Dr. A ♥ O

MENA Daily Chat 1.0

440 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I hope you feel better soon Andrea! Sorry about dh quiting his job but it sounds like it was for the better. Jackie you're super women! (L)

I told Sharifah I was running her idea by the group in this thread today. It looks like it's a go from the feedback I'm getting and I asked her if she'd like to do us all the honor and start the MENA Monthly thread since it was her idea originally. She said with kids and the holidays and work and family stuff going on she might not be able to get to it but hopes that if she doesn't that someone will start it for her. I told her Nov 1st isn't until Monday, which is post holiday, so no hurry there.

Right now I'm kind of feeling sad because dh is leaving tomorrow for 7 weeks for that medical observership in Maryland and to stay with his family. I can tell he's kind of excited about it but not letting on too much. He's lined up for his registration at the foreign graduates of medical schools conference in D.C. His Sister got him the hookup from a person she works with that could invite one guest. Otherwise, it would cost us big bucks! I'm really glad he's taking the initiative and going for it.

He attended my Uncle's knee surgery in town this morning. He and my Uncle are good buddies now though and dh said being there for family is what they do in Egypt to show support. My Uncle said here at outpatient surgery centers they don't really want people there unless to drop off and pick up.

While I'm feeling sad one of my good friends just got her heart broken when he boyfriend dumped her and so she invited me to Papa Roach concert tonight. She was supposed to go with him and now has no one to go with and she was crying on the phone. I felt conflicted because it's my last night with dh before he leaves but my good friend is heart broken and needs her friend and the concert may take her mind off it. Plus with kids she hardly ever gets out and has a babysitter lined up already. I hadn't really heard of them before but I listened to some of their songs and I recognized one of them. I haven't been to a concert in forever. It's also going to be a Halloween Extravaganza and there are four bands. I don't have a costume. I thought about renting a costume and going as a fat avatar. I told my friend that and got a laugh out of her through her tears. blush.gif She thought the idea was hilarious.

Oh, Charles if Sharifah or someone does start the monthly thread on Monday the 1st you may go ahead and close this thread so it doesn't confuse others. Thanks. good.gif

November is sweeps month and I've already been asked to do extra work and switch my hours around. Plus there is the holiday. Busy busy busy with the news but loving it! (L)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Happy Friday MENA!!!! Hello everyone!!! Today is my mother's 84th birthday!!! :thumbs::dance: I love my momma :luv: I couldn't figure out what to give to her... we started talking about the bible and I remembered she had my aunt's old bible and it had books missing... so I told her I will get her one with super giant print so she won't have to use glasses... habibi got her a birthday cake and a card :luv: I was feeling bad ALL day because I had some bacon this morning but forgot to take my bp medicine :bonk: I felt dizzy and my chest was hurting.. I felt like I was going to die, seriously... I left work early and then my car almost cut off on me... I called habibi and asked him to talk me all the way home.. thankfully he was on break.. God is good.. I took the medicine and laid down and talked to Autumn about space.. I LOVE talking about space.. I really wanted to be in the Air Force and also be an astronaut :crying: I told Autumn do well in math and science and do it for me :star: I feel a little better now.. Andrea, sorry about your hubby and his job.. I'm also sorry you weren't feeling well... I pray you get better :thumbs: Olivia, I'm sorry your hubby is leaving for awhile :crying: I pray all goes well with him and your family on the east coast... sorry to hear about your uncle.. I pray all is well :thumbs: also a monthly thread is fine with me too.. btw :blush: I had to look up alliteration :blush::rofl: shhhh, don't tell nobody :ot2: everyone have a great night :thumbs:

Edited by FaithfulandTrue

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oh, Charles if Sharifah or someone does start the monthly thread on Monday the 1st you may go ahead and close this thread so it doesn't confuse others. Thanks. good.gif

will do.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Thanks again Charles. Happy Caturday MENA! :luv:

plane.jpg

I dropped my honey off at the airport today. :crying:

I watched as he went through security and had to do the new full body scan.

He texted msg me he made it to SLC and is now on his way to Baltimore.

As I was leaving the airport I tried to suck it up and not cry because I knew I won't see him for 7 weeks.

