adethony

Filing I-751

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm just wondering the below on ROC.

1. Is it 90 working days(Mon-Friday) or weekrnds inclusive?

2. What is the basis of ROC interview or who gets interviewed and who does not?

I just got my GC and want to start putting my evidence togesther so that i can be in good shape by then.

AOS & EAD Journey:

Date Filed : 2010-05-13

NOA Date : 2010-05-20

Bio. Appt. : 2010-06-25

Case transferred to California : 2010-06-11

Touched : 2010-06-25(AOS & EAD); 2010-06-28 (AOS & EAD);

2010-07-09(AOS only); 2010-07-10 (AOS ONLY);

EAD card production ordered : 2010-07-21

Touched: 2010-07-22(EAD ONLY)

EAD RECEIVED IN MAIL: 2010-07-30

GC APPROVED & PRODUCTION ORDERED: 2010-08-31

AOS TOUCHED: 2010-09-01 (2nd production notice)

2010-09-03(post decision activity)

2010-09-04(welcome letter received)

AOS TOUCHED: 2010-09-04

GC RECEIVED: 2010-09-07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ROC is a JOINT interview, husband and wife both have to attend, ROC is a joint petiton.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

It's 90 days. each and every day.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

ROC is a JOINT interview, husband and wife both have to attend, ROC is a joint petiton.

Thanks. What i want to know is some people are interviewed, some are not. What is used to determine those that will be interviewed and those that wont be interviewed.

AOS & EAD Journey:

Date Filed : 2010-05-13

NOA Date : 2010-05-20

Bio. Appt. : 2010-06-25

Case transferred to California : 2010-06-11

Touched : 2010-06-25(AOS & EAD); 2010-06-28 (AOS & EAD);

2010-07-09(AOS only); 2010-07-10 (AOS ONLY);

EAD card production ordered : 2010-07-21

Touched: 2010-07-22(EAD ONLY)

EAD RECEIVED IN MAIL: 2010-07-30

GC APPROVED & PRODUCTION ORDERED: 2010-08-31

AOS TOUCHED: 2010-09-01 (2nd production notice)

2010-09-03(post decision activity)

2010-09-04(welcome letter received)

AOS TOUCHED: 2010-09-04

GC RECEIVED: 2010-09-07

Thanks. What i want to know is some people are interviewed, some are not. What is used to determine those that will be interviewed and those that wont be interviewed.

It's like the lottery so do and some don't.

also depends on the strength of your case/evidence, if you there are any "red flags" in the system, things like that would make it more l likely (or less) that you will be asked to come in for an interview.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

also depends on the strength of your case/evidence, if you there are any "red flags" in the system, things like that would make it more l likely (or less) that you will be asked to come in for an interview.

I agree ..depends on the strength of your case/evidence...provide all of the information suggested here at VJ, also read what is required on the USCIS website. Do your research, provide more than enough evidence. In Addition: Letters from employers, banks, friends confirming relationship/marriage/insurance coverage. Even provide your marriage license. Although some would say not needed, pictures of you together in the USA on trips, with family and friends and write on the back of the photos who these people are and dates. All documents provided should prove, without question, your marriage relationship. Cards & letters from Family addressed to you both or to your spouse, like Birthday Cards. Complete & Accurate, without any discrepancies.

Note: JMHO

David & Jenny

Removing Conditions

5-24-2010 - Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center via USPS (receipt/signature required)

5-25-2010 - Delivered to Vermont Service Center & Signed For

6-1-2010 - I-751 Receipt Notice Received in Mail (dated 5/26/10)

*time Passed

7-30-2010 - Biometrics date: August 13, 2010

8-13-2010 - Biometrics Finished

*time passed

8-30-2010 - email received 'card production ordered'

8-31-2010 - touch (updated on uscis as approved)

9-4-2010 - Received 10yr Green Card ** Now we relax **

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, I wanted to ask a question if someone can please help. If the persons passport has expired along with their country's ID card, must these be renewed before sending and filing I-751, or can copies of expired ones be accepted? Thanks!

***Our personal time line***

04/27/2008 ~ We met

01/23/2009 ~ Sent I-129F

05/23/2009 ~ I-129F approved

07/09/2009 ~ His interview in Casa

07/24/2009 ~ Received Visa

08/12/2009 ~ Arrived in US!

09/25/2009 ~ Married!

10/30/2009 ~ Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/2009 ~ Received Biometrics appointment letter

12/08/2009 ~ Biometrics appointment

01/06/2010 ~ AOS case transferred to CSC (California Service Center)

01/07/2010 ~ AP approved

01/19/2010 ~ Recv'd Work Auth card in mail

02/24/2010 ~ AOS approved and card production began

03/01/2010 ~ Received Green Card in the mail

♥A man is not where he lives, but where he loves.♥ - Latin proverb-

Hi, I wanted to ask a question if someone can please help. If the persons passport has expired along with their country's ID card, must these be renewed before sending and filing I-751, or can copies of expired ones be accepted? Thanks!

I would get them renewed before sending them.

Filed: Timeline

Copies of your passport are NOT part of a I-751 package. Whether your consulate will accept the NOA1 to renew your passport, is a separate matter.

Copies of your passport are NOT part of a I-751 package. Whether your consulate will accept the NOA1 to renew your passport, is a separate matter.

Quick Note: Although a copy was not listed here at VJ, we sent in a copy of a few 'important' pages of her passport (Main & Visa pages) (why? and we were glad we did) Well, as told by an officer at USCIS,the biometrics for the I751 is to 'prove also' that the applicant is the same person who has filed all along and to match fingerprints, run a check again for any criminal activity. They track you all the way, every case, arrival, departures, returns etc. Your A# is part of your passport as well.....where your Visa to enter this country is located, in/on your passport when you came here. Your A# stays with you through this whole process, it identifies you in their system. Of coarse, this is just our experience and opinion.

I would immediately contact your consulate here in the US, call them, and ask them what you should do. Make arrangements, if you need to, to go there and renew. I know that my wife, if needed, could go to Chicago and renew her passport there ......her passport is still up to date however. Never take a chance, always be prepared for 'anything' when dealing with USCIS, no matter how disorganized they may seem to be, they are still a strict federal court 'sorta speak' ......have your case well prepared and well documented, as any Attorney would tell you. Again, just my opinion.

Edited by DavidandJenny

David & Jenny

Removing Conditions

5-24-2010 - Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center via USPS (receipt/signature required)

5-25-2010 - Delivered to Vermont Service Center & Signed For

6-1-2010 - I-751 Receipt Notice Received in Mail (dated 5/26/10)

*time Passed

7-30-2010 - Biometrics date: August 13, 2010

8-13-2010 - Biometrics Finished

*time passed

8-30-2010 - email received 'card production ordered'

8-31-2010 - touch (updated on uscis as approved)

9-4-2010 - Received 10yr Green Card ** Now we relax **

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.