Dr. A ♥ O

MENA Daily Chat 1.0

440 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

IMO, You should get a police report made, and request that the police get with that Walmarts lost prevention to view the camera's on the guys that made purchases with yalls info. With your bank acct info you can get the date of purchase and amount so that the Walmart store can look up the receipts to those... it will show the last 4 of your credit card number on those transactions if they used your info linked to your card.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

I just read the link up on it about what they were doing in Walmart. Its happening ALOT these days. Definitely do your homework on getting the police report made and contacting the Walmart stores where your credit/debit card info was used.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

OUR BANK WAS ROBBED TODAY!

We headed to the bank today to talk to somebody and as we're pulling in we saw all these police cars around the bank and in the parking lots around the bank and different areas sectioned off and a line of police standing outside. I said to dh that it looked like the bank was robbed. He said, "That's it. I've had enough with Wells Fargo." :lol: I asked him to ask the police since they were on his side of the car so he rolled down his window and asked them, "Excuse me can we go to the bank?" They looked at us like blink.gif and said no. Then I asked, "What happened?" The police officer came up to our doors and said the bank was robbed but you can go to the downtown bank. I asked which way was downtown and thanked them. If we had been there just a few minutes earlier like I wanted to be we would have been inside the bank when it was robbed and experienced that. Thanks to dh though we left 30 minutes after we were supposed to leave and missed the robbery. He had changed the time so he could do something before we left.

First his card info gets stolen. Then my card info gets stolen and today our bank was robbed. Dh said he thought this kind of thing only happened in the movies. wacko.gif

Bank Robbery

OMG :huh: That should be a sign to close your account with them lol

I know that WF merged with Wachovia which I used in the past until I noticed money missing from my account!

I suggest you get your free credit report(if not already) at www.annualcreditreport.com and also file fraud alert with one of the credit reporting companies :

You have the right to ask that nationwide consumer credit reporting companies place "fraud alerts" in your file to let potential creditors and others know that you may be a victim of identity theft. A fraud alert can make it more difficult for someone to get credit in your name because it tells creditors to follow certain procedures to protect you. It also may delay your ability to obtain credit. You may place a fraud alert in your file by calling just one of the three nationwide consumer credit reporting companies. As soon as that agency processes your fraud alert, it will notify the other two, which then also must place fraud alerts in your file.

* Equifax: 1-877-576-5734; www.alerts.equifax.com

* Experian: 1-888-397-3742; www.experian.com/fraud

* TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289; www.transunion.com

An initial fraud alert stays in your file for at least 90 days. An extended alert stays in your file for seven years. To place either of these alerts, a consumer credit reporting company will require you to provide appropriate proof of your identity, which may include your Social Security number. If you ask for an extended alert, you will have to provide an identity theft report. An identity theft report includes a copy of a report you have filed with a federal, state, or local law enforcement agency.

I hope all works out for you.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Timeline

Happy Anniversary Jeanne & Wael!

Happy Thursday MENA.

We haven't filed a police report yet. I thought about calling the police and talking with them if it's really worth it. I think they only got our debit card information and not our identities because that seems to be all they were interested in. My husband didn't get a social security card until after the information was already stolen which makes me also think it wasn't about identity theft but debit card theft. Those cards are cancelled now and it looks like the ring of fraudsters doing it are caught and going down. I already have fraud protection. I don't know if reporting our case will help with leads, or if it will send the police on a separate wild goose chase, or if they already have their answers from the guys they caught doing it in our area.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Happy Thursday MENA!!!! Hello ladies and Charles!!!! Wow, I have missed a lot :blink: First of all, I missed all of you :luv: Jeanne, Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby Wael :dance::thumbs: That's wonderful!!! Andrea, I didn't get a chance to go to the jazz concert.. too many people and I got there late.... oh and about those darn stickers... I tried to buy some tomatoes Monday, which had stickers but they weren't in the computer at Walmart... she said you can get in another line to purchase them.. she had finished ringing up everything.. I said no thank you, I'm in a hurry :blink: Olivia, sigh, what the heck is going on girl?!?! It's insane with the card thing, and then the bank getting robbed to boot :o:wow::(:no::help::wacko::blink::angry::unsure::crying:(F) I am truly full of emotion about that... please do a police report and use the website I told you about before... I bank with Compass, well now BBVA Compass.. but I did have a problem as I told you before... I'm not sure what bank is really safe to be honest.. no one is immune to idiots doing these things.. anyway I pray all works out for you... for the person in AP (F) .. everyone have a good evening :thumbs:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Timeline