At least the business of sweeps month in November will keep my mind occupied.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I missed habibi last night. cry.gif I thought it wouldn't affect me like this after everything we've been through with the immigration waiting and the military service waiting but it all started coming back to me. I tried to eat last night on my lunch break during work and that's when he called me to tell me he made it to Maryland. After talking to him a little bit later a wave of nausea hit me like a brick wall. I had to toss my dinner or I was going to puke and I barely ate any of it. I never had the nausea get to me like that unless I was sick and I'm not ill right now. It was strange. huh2.gif

I haven't really done anything to celebrate Halloween this year. I worked last night when everybody was celebrating downtown and I'm working tonight too. Not planning to celebrate Thanksgiving either though I have it off from work and I'm invited to my Brother's house. I have never cared about that holiday with all the cleaning and cooking and family gathering. I've only ever had one awesome Thanksgiving and that was when I stayed up at college and went to a friends house for it and celebrated with her family. It was interesting to get a peak into another families world for that day. I'm working Christmas eve and Christmas but I think I'll celebrate that a little bit at least by giving out presents to friends and family. I've always loved Christmas. I haven't talked to dh about the presents yet with our budget. My Mom got us a hotel room for our 4th anniversary with her travel points. It's in town somewhere. We'll be celebrating on Wednesday instead of the day it's on Tuesday because I'll be working. I don't know what we'll be doing for New Year's Eve since he doesn't like to go downtown to the bar scene and my friends don't usually throw parties. Maybe it will be another quiet night at home watching movies, snoring. He doesn't really celebrate Valentine's day either. All our holidays seem foreign to him. The only holiday he seems to care about are the arabic ones he knows. My friend's mom said to me yesterday that we both are perfectly normal it's just that we come from different worlds so we celebrate different holidays and things about life. Anyways.

Happy Halloween! I hope it's spooktacular! girlwerewolf2xn.gifshocked.gif

_2F_images_2F_origs_2F_1022_2F_take_a_bow__baby_ballerinas__tutus.jpgBowing-Man.jpgBowing_Lady.jpg

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Whoa there, slow down! I like to take my holidays one at a time. :) I'm trying to focus on cleaning up for visitors and trick or treaters later on this evening. I don't even want to think about Thanksgiving yet let alone Christmas, New Years and Valentine's Day! Hehe.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

Good morning! Happy Sunday to all!

I will be a happy camper when 1). HALLOWEEN IS OVER!

2) THE ELECTIONS ARE OVER!

Seems like my Halloween experience from childhood is brought to life every freakin' year. For a month it's horror

movies, costumes, etc. I just want to close my eyes and wake up for Thanksgiving!! Give me happy moments.

Olivia, i'm sure the time will pass quickly and he will return! Am so happy your job will help you to pass this time

and make money!! Hey, how good is that!! :dance: :dance:

Beautiful day here. Our high is to be 82....just perfect. Hummingbirds are still hanging around. They are such

cuties. I'm doing nothing today. I love "Office Space"....it's good to be able to relate to something! It's good to do

nothing. :lol:

If you want to see an Egyptian's face light up, tell him you are making liver and onions! It's so true! Yeah, i'm making

liver and onions today.

I have finished the series "The Tudors" and this series is absolutely brilliant. Sad there isn't a new episode, but I

bought the DVD's so can watch it again and again. What a cast!

We had a very nice Anniversary. Can't believe it's been 4 yrs. (L)

Certainly hope your weekend is going good! Take care and be careful!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy Sunday guys.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Timeline

Good evening MENA!!!! Hello everyone!!!! :thumbs: Olivia, I'm sorry about your honey :crying: he'll be back before you know it.. Hey Jeanne :star: I'm glad your anniversary was great.. wow the hummingbirds are still handing around.. cool :thumbs: as far halloween, I DETEST it... I went to 2 churches today.. at the first church, they were having a festival for the kids later and asked me to come back.. I said no.. there is nothing Christ-like about it.. i've been a sleeping giant.. i didn't know any better.. but that's just me... :ot2: everyone have a blessed Sunday :thumbs:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Timeline

Slow news night. Guess this is a pre-run for the holidays I'm working coming up. I was told I didn't have to come in until 7pm on Christmas because we'll only have one show and no one will be watching, that's how holidays go. Never thought about it like that.

:D JVTA, it's all one holiday season to me. I think Andrea was even mentioning about mixing all her decorations in her yard.

Jeanne the liver thing reminds me of when I was living in Hurghada with dh and he brought home a fresh chicken for me to cook. Which I had no idea how to. I took the guts out and tossed them and he came home asking for the chicken liver and was so upset and disappointed to hear I threw it out. :lol:

Hey R and F.

