved :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So En&Em(if I got the name right) should have called if nothing would have happened in February 2011, but not now. What could the operator tell him other than what's on the website? They even suggest you shouldn't call if you're well within the 5 months mark. IMO... this is not something to worry about. And even that member who fears it will take 10 months is a bit crazy... Come on... :bonk:

Even if it's February, we only have 2 months and a half to wait 'cause this month is almost a half through. :D We just have to wait a 1/2 more... and February is right around the corner. Let's keep our strength. Yeah, I'm saying it but I cried today when I have seen the thread for the first time. :( Now I'm optimistic again. :D

Just to be clear, I was not calling NCSC to request the status of my application at CSC. I read this site; I read the USCIS site; I know that I have no basis to request information about the timing of my application until a full five months after my NOA1.

I had a legitimate, independent reason to call.

Before I could even ask my question, however, the customer service rep said to me, your application is on a "five-month hold." I even said to her, I am not calling to find out the status of my application, but now that you provided that information, I have some questions. If you read my original posts, I try to explain this.

There also is a lot of speculation about whether the rep talked about the five-month processing goal or a five-month hold. I am very familiar with the CSC and VSC goals for processing I-129F applications. I was concerned that the rep was confused. But she clearly told me the application was on hold--several times as I tried to make sure.

Was the rep confused or choosing her words poorly? Perhaps. Was the rep's information about the hold basically the same as telling me the application would take the full five months? Probably, assuming that the NOA2s can come the same day as the application is actually reviewed (some previous posts have said it takes only 15 minutes to review the application).

Regardless, I shared the information the rep clearly told me and then I asked others on VJ for any similar information/experiences, to determine the validity of the information I received. At this point, most of the comments have been speculation that either I was confused or the rep was confused. I was not. The rep might have been.

Edited by En&Em

Timeline

I will be happier when we can see more august filers getting approved :thumbs:

Me too!! :dance: I can't wait! Cause that means our time is coming! ameribrit, I hope we can get it the same day, wouldn't it be niiiiice? :D

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Me too!! :dance: I can't wait! Cause that means our time is coming! ameribrit, I hope we can get it the same day, wouldn't it be niiiiice? :D

It sure would :yes: Keep on praying that NOA2 is not far away :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

2gsxvmz.png

Timeline

It sure would :yes: Keep on praying that NOA2 is not far away :thumbs:

I pray for our NOA2 every single day! :) Wow... I don't know what should we do. Maybe lowering down our expectations and expecting the max. number of days until approval? Who knows, maybe it comes sooner and it surprises us... veeeery pleasantly?! :P:thumbs:

Edited by Ella & Octav

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think i'd go nuts if I didn't hope every day for something. Idk, i'm the type that counts days. XD

08/31/10: Mailed I-129f package via Express USPS to Lewisville TX.

09/01/10: Forwarded to Dallas from Lewisville.

09/02/10: Delivered to USCIS and signed for by Ben Mcbride.

09/09/10: Check cashed!

09/11/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received, dated 09/03/10! & Touched!

09/13/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched!

02/28/22: NOA2

03/08/2011: NVC received

03/17/2011: London received

03/24/2011: Packet 3 received

05/25/11: Mailed part 1 of Packet 3

??/??/11: Mailed part 2 Packet 3

??/??/11: London logged packet 3

??/??/11: Medical

??/??/11: Interview

s-event.png

Timeline

I think i'd go nuts if I didn't hope every day for something. Idk, i'm the type that counts days. XD

You're not the only one! I have a calendar and I'm counting the days! Though I'm saying I'll be expecting NOA2 later, I'm checking our case status every single day! :innocent:

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

You're not the only one! I have a calendar and I'm counting the days! Though I'm saying I'll be expecting NOA2 later, I'm checking our case status every single day! :innocent:

me too me too! lol i have a desk top calander at work and each day of the rest of the year has a number on it...we are at 64...the silly things we do to occupy our minds really hope we get to stop counting soon :)

July 24,2010- Nigel proposed!!

