MrsAmera

US Embassy Help to US Perm Resident

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

This is a bit of an odd question but I'm hoping someone might have some insight. I've done quite a bit of research and haven't come up with anything. My husband is in Morocco right now with our two kids. He is a US Perm. Resident (almost citizen)and our two kids are both American citizens. All of this hoopla about the Quran burning is freaking me out a bit. Although I highly highly doubt anything will happen in Morocco I do want to have my bases covered since there have been advisories issues to all countries regarding potential unrest. The question is;

- Will the US government help my Perm Resident husband and kids to leave the country if need be? Or do they only help US Citizens (so they would help my kids but not my husband..."?

Any insight?

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Is the trip registered through the embassy ? Their first concern will be locating and helping and USC in danger. The issue is if your husband is a citizen of where he is at the US can't go gathering up the resident countries citizens .

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its likely they wont help him because he is not a citizen, they will however help the kids since they are.

In situations of unrest they locate all american citizens in that country and set up a check point where they look at the passports for US Citizen verification before taking them on boats or helicopters. If the trip is registered with the embassy its a lot easier to find them.

- This comes from active duty american military members.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Hi

I have been reading a little bit about it. and i haven't found anything. All documents, even Department of state's webpage, only talks about citizen rights. apparently LPR rights are valid only in USA.

Check this link,

http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/emergencies/emergencies_1212.html

if you find any additional information please post it.

Timeline

Man that is depressing! I find it hard to believe that they would take my 6 and 3 year old out of the country alone without their father...but then again who knows! I hope it's all for naught and I'm just being anxious over nothing!

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline

Interpol and the State Department had issued warnings if the burning went through... http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world/interpol-warning-on-koraan-burning-20100910-153g7.html

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Interpol and the State Department had issued warnings if the burning went through... http://news.smh.com....0910-153g7.html

I read that the burning had been called off so I think that everything will be okay.

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.