Jenell it was the weirdest thing going to work today knowing it's Halloween and seeing the church by my house packed with cars for service.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I (L) the holiday season! I love every holiday from Halloween until New Years. I love getting into the holidays from decorating to cooking to shopping to entertaining. All of it. :) I love changing out all the decorations for each holiday. I'm about to switch out my Halloween decorations and put up my Thanksgiving/harvest stuff.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello Mena..

It is a cold night in Chicago. I was happy Friday night when hubby came home for his 1st week at work. He was dead tired but I welcomed him with a cooked “Okra Stew" and his favorite bean salad. It was nice to have him home this weekend since last week seems to be a tough one with him being away for 8 days.

Well things does not last for long since he will be leaving tomorrow at 5 AM to go back to WI for another 8 days working with another team leader which means I will be all alone :( he will be back on 8th of Nov. Therefore, Olivia don't feel bad, at least yours is for sometime mine will be like this for LONG time only if he decide to quit this job and we move to Texas so he can work with my Bro at his auto shop.

I cooked " Chicken Curry" today and tonight he is having " Beef Liver" which I master cooking it since I used to see my mom's doing it all times back home. I put lots of curry, cumin, Arabic allspice, black pepper, onion and most important oil.

I am thinking to start opening an Arabic cooking school since it seems I have time at my hand, because working 16 hours at work will not change anything since I am on a salary..

Have a wonderful week all..

Batta

" She's my kind of rain"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I (L) the holiday season! I love every holiday from Halloween until New Years. I love getting into the holidays from decorating to cooking to shopping to entertaining. All of it. :) I love changing out all the decorations for each holiday. I'm about to switch out my Halloween decorations and put up my Thanksgiving/harvest stuff.

I used to enjoy the holidays, but come to hate them! I don't know why maybe it was the man i used to be married to, he spoiled everythign for me.

Anyway, I had my first date today with an egyptian man who actually has a visa! He was very nice, he made dinner for me and we talked. Inshallah, we will see how things go. I wasn't sure if he was my type when we started chatting online, but he is very nice and sweet!

I know I don't post much anymore but i've bee sitting on the sidelines watching....

Have a good night!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

Are you my mother? :unsure: I know she's on here. She says she never posts though, just reads. That sounds just like her. She decorates a lot for each holiday! All month she changes her decorations around. Then she goes out and buys more decorations post holiday to decorate some more.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Hello Mena..

It is a cold night in Chicago. I was happy Friday night when hubby came home for his 1st week at work. He was dead tired but I welcomed him with a cooked "Okra Stew" and his favorite bean salad. It was nice to have him home this weekend since last week seems to be a tough one with him being away for 8 days.

Well things does not last for long since he will be leaving tomorrow at 5 AM to go back to WI for another 8 days working with another team leader which means I will be all alone :( he will be back on 8th of Nov. Therefore, Olivia don't feel bad, at least yours is for sometime mine will be like this for LONG time only if he decide to quit this job and we move to Texas so he can work with my Bro at his auto shop.

I cooked " Chicken Curry" today and tonight he is having " Beef Liver" which I master cooking it since I used to see my mom's doing it all times back home. I put lots of curry, cumin, Arabic allspice, black pepper, onion and most important oil.

I am thinking to start opening an Arabic cooking school since it seems I have time at my hand, because working 16 hours at work will not change anything since I am on a salary..

Have a wonderful week all..

Batta

Yep permanent vs. temporary. There was talk of him going back after the new year but now it doesn't look like that is going to happen because his sister is saying she wants to return to Egypt. She's got a lot on her plate so it's understandable. Never heard of Arabic allspice. I'm going to have to look that one up & learn to cook arabic food like his mother one day.

I used to enjoy the holidays, but come to hate them! I don't know why maybe it was the man i used to be married to, he spoiled everythign for me.

Anyway, I had my first date today with an egyptian man who actually has a visa! He was very nice, he made dinner for me and we talked. Inshallah, we will see how things go. I wasn't sure if he was my type when we started chatting online, but he is very nice and sweet!

I know I don't post much anymore but i've bee sitting on the sidelines watching....

Have a good night!

Good to see you Terrie! Congrats on your first post-divorce date. I'm glad you like him. :)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.