September 1, 2010- posted the k-1 (lewisville address)

September 3, 2010 - forwarded to dallas

September 6, 2010- recieved in dallas

September 7, 2010 - forwarded to vermont service center

September 8, 2010- offical date of NOA1

September 9, 2010- text and email alerts 2:30 a.m.!!! but worth being woke up to

September 10, 2010 check cashed

October 3, 2010- joined VJ going bonkers waiting....

March 4, 2011 NOA2 after a long 177 days waiting ( no text email or onliine update.. still says in review)

March 10, 2011 NVC received and issued LND#

March 12, 2011 NOA2 hard copy received

March 17, 2011 we are at London.. packet 3 sent out

March 18, 2011 packet 3 sent back to London

March 22,2011 MRV-paid

April 1, 2011 Medical

April 15, 2011 Interview- Approved! orignal interview date May 13 requested to move forward received less than a days notice.

See timeline for Aos details....

GRRRR Darn Skype has decided that it is not going to work on my laptop any more. Technology...... Great when it is working, a headache when it's not.

Sorry, had to vent...... Just need to be together already, and stop having to rely on the computer to be able to see and speak to one another.

ROC Timeline

2gsxvmz.png

GRRRR Darn Skype has decided that it is not going to work on my laptop any more. Technology...... Great when it is working, a headache when it's not.

Sorry, had to vent...... Just need to be together already, and stop having to rely on the computer to be able to see and speak to one another.

we use oovoo LOVE it!!! it pretty much stays connected 24/7 every night he sleeps by my side saddos I know lol at least I get to fall asleep to the sound of his snore haha.... well not tonight his phone line isnt working in his neighborhood and we have only spoke a few times via cell phone and it sucks!!! :( first night in ages we havent seen each other boooo distance sucks! now my rant is over lol... you should give oovoo a try

July 24,2010- Nigel proposed!!

September 1, 2010- posted the k-1 (lewisville address)

September 3, 2010 - forwarded to dallas

September 6, 2010- recieved in dallas

September 7, 2010 - forwarded to vermont service center

September 8, 2010- offical date of NOA1

September 9, 2010- text and email alerts 2:30 a.m.!!! but worth being woke up to

September 10, 2010 check cashed

October 3, 2010- joined VJ going bonkers waiting....

March 4, 2011 NOA2 after a long 177 days waiting ( no text email or onliine update.. still says in review)

March 10, 2011 NVC received and issued LND#

March 12, 2011 NOA2 hard copy received

March 17, 2011 we are at London.. packet 3 sent out

March 18, 2011 packet 3 sent back to London

March 22,2011 MRV-paid

April 1, 2011 Medical

April 15, 2011 Interview- Approved! orignal interview date May 13 requested to move forward received less than a days notice.

See timeline for Aos details....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

O: I never heard of oovoo before. Skype really lags for us most of the time, we've had to start using my ventrillo server to mic half the time now.

08/31/10: Mailed I-129f package via Express USPS to Lewisville TX.

09/01/10: Forwarded to Dallas from Lewisville.

09/02/10: Delivered to USCIS and signed for by Ben Mcbride.

09/09/10: Check cashed!

09/11/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received, dated 09/03/10! & Touched!

09/13/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched!

02/28/22: NOA2

03/08/2011: NVC received

03/17/2011: London received

03/24/2011: Packet 3 received

05/25/11: Mailed part 1 of Packet 3

??/??/11: Mailed part 2 Packet 3

??/??/11: London logged packet 3

??/??/11: Medical

??/??/11: Interview

s-event.png

we use oovoo LOVE it!!! it pretty much stays connected 24/7 every night he sleeps by my side saddos I know lol at least I get to fall asleep to the sound of his snore haha.... well not tonight his phone line isnt working in his neighborhood and we have only spoke a few times via cell phone and it sucks!!! :( first night in ages we havent seen each other boooo distance sucks! now my rant is over lol... you should give oovoo a try

Thanks for that. We will give that a go, if i have no luck with getting Skype working.

And no, you are not saddos for sleeping with it on. Crystal and i used to do the very same thing, but the light from the screen was disturbing Crystals sleep to much (light sleeper) so we haven't done for a while now.

I hope Nigels phone line is working better today. It's times like this that you really feel the distance.

ROC Timeline

2gsxvmz.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.