(L) (L) (L) For Jeanne and Wael.. I had it on my profile at one point but we can only have two videos at a time.. Happy Anniversary again!!!!

Edited by FaithfulandTrue

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Timeline

Thanks Jenell. My cousin works for our local police department. I'll talk to him about it.

What does everyone think about Sharifah's idea awhile back of starting a monthly MENA Chat Thread? It might be easier to only have to read posts back to the start of the month for those not checking in regularly. The daily thread didn't seem to work anymore because there were days where it wouldn't get started at all or would get started really late. A monthly thread might be better than one big long 5,000 post thread.

Anyone want to start a monthly thread called MENA Chat Nov 2010 or some more creative name for a monthly thread? MENA Monthly - Nov 2010? At least it's an alliteration. tongue.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Timeline

Good idea on the 'monthly thread' :thumbs:

Happy Friday! I have just worked 12 days in a row and by 3pm today I will be READY for the weekend!

Hope ya'll have a great day today. Get out there and make a difference, even if it is just a smile you have to offer, give it :)

Jax (F)

Timeline

Happy Friday everyone!! I second the idea of a monthly thread!!:thumbs: Cosidering I haven't been on VJ for the past week and I had a few pages to catch up on!!:blink:

Olivia that's crazy about yours and dh's account compromise!!! My gosh! What a nightmare!

When I went to Egypt, I contacted my bank and told them when and where I was going and all the places out of the country so when they got a transaction from there they would know it was me. It really helped alot by doing that. Plus when I checked my account online I didn't have any hassle getting into the account via different IP addresses.

I am with the local credit union here. I debated to go to a national bank but I like the idea of a smaller more personal bank. So far I haven't regretted it!!!

Happy belated anniversary Jeanne and Wael! I got up with you on FB but have to say here too!!! :innocent:

Hey Jenell!!! I missed your music!!! Hope all is well with your clan!!

Jackie~ 12 days straight!!! Are ya crazy!!!:wacko: You are a better person than me!! Sometimes I don't feel like I can make a regular 5 day work week!! Enjoy your weekend, you deserve it!!!

Me, I am just glad it's Friday! I have been dealing with a sore throat all week long. I know it's post nasal drip but dang it, I'm not giving in!!!:angry: We have a birthday/halloween party to go to tomorrow night and I have been looking forward to it all week long!!!!! I will not get sick!!!!!

Well hubby went and did it. He ended up quitting his job. All I can say is that I am surprised he lasted this long. His boss was a real B***head. His boss is Egyptian too but I'm telling you, he was the most slickest, greedy, seedyist man I have every met!

Hubby kept saying that if they were in Egypt this man wouldn't be doing this! His family would completely disown him for the dirty work he does to people. Oh well, one door will close and a new one will open! I'm hoping and a praying! It's hard to have a shorten cash flow right before Christmas!!!

Ok everybody have a great Friday!!!:dance:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Good idea on the 'monthly thread' :thumbs:

Happy Friday! I have just worked 12 days in a row and by 3pm today I will be READY for the weekend!

Hope ya'll have a great day today. Get out there and make a difference, even if it is just a smile you have to offer, give it :)

Jax (F)

((((((((((((((((((((((Jax))))))))))))))))))))) Hope you are well sister...is Ibrahim adjusting to la vida loca of the USA?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good Friday to one and all. Have a great day guys.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.